Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
Reminder for Forum Users, please do not share codes here. This is something that is expressly against the rules of this forum.

Lore-wise, which killer do you have the most sympathy for?

Some of the killers have backstories that are more tragic than evil. Which of the killers, if any, do you have sympathy for? If you could choose only one, who would you go back in time to help with a hug and some friendship before things were too late?

For me it would be The Huntress. I find her backstory really sad. She isn't totally innocent like Spirit was, but it's obvious that she lost her mind because of the trauma that she experienced and the desperate (if misguided) attempts to reconcile that with the happy life as a daughter and mother that she was denied.

How about you?

Comments

• GeneralVGeneralV Member Posts: 7,810

Hag (Archives not-included).

• RiskyKaraRiskyKara Member Posts: 669

I'd say Susie, it seems like she was the good girl of the crew who in a tragic act of malice from a charismatic leader was forced to sharing the kill of a random who forever cursed her. It was a tense moment, things got super real incredibly fast and she was told she had to do it. I mean yo if three people said I had to stab a dude or become an unreliable loose end (After they already showed a willingness to murder) I'd stab a dude, that's fear, panic and self preservation.

Instead of being able to walk away, simply tormented by the horrible act they'd done but still try to move on from it or even accept blame down the line she ended up in the fog. Now she has to forever chase survivors and have that one act of adrenaline fueled panic define her as she sacrifices person after person after person who kick struggle beg and scream to be spared while a dark force compels her against her will (Just like the first murder.)

Talk about hell.

• miketheratguymiketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719

Good answers, I considered all of these as well.

• Ryan489xRyan489x Member Posts: 1,435

None of them.

if I had to pick one I'd say spirit she was murdered by her father and thrown out the window.

• glitchboiglitchboi Member Posts: 5,416

Trapper tried to help people that were being abused by his father, but eventually lost his sanity after the torment his father put him through and became the Trapper we all know and love.

I sorta forgot Wraith's lore because of the Archives but he's definitely sympathetic.

Hillbilly was inbred and was treated as an outcast, his parents locked him in a room where he'd do nothing but eat the stuff his parents gave him, eventually killing his parents, feeding his father to pigs alive, and living on his own.

Nurse grew insane after being treated horribly at work, and went on a genocide on her patients.

Huntress had to see her mother die at the age of 7, she grew up with the mind of a 7-year-old and thought what she did for little girls were right. She was also a target of soldiers.

Hag was kidnapped, painfully mutilated and eaten alive.

Bubba wasn't necessarily a bad person, he was just misguided and manipulated by his family, and practically forced to cannibalism. And the Entity manipulating him even more makes it worse.

Spirit was bullied at school and tried to avenge her mother after her father (who was possessed) killed her. While she did kill people (I think?), it was justified because it was self-defense.

Joey and Susie are unarguably the most sympathetic of the Legion, especially after seeing the Archive cutscene featuring them. Seems like they were very hesitant, and were only manipulated by Frank. Julie only looked up to him, but seeing as she sadistically killed that cashier in the Archive cutscene, I don't have sympathy for her at all.

Plague tried to bring hope and help others, but failed to due to the virus that she and her followers contracted unintentionally.

Demogorgon is easy to control and manipulate, it was controlled by the Mind Flayer and is now being controlled by the Entity, as shown by one of its cosmetics. It was only a predator and that's about it, and... I was going to mention something else but I don't want spoilers on here, sorry. All I can say though, can these deities give it a break? Poor Demo.

Oni actually cared about his family, and people called him names which made him angry.

Deathslinger wanted vengeance for his father that died, and chose to kill his bullies. Also, people tried to take credit for his work.

Blight became addicted to serum, but he was only trying to save killers (and survivors?) from the Entity's grasp, only ending up turning them into monsters by complete accident, and eventually the Entity turned him into the Blight we all know and love.

I haven't read Twins' lore yet, never really got attached to it.

IMO the most sympathetic character out of these guys is Bubba, he's just too much of an idiot and doesn't realize what he does is wrong. Plus he was manipulated by his family, and only wanted to protect them.

• ukenickyukenicky Member Posts: 1,351

Spirit 100%

• Dwight_FairfieldDwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 5,854
    edited April 2021

Probably the Hag. An innocent girl who was kept prisoner and slowly eaten for weeks by cannibals, while left to slowly die with rotting flesh and all kinds of other infections.....its just horrendous.

• SlozzySlozzy Member Posts: 4

Nea.

But that aside, for me it's either Hag, Deathslinger, or Plague. Plague is probably my top contender since she didn't do anything wrong.

I like the thought that a lot of you are giving this question. It's been interesting to see that most of the killers are seen as sympathetic, which is cool.

Okay, I laughed, lol. But honestly given that Englund's Freddy has been basically erased from New Line / WB's history in favor of the Dr. Seuss-looking one from the remake I think it's fair to say that WE are the ones who deserve sympathy.

• Marc_go_soloMarc_go_solo Member Posts: 2,847

Philip Ojomo has had some of the worst luck and experiences for me. However, people like Lisa, Caleb, Rin and some others have also had a very rough time of it.

• Kira4EvrKira4Evr Member Posts: 1,889

Spirit, Nurse and Wraith

• MistikusMistikus Member Posts: 1,344

spirit and hag they both become victyms

• Northener1907Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012

Huntress. She lost her mom when she was child. She was alone all time. She grew up wild. Little girls was last part of her humanity. She wanted baby girl, wanted protect them but she lost them because she did not know anything about children. I really felt sad for her when i read her story.

• DistortedDreamDistortedDream Member Posts: 672

Huntress, Nurse, Spirit, and Hag.

• AdelooAdeloo Member Posts: 1,398
    edited April 2021

Wraith could have been my choice but he still revenged-killed his boss.

Hag could have been my choice because she literally got eaten alive but she still massacred the cannibals in revenge, so not her.

Plague could have been my choice, coz she really tried to save people but ended up killing herself and hundreds of people with her.

---

So my choice goes to Spirit. Because she never killed anyone before being taken by the Entity, she just suffered the madness of her father.

Such interesting answers. I almost want to make a "which killer do you have the least amount of sympathy for" thread. :P

The answers would be too easy though. Freddy and Myers are about as evil as it gets, not much competition there.

• SowbugSowbug Member Posts: 111

Wraith 100%.