edited October 10 in Survivors

Killers playing a killer that I don't like * DCs *
Killers using addons that I don't like * DCs *
I'm the first one downed * DCs *
I don't like my rank * DCs *
Game starts * DCs *

Comments

• xmenfanaticxmenfanatic Member Posts: 251

This is happening at all levels right now, with both survivor and killer. I am a rank 8 killer and rank 11 survivor and I experience this all the time on both sides sadly

• George_SorosGeorge_Soros Member Posts: 386

Lots of pointless somplaints are going on in these forums, but this one cannot be stressed enough.
    Devs. Please. Punish. DC. More. Harshly. The current consequences for DC-ing are a laugh.

• MegaWaffleMegaWaffle Member Posts: 944

@HP150 said:
    Game starts * DCs *

As @George_Soros said it is due to a lack of punishment on PC and the non-existence of console punishment. If you give people the freedom to simply leave any match for any reason without consequence, well this is the result you get.

• Mister_HoldoutMister_Holdout Member Posts: 331

Very accurate.

• George_SorosGeorge_Soros Member Posts: 386

What's really frustrating is that a lot of thought goes into fixing "problems" that are either nonexistent (like camping/tunneling, Hatch standoffs), or secondary (perks, healing speed, etc), while disconnects are the single most damaging thing that plagues the community (well, the decent majority anyways).

The best suggestion I've seen so far was in this thread by @splatvybz here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/23540/game-timeout-for-disconnecting/p1 . There could be other solutions just as effective. Something has to be done though.

I wonder if the devs are worried this might scare players away. There's a conflict of interest here between us players and the devs I think: some of those pubescent chimpanzees would just go back playing CS:GO and stop buying the new content on their daddy's credit card, if they're hit too hard by timeouts due to DC-ing. I hope it's not the case, but I don't know what else could it be.

• DexyIVDexyIV Member Posts: 121

I also have one that I ran into a few days ago:
    Uses Ultra Rare Moonlight Offering, gets put in The Game * DCs *

I can understand this one a bit more, but it still sucked XD

• TerrortotTerrortot Member Posts: 205
    Survivor has been more of a laidback chore than a game. Once you know how to properly loop and get adequate points, its all mechanical.

With the exception of certain killers, this is the survivor game. I believe more objectives will help the game evolve into better entertainment.
  • DeadByFlashlightDeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,343

@HP150 said:
    Game starts * DCs *

Shit happens when Dcing is actually endorsed by the devs instead of punishing it

• azazerazazer Member Posts: 312

What's really frustrating is that a lot of thought goes into fixing "problems" that are either nonexistent (like camping/tunneling, Hatch standoffs), or secondary (perks, healing speed, etc), while disconnects are the single most damaging thing that plagues the community (well, the decent majority anyways).

The best suggestion I've seen so far was in this thread by @splatvybz here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/23540/game-timeout-for-disconnecting/p1 . There could be other solutions just as effective. Something has to be done though.

I wonder if the devs are worried this might scare players away. There's a conflict of interest here between us players and the devs I think: some of those pubescent chimpanzees would just go back playing CS:GO and stop buying the new content on their daddy's credit card, if they're hit too hard by timeouts due to DC-ing. I hope it's not the case, but I don't know what else could it be.

Forgot who had the original idea, but I liked DCing takes a perk. the player can go right back into a game but minus one of the perks they had. DC as a killer, will now you have to grind for ruin again. DC as a survivor, you'll have to get decisive strike from the blood web again. As examples of course. They will be taken at random
  • iceman2kxiceman2kx Member Posts: 245

Not sure I am getting the same vibe as a rank 1 killer. Seems lower ranks people DC a lot less. The last DCs I remember were rage quits but they would of been dead/losing games anyways for the survivors. Pretty much anything outside of red ranks seem to be consistent DCs though.

• The_CrusaderThe_Crusader Member Posts: 102
    Yeah most of my games now are with 3 survivors. On odd occasions the game loads in with only 3 people, but mostly someone disconnects within the first minute. Often seems to be the DS users.

I'm so bored of it. I feel I've got no choice but to DC too now. It's not fair on me to keep doing 3 vs 1 every game. I didn't buy the game for 3 vs 1. Some nights these make up the majority of my games.

They really need to knock a gen off if someone disconnects within the first minute. Or give a repair speed boost to remaining survivors. Otherwise it sucks knowing with 99% certainty that it's likely going to be a hatch game and only 1 of you gets to live.
  • ChiChi Member Posts: 284

It is a lot easier to DC when you have nothing you are trying to go for.

• Dabrownman1812Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,340
    You know what would be cool, a 100k bloodpoint penalty or it goes to 0 if under 100k for every dc. 
  • pemberleypemberley Member Posts: 66
    Keep in mind dcs can happen unintentionally like bad rain storms and less than stellar connections etc. People shouldn’t be punished for those one offs. 

Dc bonuses should be upped to 5000 bloodpoints for the affected side. 

Chronic dc should result in a notice from the entity being displeased and when a purple or pink is used the entity takes it away. Not only that but their auras are revealed for 13 seconds. Survivors must do an extra gen per survivor under penalty (trap door is unusable for those affected - if there’s one unlucky survivor who got matched with 3 dcs they only need 2 gens done like normal.) Killers under penalty are punished with the entity completing 1.5 generators and the entity showing random kindness by giving borrowed time to a would be dying survivor. 

And chronic dc is met with an immediate 75% reduction in blood points earned until they complete enough games. They are also exempt from offerings and blood hunts that reward extra points. 
  • SinnerSinner Member Posts: 27

What do you expect? With all the nerfs to survivors that have been happening for over a year, game got shit for them so they dc in hopes they will find a better match.

Sinner said:

What do you expect? With all the nerfs to survivors that have been happening for over a year, game got shit for them so they dc in hopes they will find a better match.

Survivors still have the advantage, if I can run the killer with no mither, not using dead hard, then I'm sure others can do the same with a handicap which means survivors who can enter in with a handicap and still get on top against a decked out killer, means survivors can still win. 
  • mcNuggetsmcNuggets Member Posts: 210

The state is, killers don't have a chance and are forced to run Ruin and play Billy or Nurse in order to even stand a chance.

mcNuggets said:

The state is, killers don't have a chance and are forced to run Ruin and play Billy or Nurse in order to even stand a chance.

Depends on platform, the high ranks in many of ps4 games suck
  • jmaximo93jmaximo93 Member Posts: 59

I've only DCed once in my entire time playing this game. That was because there were people working at our house and the power went out. The only excuse to DC is if it's not your fault or your pants are soaking with your diarrhea and you can't hold it in longer. If you purposely do it for any other reason you should have a huge punishment.

• chococrichococri Member Posts: 147
    Killer sneezes *DC*

Nah but seriously this is a real problem. As a survivor is frustating and as a killer, quite annoying. I don't know why they don't punish  them.