Home Optimization

FPS drops since latest patch 4.6.0 [PC]

KasamskyKasamsky Member Posts: 22
edited March 31 in Optimization

Well yeah i have this huge FPS drops since the latest game update wich makes the game not enjoyable for me at the moment. I am running a Freesync-Monitor at 72Hz and before that patch i was able to play with a 72 FPS lock just fine. Now it will drop 40-30 FPS and It doesn't matter if i play killer or survivour, however due to killers first person view it's much more noticeable there. It feels like it's getting worse after i hook someone or start a chase.

PC Specs:

• AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT
  • AMD Radeon Vega 56
  • SATA SSD
  • 16GB Ram
  • Windows 10 Pro

Running all the latest drivers and Windows updates.

3 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• RyuzakiRyuzaki Member Posts: 507

Do you happen to use a controller and a mouse/keyboard at the same time? This is causing fps issues with the latest update.

• NeprašheartNeprašheart Member Posts: 44
    edited April 2

I can, somewhat relate to that.

Yesterday, everything was fine; Ultra, 100% Resolution, Auto-Adjust on , 60 FPS stable (Maximum FPS value in GameSettings.ini is set to 0.).

Now, today, I've launched it, and do experience 11 - 19 FPS unstable. Even in the main menu. Unplayable. But, even in the intro video, the FPS value is above 450 FPS.

Radeon RX 580 Series, VRAM 4GB, RAM 16GB, AMD Ryzen 7 2700 Eight-Core Processor (16 CPUs), ~3.2 GHz; 900 GB SSD.

I do refuse to accept, my system requirements are below the recommended level. That's just a nonsense. I do use K+M, never used a controller. Drivers, everything's up to date. Verifying the game files shows, nothing's missing (nothing to redownload).

EDIT1;

After trying to find more and more about it, I can confirm, the issue isn't in the game, but in the PC.. At least, for me.

EDIT2;

The issue is low CPU usage.. Like, below 10%.

EDIT3;

Increased the power of CPUs. They were at 3200, so I put them to 4300. Now, it runs stable 62 FPS.

Post edited by Neprašheart on
  • Nyaren_ChanNyaren_Chan Member Posts: 234

Same problem here except I play on Low.

Prior to 4.6.0, even the same day, I had no problems whatsoever, no stuttering or low FPS issues whatsoever.

Post-4.6.0, I experience very low FPS while in game, a lot of stutters (often paired with sound bugs), which makes skill checks and chases unplayable. I want to add that I also know someone who experienced this exact same issues, with the exact same problems as I have. Still not solved.

• MoistTomatoMoistTomato Member Posts: 3

I play on Low (100% resolution, auto-adjust off) and have been getting the exact same issues. Usually get a solid 60 FPS without stuttering, but as of 4.6.0 while I still usually maintain 60 FPS I often get stutters down to 20-30 FPS during games. I'm talking anywhere between 10-20 times a match. It's much more noticeable while playing Killer, but it happens while playing Survivor too. My relevant PC specs are as follows:

• Intel Core i5 4690 @ 3.50Gz
    • AMD Radeon R9 390 Series
    • 32GB DDR3 RAM @ 666MHz
    • 232GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB (DBD is stored on this disk)

Hope this gets solved ASAP, as it's made Killer in particular near-unbearable to play.

• PrivateEADPrivateEAD Member Posts: 7
    edited April 2

I was playing on low(100% Resolution) with 60-63 FPS everything was fine... but with the all kill chapter i have FPS drops from 63 to 38 FPS.

r9 270x

i7-47770h

16 gb ddr 3

• Nyaren_ChanNyaren_Chan Member Posts: 234

How did you solve that problem regarding your CPU ?

Also I hope this issue will at least be aknowledged by the devs. I have had to stop playing DBD since a few says because of the issue.

• MetzuMetzu Member Posts: 53

Yes, I have also been experiencing frequent frame drops (for about 2 seconds at a time) since 4.6.0. I play on an RTX 2080ti, I doubt this has anything to do with our hardware.

• PAntWillPAntWill Member Posts: 2

I also have been experiencing frame drops but not just in game - the whole main menu feels and looks laggy, stutters like my system can’t handle the game. I’ve always had it on Ultra Full res and now even the main menu is lagging. As a survivor I can’t hit skill flecks and as a killer I can’t aim.

INCREDIBLY frustrating