Home Technical Issues

Weird behavior + crash

MiguelMayersMiguelMayers Member Posts: 8

Hello there,

Ive been occasionally getting a freeze, and then crash (while it is frozen my mouse lags, but when I ctr+alt+del out of the game, it works as normal.) The memory dump says heap corruption. I have an RX 570, and 10900KF, I don't have any issues in other games or other tasks. Is this DBD's fault, or a issue with AMD driver?

Comments

• KhaineGBKhaineGB Member, Mod Posts: 6,423

What does the UE Crash reporter say? Is it a D3D issue?

• MiguelMayersMiguelMayers Member Posts: 8

I don’t get the crash reporter, it just quits shortly after the freeze. I found the heap corruption error code in the memory dump.

Huh, that's odd. The only time i've had that (I mean in basically any game, not just DbD), it was a bad install of some kind. Clear your steam cache (https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=3134-TIAL-4638) and try verifying to see if that helps.

Thanks, I will try. I also find it very odd, because as I said earlier, every other game, including much heavier games, run perfect. I ram memtest for 6 passes, prime95 on the cpu and an hour of superposition on the GPU, so I can’t be a hardware issue. I also reinstalled my drivers. I will update once I cleared the cache.

Yeah, that's why I don't think it's your hardware tbh. I think steam is just messing things up again.

You’re right, but I’ve just read someone’s post and he has the exact same issue as me, as soon as I close the game, the cursor moves very slowly, and after I kill it with task manager, it’s good.