Any killer and map ideas?
Just throwing out concepts and thinking about what could be fun, not being overly serious or expecting such things to happen. Here are some things I imagine could be fun, what about you guys?
- THE THING. Killer: The Thing (duh). Survivor: Macready / Kurt Russell. Map: Arctic research station (half indoor half outdoor map. Light inside, dark outside. Snow everywhere). Extra thoughts: The monster's trick would be taking the form of another player, but with some subtle hints to give them away for those who pay attention (maybe they move strangely, twitch occasionally, etc). The survivor could have a perk that gives a 50 percent chance of revealing the killer's identity to all survivors if he sees their blood trail or heals them.
- THE DUMMY. Killer: A humanlike but obviously fake (yet still ambulatory!) dummy. It could be something horrific or, in my opinion, creepier if it resembled something like "Fats" from the underrated Anthony Hopkins drama-thriller "Magic". It wouldn't be as small as Victor, but wouldn't be as tall as Amanda. Whether he came with a ventriloquist would be up to the devs though I'd say no, it's not necessary (and too similar to The Twins). Not really sure what his powers could be, any ideas? Maybe something about being able to throw his voice and make the players think he's close when he isn't, thus revealing their presence? Something involving marionette strings? Perks, maps and a potential survivor would be up in the air.
- CHILD'S PLAY. Speaking of dummies, the survivor could be Charles Lee Ray who has a voodoo power that he can activate if he finds one of several Good Guy dolls scattered about the map. As himself he's tall and wearing dark clothes, as the Good Guy doll he would be much smaller but wearing very bright clothes. Players wouldn't know who to look out for. The survivor could be Andy, main survivor of the franchise. Map: A giant toy store or, more ideally, the massive Good Guy warehouse from the second film. I know we already have a warehouse but the one in CP2 is shown as being full of tall, narrow, all but identical corridors, with a giant wide open area full of loud machinery and conveyor belts.
- THE GREY. Probably way too farfetched / out of place for most people, I know. Again, I'm just throwing out things that I myself would find fun, and the concept of alien greys creep me out. The killer: An alien grey, yellowish or pale or grayish in color with the now well-recognized large head and dark eyes, skinny build, etc. It's power could revolve around telepathy, fear, able to cause players to lose their minds and mess up objective tasks. It could also possibly use its telepathic powers to slowly reduce your health state if nearby (harkening to stories of aliens supposedly mutilating cattle and draining their blood with surgical precision). Something could maybe be done with a UFO that quietly passes over the map from time to time. The map itself would be a rural area, maybe a small neighborhood (but larger than Haddonfield, there would be multiple streets) at night. It could also be a farm, as in an actual farmhouse with a largely open field on one end and thick forest on the other. Betty or Barney Hill types could be cool survivors - a middle-aged mixed marriage couple.
- THE LONER. Killer: An older, off the grid, paranoid anti-government human male. Survivor: Federal agent / SWAT. Map: HEAVILY forested mountainous terrain with lots of blind hills, a shooting range, and a small clearing that contains the small log cabin in which the killer resides. His powers could be different types of camouflage and traps, a sneaky killer.
- THE PROPHET. Going from Ruby Ridge to Jonestown, the killer would be a cult leader. Normal looking or robed wiry-haired crazed lunatic human. His powers would revolve around seduction and deception, doing things that mess with your mind like lowering your defense, causing you to drop and disable your carried items (donation) or drawing you in with false promises (fake generators, etc). His map could either be a huge indoor disaster prep house, underground bunker (probably too much like Hawkins) or, my favorite, a vast outdoor location in a remote-looking area with lots and lots of tents as well as a large single-floor steeple.
- THE INFECTED. Killer: A rage-filled human being (no, the killers in 28 Days Later are NOT zombies despite what even the movie's own dvd box claims) that runs extremely fast, is viciously aggressive, and is driven only by the desire to attack any living thing. In a perfect world I think it would be awesome if the killer's only power was to attack and therefore infect other players, thus making THEM additional killers. I know that the game doesn't work that way, the infrastructure to accommodate this mechanic would be a mess, and it would cause all kinds of balance issues. In the lore of 28 Days Later there is no medical cure for infection, so I'm not sure what the counterplay would be. Maybe if the player chose NOT to become the killer they could, after becoming infected, sacrifice a health state to remain normal, thus implying that they cut off the infected skin before it was too late? In the film infection takes place within seconds, so there could be a challenge there, and I like the idea of a chaotic match where the number of survivors and killers keep swapping places. Again, I know, unrealistic. Just sounds fun. The map would be the militarily-fortified mansion from the end of the film. The survivor could be Jum or Selena, one of the two main leads. Terror radius transitioning into chase music would be "In a House, in a Heartbeat" because that would not only be accurate to the film but also just plain badass. :D
Thanks for reading (if you did, lol). What are some of your own ideas? What kind of killers, maps, or themes would you enjoy seeing in a game like this?