Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
We will shortly be deploying a hotfix to the PTB to potentially address the Save Game Errors that some players were facing. Please update your PTB build when the update is available and let us know of any issues. Thank you.

Tunnel and camp

Camp and tunnel is all killers do now. Something needs to be done to discourage this gameplay or else this game is finished. Players should not pip up in rank if that's all that they are doing. Devs go back to the drawing board and fix it. Leatherface is the worst and with the new map layout you can't get away from him.

Comments

• jaredlxxiiijaredlxxiii Member Posts: 618
    edited March 2021

Not all killers camp and tunnel. I usually don't camp or tunnel.

The times I do it is because of things like I have a challenge that requires a certain survivor(like the obsession). I will also camp and tunnel a survivor that is not doing anything except hiding in lockers or on the outer edge of the map though in that situation camping isn't always necessary as the survivors occasionally don't want to rescue them from the hook anyways.

• Johanatan_LuiseJohanatan_Luise Member Posts: 9

no they can solve it very easily, they just don't want solve it

just stop the hook progression if killer is camping, very easy

they just don't want to do it, this game is broken mate

• rickyray101rickyray101 Member Posts: 141

If that's the case if I need to chase an obsession I use the perk Nemesis so it shifts the obsession to another survivor. Camping and Tunneling screams to me that the killer sucks at this game. The killer already has it easy enough. They're only doing it to play dirty because they can get away with it.

• nicnc82nicnc82 Member Posts: 344

Not all if us killers are trash. There are some of us that can get kills without camping and tunneling. Now, will I go away from the hook if you continue to run around it? Nope, I would be stupid to. You need to run away and I'll chase you. I'm not giving free hooks.

• poomanchupoomanchu Member Posts: 242

Maybe they could fix the ability of blinding a killer by shining the flashlight at the side of his head

• CleviteClevite Member Posts: 4,335

You are not wrong my friend.

Unfortunately, so many only main one side and don't know how to empathize towards the other side. So they ignore fun gameplay for self defined "wins" It is fair and just. They deserve to play as they wish.

But some of us walk a different path, drop the egos, and win or lose, play for fun. I hope to meet you in the fog OP....I thing whether teammates or opponents we would find the game fun.

• EvanSnowWolfEvanSnowWolf Member Posts: 1,583

As opposed to doing what?

Every time a Survivor makes this thread it's the same thing. They hate the Killer doing what works because they want to loop them half the game.

When I play Killer the absolute LAST thing I want to do is engage a Survivor in looping.

• Tillablerhino44Tillablerhino44 Member Posts: 505

But again devsi s chasing away his fan base.

If killers that camp lost two pips every time they camped,they would go back to yellow ranks were they belong. I hate campers. There a waste of time and it takes forever to get ques for survivors at night.

It is easily preventable make it like make your choice were a killer can't come with so many meters of hook untill survivor is rescued.

But this game was not made for us ask your self why everytime another killer comes out they don't advertise the survivor . There always n the background we are here to be bullied and that's how behavior wants it.

• BadMrFrostyBadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100

It tends to depend on the speed of the generators. If 3 generators are done by the time I have a hook or two, with fast chases, then something's gotta give. I will camp, tunnel, and slug the crap out of your team to have an opportunity to play the game. Now, I don't go into every game ready to do these things at all times, it depends on the pacing of the match. Ideally, I'd like to give each survivor three hooks, but that's just not practical if they're pounding out generators faster than I can get to them.

• UnentitledBunnyManUnentitledBunnyMan Member Posts: 313

I thought they added the free character Bill to anti tunneling

Lmao u wait forever to play as survivor but u still want to nerf killers, big brain

• FrenziedRoachFrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,585
    edited March 2021

So... just had a game with a camping Legion and it was the strangest thing... he got zero kills.

BECAUSE WE DID THE ######### GENS

First hook, the other two people popped off 2 gens and I kept playing cat and mouse on the shed gen that was within sight of him. He kept pulling away from the hook to shoo me off and eventually had to feral frenzy me off.

By this time, the other two had gotten the teammate off the hook.

By the time he got his second hook, the rest of us were on one gen and we sacrificed a health state on the hooked player to finish a gen, open the door, heal up, then bum-rush the hook

Fucking stop whining and get good already.

BTW.... this was solo que.

With BT Dh ds combo tunneling a unhooked grants the killer lose. If u r actually good u will only blame the survivors r too bad to save u from hook. On average if every killer tunnel and camp u still have 3 out of 4 games which u get free escape, and if u bring BT u can safely save from the camper. I think u need to get good before u complain about the game, like being in rank 1 for like 10 times a row, then ur opinion will be more valid. Now I just think u r a noob

And if u say the camped people just suicide, then it's the hooked person's fault. I never Kobe 3 and let go when I play as survivor no matter what happens. Killing your self on hook is rewarding the camper

• TsulanTsulan Member Posts: 12,059

Survivors have long queues, because there are not enough killers around and your solution is to nerf and punish killers?

• ilovedbd123ilovedbd123 Member Posts: 1,942

So what your saying is, you want to be able to hook bomb to your heart's content.

And imagine how abusable that would be.

In a chase? Just dip into that zone and the killer can't chase you. Self care to your heart's content and then save the person. That's stupid.

Also camping for last survivor who you hooked fairly is ok in egc, but if they camp before that then it's pretty #########. Tunneling I don't agree that it's ######### but that's just me.

• Northener1907Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012

Thank you, i hope too. Sometimes i have good games, that is why i am still staying in game. Yesterday i saw one Felix, he has useless teammates. He played well and made me busy for 3 gens. Then i get him down. And after him other survivors was easy, they just died so fast. I gave Felix hatch because he deserved that. After that i played one killer game too. This survivors were swf. And they tried to toxic tactics. And then they all died. Game was not fun, i felt mad because they just wanted destroy fun for me and they were salty in end game.

• Harold_ShipmanHarold_Shipman Member Posts: 728

Stop hook progress while killer is around the hook and not in a chase?

We already have that as a survivor perk: Camaraderie.

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 21,675

Great perk to replace DS, since apparently DS will now be useless, if some users are to be believed.

• XzanXzan Member Posts: 908

Survivors should stop tunneling Gens then.

And please don't tell me thats their objective. They should spread out Gen Progress. Otherwise it's not fun. Devs should do something against it.

/s

Despite all the people claiming, that it will be useless. I highly doubt, that the number of DS users will decrease. Maybe some cocky streamers will stop using it, as they won´t be able to do their tricks with DS. But apart from that, business as usual. Since it will still protect against getting tunneled and still works great for late hook rescues.