Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Making Add-On dependent killers less dependent

Just a list of small changes that I think would help our reliant killers, less reliant

Wraith: The new change that they've done, making the Ghost soot basekit, making the Hound soot basekit (Makes his stealth aspect way better and extra tracking for his playstyle)

Doctor: Making all of Calm Class 1 basekit, illusionary pallets basekit (Doc isn't very reliant on add-ons but he is noticeably stronger with even brown add ons so, I thought this would be nice for him)

Ghostface: Address book basekit, Cinch straps basekit (Extra power, better crouch, simple enough)

Trickster: 1 ricochet basekit, Yumi's murder and Ripper Brace (Makes his power less weak and keeps it balanced, good fixes imo)

Leave your thoughts below if you'd like, I personally think these are all fine and won't make these killers too op, simply just improving their power

Comments

• BitingSeaBitingSea Member Posts: 332

I also forgot about Trapper, my bad

Trapper bag and gloves, basekit

• MasterninjaMasterninja Member Posts: 273

These are good ideas, but the devs aren't going to look at them until 2022. Which is lamentable but is expected nowadays.

I'm sorry for you. :(

• ChurchofPigChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,120
    edited March 2021

I haven't used add-ons on Ghost Face or Doctor in a long time and get constant 4ks. I don't know what you're talking about them being add-on dependent. They absolutely are not.

Trickster... I almost feel like you're being generous with how add-on dependent he is by saying only ricochet and Yumi's/Ripper Brace add-on.

Note: I'm a Rank 1 Killer

• ALostPuppyALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

It's actually so sad yet hilarious that we've been asking BHVR to change a 1 to a 2 or 3 for 5 entire years and they still haven't even considered it.

• StibbityStabbityStibbityStabbity Member Posts: 1,449

When it comes to Killer changes, to say they "Err on the side of caution" would be an understatement. Obviously, they change new Killers after they release based on feedback and performance, as well as common gripes and concerns. However, once they feel a Killer is solid enough to not create a massive stink, they seem to just sit on them. This isn't helped at all by how they prioritize new content over fixing/adjusting older content. Now, we're getting more older content seeing revamps and adjustments, but at the cost of new maps.

It's all a step in the right direction, but the pace is still a bit slow and the changes have been... questionable. Other games use very similar methods (Rainbow Six Siege in particular of all things) but with better results due to open communication with the community and the ability to balance gathered statistics with community feedback.