Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
Reminder for Forum Users, please do not share codes here. This is something that is expressly against the rules of this forum.

What are some killer / map combinations you've never seen?

Or, in the case of more experienced players (who are mathematically likely to have seen everything by now), least common combinations?

For me:

• Oni in Midwich or Haddonfield.
  • Pyramid Head at the Red Dawg Saloon or Hawkins Lab
  • The Twins pretty much anywhere other than the hospital, Autohaven or the Farm / Estate
  • The Demogorgon in Midwich and Backwater Swamp
  • The Trickster in Midwich
  • The Plague anywhere other than Hawkins, Red Forest, or Coldwind
  • The Trapper in Hawkins
  • The Blight in Midwich or Gideon's
  • Legion in Midwich or Gideon's
  • Leatherface in Midwich, Red Dawg, Gideon's or Hawkins
  • Hillbilly in Midwich
  • Deathslinger in Haddonfield or Backwater Swamp
  • Most killers in Ironworks (hardly ever see it)
  • Most killers in Father Campbell's Chapel (ditto)

Obviously, anyone's chances of seeing all the combinations will be dependent upon not only how much time they've played but also how often they get certain maps and face certain killers. I rarely ever get interior locations (strangely Midwich is much more common for me nowadays than the hospital, Hawkins or Gideon's, the last two of which I almost never see).

What about you? Can you find yourself thinking "you know, I can't remember the last time I ever saw that character on this map"?

Comments

• DistortedDreamDistortedDream Member Posts: 672

The ones I can think of:

• The Clown on The Game.
    • The Hillbilly on Coal Tower.
    • The Nurse on Midwich.
    • Ghostface on Dead Dawg Saloon.
  • MadLordJackMadLordJack Member Posts: 8,815

Plague on Lery's, both as and against. I don't even know where her fountains spawn.

• PukenplagPukenplag Member Posts: 1,231

I don't recall playing with or against leatherface on any other map other than autohaven, asylum or coldwind. And I've been around long before he launched.

Demo->Only saw one when he launched

Billy->Midwich

PH->only saw about 3

Hag->the most recent killer to be launched when I got the game, didn't see more than 15 hags

• APoipleTurtleAPoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,275

Now that you've mentioned it, I don't think I've ever played against Pyramid Head on Hawkins.

...And honestly, I'm kinda glad for it. His power would probably be pretty good on that map.

I guess to a broader extent I haven't seen Hag/Twins/Trickster in a majority of the realms, but that's more because Hag and Twins are niche picks (pretty rare to see) and Trickster hasn't been around for very long.

• miketheratguymiketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719

These are really interesting! I WISH I haven't seen as many Hags as I have. I think I MAY not have seen her on any of the Elm Street maps but I'm not totally sure. Similarly I feel like I have a vague memory of seeing PH on Hawkin's but I can't be 100 percent certain. Definitely saw the Nurse in Midwich, that was actually one of my earlier, more memorable matches. Killed me JUST at the gate after a good, competitive game. Ghostface on Dead Dawg sucked, as he's an annoying killer, the map has plenty of places for a ducking killer to blend in, and it's the one map I don't like.

Seeing The Plague at Hawkins lab WAS really strange. I barely ever see her - that was probably only the fifth or sixth time - and it was about the last place I expected to see her in. Got lots of Leatherfaces, especially recently, and they're pretty much always on the farm-type maps (appropriately enough).

Some of you who have only seen certain killers on rare occasions surprise me. Only one Demo? A few Pyramid Heads? I've seen both at least a couple dozen times in various different maps. I've seen Trickster absolutely everywhere - on every map, multitudes of times. I hate it. That's what I get for having the unfortunate timing of getting this game RIGHT when he launched. There were days when he comprised probably 80 percent of my opponents. I'm way, WAY over him. The good news is that everyone picks The Wraith instead now. The bad news is that everyone picks The Wraith instead now.

• CrazyMageCrazyMage Member Posts: 100

I dont think ive seen oni on haddonfield either.

• C3ToothC3Tooth Member Posts: 4,881

Trapper in Hawkin?

I can tell we never met

• Northener1907Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012

Huntress on Lab

The Nurse I faced on Dead Dawg (yep, only the once) was really good, but I wound up escaping. Knock on wood, I actually have a pretty good escape rate against the Nurse. Not perfect, but she's up there among the least threatening opponents I've faced. This is odd considering everything I hear about her. Same with Freddy - my escape rate with him is lower but I hardly ever see him which is weird given how strong people say he is (or was, but I never saw him much before the update either).

What's the Switch Badham Bug? Killers don't appear? Surely I've gotten that map on the Lite by now (though maybe it's a glitch unique to the Switch? "The Badham Bug Switch Glitch".

I've played against The Huntress in Hawkins lab only twice, I think, and to be fair one of those times was via offering. In fact that was one of my earliest matches, from literally my first week or two of gameplay. It led to one of my favorite little moments of DBD matches so far (don't mind the prattling commentary, I was recording some of these for a friend):

LOL!

