Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Whispers Love <3

TricksTricks Member Posts: 957

Whispers is to Killers what Spine Chill is to Survivors.

I love this perk so much that I really feel it when I forget to load it. It has a huge impact on any match I play as Killer and am wondering two things:

If anyone else feels the same about Whispers and why it isn't considered as OP as Spine Chill as they essentially do the same thing. Notify the Killer / Survivor of the opposition who are in the near vicinity.

• Whispers tells you if you can leave a segment of the map in favour of one that has Survivors in it, optimizing map pressure and minimizing time wasted in areas of the map there are no Survivors in.
  • Whispers tells you which exit gate to haunt in EGC with the last Survivor left in a match with two locked exit gates after you close the hatch making it IMPOSSIBLE for them to escape unless they have a key.

I don't even pay attention to the sound, I just look for the Whispers icon as to weather it's lit up or not. It's that easy.

That's pretty much it, the two main functions of Whispers that I know of. How is this going under the radar? those effects are huge game changers.

Is there anything else I've missed about it?

Comments

• SilentPillSilentPill Member Posts: 1,302

I think the main thing about it is that it’s team dependent and map reliant. I honestly don’t find it really necessary if you have monitor and abuse or are playing other low terror radius killers since you will find people naturally.

You will get stealthy teams trying to wait out corrupt on a huge map and it’s invaluable.

Other games you get an aggressive team that don’t care about being found and it’s a wasted perk slot. Or a map with predictable spawn locations.

It’s still one of my favorite perks though.

• OniWantsYourMacaroniOniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,755

I used to play with that perk back then but i dropped it once i got a feeling on how to find survivors early on.

I don't really care if i find the last guy or not.

The only time i wish i had it is when i'm playing against really immersed survivors but that doesn't happen too often,fortunately

• ShenshenShenshen Member Posts: 228

I couldn't agree more. In my opinion Whispers is absolutely underrated despite being the best information perk a killer can have. I love this perk and it feels weird playing without it. So yeah, I agree with you.

The reasons why people aren't playing it are: they think they don't need it, they think it is a bad perk, it doesn't fit in their build. I can understand if it doesn't fit, maybe you want to play a specific build and you don't have space for Whispers. I can't understand why a lot of people think it is a bad perk, people who think that just don't see the value and if you think you don't need it....fair point.

Whispers is my all time favorite perk.

• WiiFitTrainerWiiFitTrainer Member Posts: 788

Unpopular opinion but I don't think whispers is very good if you have a bit of game experience.

You can predict pretty easily where survivors spawn by searching in a cone shape opposite eof where you spawn. The new maps make it even easier since you can see across the map a lot of times.

If you keep track of gens being pressured survivors are most likely near by which defeats the purpose of whisper

Bbq, discordance, thrilling tremors give more tracking value is most cases.

I think it's good as a training perk to get a feel of where survivors spawn, but that's about it.

• spenzomaticspenzomatic Member Posts: 139

I have a tough time with whispers. It goes off and most of the time I fail to find the hiding survivor and I feel like I wasted a lot of time.

I actually enjoy spies far more. Not helpful for careful survivors or EGC but I've found it super valuable in chases when survivor breaks LOS or when they scatter due to spine chill when approaching gens.

Maybe some tips on what you do when you see it go off and you have to decide to look or not.

• Mat_SellaMat_Sella Member Posts: 2,703

I use it on Ghostface to time his stealth so i can approach before the survivors can react (obviously Spine Chill is still a factor)

• OldHunterLightOldHunterLight Member Posts: 2,869

I had a whispers addiction because of how good the perk is, I had to stop running it for a long time on killers like billy, huntress, nurse until recently when I came back to the addiction.

• PepsidotPepsidot Member Posts: 1,031
    edited March 2021

To me, whispers is a must perk at the lower ranks where survivors are hiding all game. It's also great at the higher ranks for the reasons you stated.

At the moment I'm using it no matter which killer I play. I always feel nervous about survivors potentially taking the game hostage and hiding to heavily prolong the game (from past experience!), so whispers is awesome.

I'm grinding challenges at the moment and whispers has been great for always getting the 4k for challenges that require sacrifices/hooks.

:)