Home Dead by Daylight Forums PTB Feedback Archives 4.7.0 PTB Feedback

Please leave demo the way he is now

Mak0Mak0 Member Posts: 250

Please. How do you nerf a killer people have consistently been asking buffs for from both sides. rat liver was an add on he heavily relied on. please make it base kit

Comments

• gilgamergilgamer Member Posts: 1,922

Because bhvr is the king of the back handed buffs that come with random left field nerfs that no one asked for or wanted

• ad19970ad19970 Member Posts: 3,989

I am actually quite positive they will not nerf his Rat Liver addon after seeing all the feedback on that, as I do believe their intent was to buff Demogorgon, and didn't realise how important that addon is to some people.

They might not get rid of the nerf before the ptb goes live, but if not, then surely shortly after. That's at least my guess.

I still would rather have them buff other aspects of Demo than making Rat Liver base kit.

• BardonBardon Member Posts: 502

Wow, you're optimistic! On what are you basing your believe that they'll revert this nerf? Past experience doesn't seem to indicate a positive result for us poor used-to-be-Demo-mains.

• ad19970ad19970 Member Posts: 3,989

Hillbilly's overheat mechanic was toned down heavily when people complained that it was way too much in the ptb. Trickster is getting a lot of buffs now after the feedback. Granted it's happening a bit late, but it's still happening.

Twins also got two huge counterplays removed shortly after she released. Pyramid Head was nerfed slightly after the complaints of him lacking counterplay. Oni had his flick nerfed after it was too strong. BHVR might be a bit slow with balance changes, but they do sometimes listen.

To be fair though, I can understand why they nerfed Rat Liver, so perhaps the nerf will stay. If I could choose, I would keep Rat Liver nerfed the way it is in the ptb and instead buff some of his other base kit aspects more to make him actually viable. The problem with Rat Liver is that it allows you to cach up to survivors while faking your ability. Without rat liver, his shred truns into a bit more of mindgame. A survivor can predict that the Demogorgo is only faking his shred and not try to dodge, which would allow the survivor to gain slightly more distance. But the Demogorgon has the potential to predict that and actually use his shred to get a hit against that survivor. Of course a survivor can predict that and try and dodge your shred. But then the Demogorgon has the potential to predict that as well and only fake using shred, allowing him to catch up to the survivor. It's what I believe is a healthy mindgame.

• ClownIsUnderratedClownIsUnderrated Member Posts: 1,031

If the nerf is to stay, then they need to buff his movement speed while charging his shred in his basekit. You can't just nerf something, and not buff something else to compensate.

• ProfeziaProfezia Member Posts: 673

hey, you got jail for being honest about demo reworks too?

Tbh, I couldn't imagine that devs could make something so awful that people would say old demo was better. 101% OtA movement speed really shouldn't be gone.

• ClownIsUnderratedClownIsUnderrated Member Posts: 1,031

No mine wasn't for that, got put behind bars last week.

The nerf to a brown add on is just blasphemy af