Wow, that's an odd glitch. So odd I wonder if it's somehow intentional? Couldn't see why though. I always leave cross-play on so I suppose that would explain why I recall getting the map on the Lite. Did you contact BHVR about this?

• TragicSolitudeTragicSolitude Member Posts: 5,894

I don't think I can remember ever playing against a Plague on Midwich.

There are probably other killers I haven't played against on Midwich, actually, since Midwich is the map I've gotten the least. I can't remember ever seeing Nurse or Blight or The Twins on Midwich...

There are a crapton of maps I haven't seen Trickster on since he's the newest killer. And there are definitely a metric crapton of maps I haven't seen The Twins on because I don't think the number of times I've seen them since their release even reaches double digits.

That detail does make sense, I remember some reviewers being hard on the game because Freddy wasn't included (the Switch version didn't HAVE TO include any of the DLC, but I do see how they'd be miffed being that the game was originally full price). That's got to be where the issue comes from. I'll contact them about it too, it's definitely something that they should know about and likely not something that the average Switch user is aware of. Probably not a load of players bought the game for both it AND the PC.

Based on your post total alone you've been playing this game MUCH longer than I have so this won't mean much, but I too have only seen the Twins roughly 5, maybe six times total. The Plague maybe a couple more, still single digits. Same with Blight. Those are the three killers I see the least, no question. Oni and Freddy would be next. Maybe Deathslinger. Beyond that I see everybody pretty consistently, with Trickster, Wraith, Huntress, and Spirit being the only ones I can count on seeing multiple times per day.

As I mentioned earlier I WISH I saw the Trickster as infrequently as the rest of you have. I swear, maybe it was because I was playing like a madman during that first week when he was released, but there were times when I'd get him five times in a row. That ######### got old fast.

• TragicSolitudeTragicSolitude Member Posts: 5,894

Oh, I get Trickster a ton. Immediately following his release I saw almost exclusively Trickster, I was easily getting him five times in a row. Lately he's still probably at least 50% of my matches when I play survivor.

But in terms of the maps I've seen him on... I know I played against him on Haddonfield, but I think I mostly get corn maps and Autohaven against him.

Oh gotcha, I misunderstood. Unfortunately I definitely get him everywhere. Not one map has escaped his rancid putrescence. I'd say that I get him most on the Farm, the Estate and the Auto Yard, but that's because those are the maps that the game insists on giving me 7 or 8 times out of 10. While several other killers haven't shown up on several other maps, this guy has "graced" all of them. Every single one. I cannot get away. Sometimes I wonder if I don't get maps that I usually never get (The Game, Hawkins), just so I have to deal with him on them. You can probably tell from my tone and choice of words how quickly this enamored me with the character.

• TripleStealTripleSteal Member Posts: 1,298

I'm yet to see a Trickster on Midwich, theoretically he should be the weakest killer on this map.

• IlliterateGenocideIlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 4,156

I've never seen Freddy in Temple of purge/mother's dwelling until today, in Dreamworld that map looks so freaking amazing

• IlliterateGenocideIlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 4,156

Weakest, dosent his whole power rely on open spaces, I think he would be one of the best killer for that???

• TripleStealTripleSteal Member Posts: 1,298
    edited April 2021

Half of the rooms are safe, questionable pallets against 4.6 killers become safe against 4.4 trickster.

It is less relevant than the fact that a group of over-careful shift+W survivors gonna give Trickster an average of 2 hooks per match without even using tiles. Gen pressure on Midwich is already close to impossible for low mobility killers, and trickster (on top of not having any power of the kind) is a sad 4.4.

OoO + Midwich offering + Trickster gotta be the most survivor-sided game scenario possible.

• SammiieK1991SammiieK1991 Member Posts: 686

Can we just take a moment to say how annoying it is for the doctor indoor meat factory (pallet central) 😂😂

Like that Carter shock can still get you yet you're underneath him 😑 it's annoying asf! 🤦‍♀️

• gilgamergilgamer Member Posts: 1,977

Don't think I've ever gone against the twins on Hawkins

• GeneralVGeneralV Member Posts: 7,810

Plague on Lery's is probably the rarest combination, in my experience. If I recall correctly, I have seen it just once, back in 2019. 

• Thr_ustThr_ust Member Posts: 464

It’s gotta go to legion on the grim pantry for me. I’ve only seen it once and it just so happened to be my first ever match as survivor. Where I promptly got clipped into a tree while healing and got trapped and didn’t play the game.

It's interesting to me that just in the few days since posting this I've seen several of the combinations I listed at the top. I didn't realize that I'd never faced Freddy in Midwich before. It was really cool, it felt like playing an actual Elm Street game (the tiny little 100-foot long "schools" in Badhame have nothing on Midwich. In fact nothing about Badham suggests Elm Street. Midwich? Fits Freddy like a glove (no pun intended).

• JawsIsTheNextKillerJawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,142

It's kinda sad I have never played against scratched mirror myers in Lery's.

• RenDesuneRenDesune Member Posts: 246

I dont think I've ever seen a plague anywhere besides red forest and temple