Home Dead by Daylight Forums PTB Feedback Archives 4.7.0 PTB Feedback

3k Hour Huntress Mains Opinion on the PTB

TohmoTohmo Member Posts: 247
edited April 2021 in 4.7.0 PTB Feedback

I rarely use the forums so I'm only making this post as feedback for hopefully the devs to see. I've been maining Huntress for about a year and a half and have a pretty large amount of hours sinked into her, and since Huntress got an addon pass I'd like to give my thoughts on it.

First off - the good. The new Coldwind is FANTASTIC. The collision boxes are spot on. Torment Creek is my new favorite Huntress map. It should be a standard in all maps, as a lot of maps have weird and janky collision boxes that will eat hatchets. There's so many cool throws you can do, you can even throw UNDER the window on the tractor with enough precision, albeit it's pretty tough to do.

Now for what I don't like. The addons are painstakingly BORING. Especially the Ultra Rares. You guys played it too safe, even though many prominent Huntress players gave fantastic suggestions for the Ultra Rares. Like what if we went with Scott's idea for Iridescent Head and made hatchets insta-down only from over 24 meters? Or what if you guys did something cool like hitting hatchets from over 24 meters gives you one hatchet back in return with a cost to reload time?

Below me is a Huntress add-on pass I wrote a few months back. Looking back, I'd probably change a few of these- but the ideas are solid. They are SO much more interesting than what we were given.

Flight time addons, though, I'll give you credit for. Those are interesting and I will have a lot of fun with them. For the rest, though, they're just boring and/or ineffective.

Comments

• onemindonemind Member Posts: 3,089

Personally I like all of the changes except the rarity change on deer skin gloves

I would of done irri head differently to survivors in your lullaby range have their aura revealed when holding a fully charged hatchet

• TripleStealTripleSteal Member Posts: 1,298

Tq for the post, I was very concerned about collisions on coldwind, and expected it to be at new autohaven junk tiles' level of unplayability frankly speaking.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,229

Some of these are actually really good ideas, some are overpowered as hell too though.

• Steel_EyedSteel_Eyed Member Posts: 3,509

The really good Huntresses I watched play no add ons. Her basekits untouched.

• TohmoTohmo Member Posts: 247

It's so good, I was so giddy when I started testing with it. The collision boxes are probably the smoothest they've ever done.

• TohmoTohmo Member Posts: 247

Most if not all good Huntresses run addons from time to time. Just because good Huntresses don't run addons doesn't give BHVR an excuse to make boring addons.

• WoodywoolWoodywool Member Posts: 659

Really good add-ons. Mostly of them can be used in every game and have value from using 2 of these add-ons. Some are specific too and it's not bad.

It would be fun to play with Shiny pin & Infantry Bell and using M&A perk for having a small TR and 115% movement speed. Especially on Lery's that is not a good map for Huntress but with this build it could be nice. At least, I would like to try it for sure!

Having an add-on (Amanita Toxin) that allows to see a marker will be good for new players and for those that have troubles with her. Really good thing that need to be in the game for sure.

But with 2 add-ons I have questions and don't think at the moment that are good:

• Deerskin gloves (very rare) : It depends on RNG? Am I right? Mostly of the time, you really want to get "exhausted" effect. Also, the funny thing is that u probably can't know what the debuff survivor gets from this lottery. By the way, some people are complaining that "exhausted" add-on should be removed from the game, because it's too powerful. It can might create such a negativity impressions IMO.
    • Yew seed concoction (uncommon) : I don't think that this add-on can be good tbh. It's so situational unless you're "camping" protecting the area nearby to the basement. Maybe, it can have a good synergy with her teachable: "Territorial Imperative". For this scenario, it can be a useful... Just realized that u can take some hatchets after the moment when someone saved a teammate from the basement and have a good value from this addon lol

But my first impression was like: this add-on rewarding for being campy but now I'm ok with it.

I really wish that we will have something like "community" updates in the future but it has a SMALL (really really small) chance for being true.

And these add-ons better than from actual game and even from PTB for sure!

• Prex91Prex91 Member Posts: 749

I like the concept of the New pink one and the New fast travel Hatchet ones. I would like have also a crossair one, but it Is what it is. The undetactable one seems usless on paper with lullaby.

• MeepLessThan3MeepLessThan3 Member Posts: 70

I think it would be really cool if there was at least one addon to remove the humming lullaby, same as with Freddy tbh.

• Laurie268Laurie268 Member Posts: 387

Having an addon that shows where your hatchet will land would help so many new Huntresses. Nurse has an addon that shows where you will blink so why can’t Huntress have one?