Home Technical Issues

FPS drop, freezing, lag, unplayable game

dilvinrukendilvinruken Member Posts: 2

I'm not a native English speaker, I'm sorry in advance for my mistakes.

So I'm playing DBD for 3 weeks now, I'm pretty new to the system. From the day I downloaded the game, I'm getting FPS drops constantly. Normally I'm getting 60-75 most of the time but in the game, my FPS randomly drops to 20 fps then my game freezes for 5-6 seconds (sometimes longer that I'm thinking the game crashed), fps goes back up and I can see it is coming up from 1-2 fps. (happens regularly during the chase phase and when I look around quickly. Most of the time I'm dying because the game freezes.) At menu's it is going down to 15-20 fps (when I try to change menus, like when I want to go loadout from bloodweb, my fps drops significantly), game freezes for 5 seconds and back. I'm getting fps drops sometimes at CS:GO but it is not that bad (I'm getting 160 fps and then it drops to something about 90 after 5-15 seconds it goes back up, it happens very very rare). So I don't think it is about my computer. I have been looking up possible solutions but none of them helped, unfortunately. Other than these, I'm not getting any drop at any Steam game. I'm going to list the information (and solutions I have done) that may be helpful:

---When I first downloaded it Steam gave me "Disc Reading Error" and "Disc Writing Error". I solved errors by deleting the corrupted files then continue to downloading (many people were recommending this solution for errors). I have 15 something games at my hard disc and except DBD and Rainbow Six Siege, none of them had this problem.

---After I downloaded the game, there was a problem with EasyAnti Cheat. I repaired it and it worked.

---My drivers are up to date. I checked it many times.

---I tried to disable Windows Defender but it didn't make any difference.

---I don't know if it is relevant but I'm playing with cabled internet most of the time.

---I verified the integrity of the game files 2 or 3 times. I found some corrupted files and re-downloaded them but nothing changed. I will give it one more go probably.

---I'm getting unknown error randomly when I'm in queue sometimes.

---When I try to play with my friends, it takes ages to connect (they connect to the game before me even my internet is better). And frequently I'm getting SYNC Error too. (which basically it kicks me out of the lobby.)

---I bought my computer about 6 months ago, it is not an old, bad computer.

-----My Specs----

Laptop: MSI Thin 9SCRS

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9300H CPU @2.40GHz (8 CPU's), ~2.4GHz

Memory: 8192MB RAM

DirectX: DirectX 12

Integrated Graphics Card:

Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630

DAC Type: Internal

Shared Memory: 4016 MB

Display Screen: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Game Graphic Card Specs:

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Ti with Max-Q Design

Dac Type: Integrated RAMDAC

Vram: 3962

Shared memory: 4016 MB

---When I looked up possible solutions, many people recommended looking up to GameUserSettings.ini. So I changed some bits but it didn't work at all. It didn't make any difference. The file is in only read mode. My file:

[/script/engine.gameusersettings]

bUseDesiredScreenHeight=False

[ScalabilityGroups]

sg.ResolutionQuality=100.000000

sg.ViewDistanceQuality=2

sg.AntiAliasingQuality=2

sg.ShadowQuality=0

sg.PostProcessQuality=2

sg.TextureQuality=3

sg.EffectsQuality=3

sg.FoliageQuality=0

sg.ShadingQuality=4

sg.AnimationQuality=4

[/script/deadbydaylight.dbdgameusersettings]

DeviceLoginTokenID=

ScreenScaleForWindowedMode=100

ScalabilityLevel=1

AutoAdjust=False

ScreenResolution=100

FullScreen=True

MenuScaleFactor=100

HudScaleFactor=100

SkillCheckScaleFactor=100

MainVolume=80

MenuMusicVolume=100

UseHeadphones=True

HideTutorial=False

MuteOnFocusLost=True

KillerCameraSensitivity=50

SurvivorCameraSensitivity=50

KillerMouseSensitivity=50

SurvivorMouseSensitivity=50

KillerControllerSensitivity=50

SurvivorControllerSensitivity=50

AimAssist=False

HandSide=1

InteractionButton=1

InvertY=False

Language=en

HighestWeightSeenNews=1089

SharedLoginInformation=(LoginProvider="",AuthToken="")

LastPanelContextId=0

ArchivesAutoPlayVoiceOver=True

HasAcceptedCrossplayPopup=True

HasAcceptedCrossProgressionPopup=True

PartyPrivacyState=friends

ColorBlindMode=0

ColorBlindModeIntensity=0

bUseVSync=False

bUseDynamicResolution=False

ResolutionSizeX=1920

ResolutionSizeY=1080

LastUserConfirmedResolutionSizeX=1920

LastUserConfirmedResolutionSizeY=1080

WindowPosX=-1

WindowPosY=-1

FullscreenMode=1

LastConfirmedFullscreenMode=1

PreferredFullscreenMode=1

Version=5

AudioQualityLevel=0

LastConfirmedAudioQualityLevel=0

FrameRateLimit=144.000000

DesiredScreenWidth=1280

DesiredScreenHeight=720

LastUserConfirmedDesiredScreenWidth=1280

LastUserConfirmedDesiredScreenHeight=720

LastRecommendedScreenWidth=-1.000000

LastRecommendedScreenHeight=-1.000000

LastCPUBenchmarkResult=-1.000000

LastGPUBenchmarkResult=-1.000000

LastGPUBenchmarkMultiplier=1.000000

bUseHDRDisplayOutput=False

HDRDisplayOutputNits=1000

[ShaderPipelineCache.CacheFile]

LastOpened=DeadByDaylight

---My laptop uses NVIDIA and I have an Integrated Graphic Card. From NVIDIA Control Panel I chose my GTX 1650 TI card for DBD(I'm doing it for all of my games when I first download them). From the computer's Control Panel at power settings, I set it to maximum performance for DBD.

---The solutions I have tried, none of them worked. I really really like the game but at this rate, it is just unplayable. I'm really sad. If there is any solution, please don't hesitate to write it down. I think I will try to uninstall and download again at some point (my internet kinda slow so it is my last resort and I don't think it would make any differenec). I really want to solve it without deleting the game. Thanks for your interest in advance.