Home Discussions General Discussions
We're currently investigating an issue impacting rank resets on all platforms. Thank you for your patience and stay tuned for more info!

Camping killer needs fix

Comments

• MarigoriaMarigoria Member Posts: 1,683

I also play solo 99% and in red ranks, and in more than 4k hours, and even with me using kindred, more often than not they still dont do gens.

• justbecausejustbecause Member Posts: 319

Sorry but I play killer for months and I main plague and pig two not most powerful killers and that never happened to me y'all either are low ranks or inexperienced there's no possible way for all gens to be done with two downs never ever happened to me if it does killer is doing something largely wrong

• NozNoz Member Posts: 68

I don't think people generally care that much about emblems.

• Friendly_BlendetteFriendly_Blendette Member Posts: 1,370

exactly it would be cool if survivors had to find a part before they can work on a gen

• BrokenSouIBrokenSouI Member Posts: 1,073

🤔🙄 Camping is just fine when neccesary. And even when it's not. The only thing that would need fixed is insidious camping bubba and maybe twins (crushing victor when someone is hooked. And not being able to send him within 32 m) It's a viable stategy. And no it's not faster and easier to go after survivors sometimes.

• PulsarPulsar Member Posts: 5,914

Idk. Some Solo Q Survivors are like that, but a lot just slam gens.

They can't last 10 seconds in a chase, but they CAN hit skillchecks.

• TsulanTsulan Member Posts: 7,757

Maybe its an area thing. But really, i don´t have any issues as solo. Its not as bad as most people claim. I even played during the desync patch. Instant lobbies and the this issue wasn´t really that bad.

I guess most people exagerate.

Yeap. Camping at the end game is fine. And even if it's from the start of the match. There will be no pressure on the gens and basically 3 get out anyways. The problem with the OPs post and ones similar is...How can you "punish hook camping" and differentiate between toxic camping for the LULZ. And camping when it's needed....You can't . There's PLENTY of situations I get in to where it's needed. And adding in anything to "punish" it would absolutly wreck pivotal points in the game where I get a 4k..Or 2-4 get out. I won't name them all. But I'll name 2

On crotus asylum - They found ruin..Had me down to 1 gen. And I downed someone in the middle of a VERY strong 3 gen..I'd say about 15 m apart in the back near maurice (horsey). I hooked them and what would of been all 4 getting out if I'm punished. Turned in to a 4k because they misplayed the gens they did and got downed at the wrong spot. That was just tactical camping

Another situation - Again they found ruin. And had me down to 1 gen..But I had one out of game..One was on death hook and the other was injured. So at the minimum the healthy person on death hook comes and I exchange a 1 for 1 and get someone out. Or the injured person comes. And they can't save..And even if they do the last gen(they didn't) I have a better shot at end game of at least a 3k. So it made sense to camp the hook again.

You could always share some screenshots of your matches. But i play since 2016. Seen a lot of changes and the gens never flied so fast as now. Even when BNP instantly repaired a gen, those matches were easily avoidable by dodging toolboxes. But now? No toolbox required.

Survivor lobbies are also instant for me during the day (EU). Team mate quality is below average though.

• IWasLeft2DieIWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,004

What else do you want? There are perks to punish camping, killers emblems get punished for camping, killers BP gets punished for camping, and survivors have a lot of time to do gens to punish a camping killer.

That's like...every category it can be punished.

They want it so you cant defend your hook/area at all 🤣. Which is part of being a killer

Lol yeah I know.

I had a game not too long ago where I hooked one survivor and the other three were around the hook (like 10meters honestly). Id hit them as they went close but at the end of the game they all called.me a camper and I wasn't being fair.

Bruh... all of my objectives are right there. Sorry I don't purposefully lose.

One of them eventually understood that it made sense why I defended hook while the other 3 continued to bash me lol

Is facecamping at 5 gens being part of being a killer? Damn I've been playing killer wrong all along

9 out of 10 times, no. Those people are just dicks usually. But I've had situations where it made sense to camp a hook at 5 gens. But again. How do you differentiate between unnecessary and pivotal points in the game that win it for either side ? You can't

Someone who gets face camped at 5 gens doesn´t deserve the escape anyway.

Give me a reason on how you just said it's not just a bs generalization?

So we should be thinking about those 9 times out of 10, which is 90%.

As someone who plays solo and has kindred on all my builds, those 90% do it just to be toxic, not because they need to do it to win. It's not even done to "win/lose", is done to be petty.

• swager21swager21 Member Posts: 1,020

as much as i hate camping i dont see them fixing it. realistically i dont know how they could without adding an abusable feature. there are also situations where you pretty much cant do anything but camp (lets say theres 1 guy on the hook and you know for sure that all of them are at the exit gate and as soon as you leave the person is going to get unhooked). overall, i dont know how they could possibly fix camping without making 50% of the playerbase quit

Gettng face camped at 5 gens means 2 things:

• the camped survivor played bad and went down to fast
    • the other survivors didn´t do gens

Both things are bad.

• fr0sty1223fr0sty1223 Member Posts: 211

Problem is it also punished the survivors that escape since their emblems get [BAD WORD] over because the camping killer refuses to interact with the other players.

I mean somewhat. Survivors should easily get a pip if they do gens while killer camps and they escape

Emblems are trash anyway.

But i wouldn´t care to much about ranks. Since they will only serve to messure how much someone played during a month, once the new mmr drops.

• CluelessWandererCluelessWanderer Member Posts: 183

Where I'm at, I play Solo survivor, never SWF, and camping ruins every single game. Probably 7/10 of my matches (red ranks). And *no one ever just does the gens and leaves*. The Killer is almost always rewarded for being a scumbag.

The problem comes in that unless someone is running Kindred, as Solos, no one knows the first person is being camped until it's too late, especially with stealth Killers. Usually, when someone is being camped they disconnect from the match, or kill themselves on the hook. So the Killer goes to the next survivor and the scenario repeats; disconnect or hook suicide, which means the game falls apart for the last two survivors and the Killer takes away over 20k BPs at least.

I'm really confused at the people saying it's not a problem or just rolling their eyes when other players talk about this. There certainly either isn't enough incentive to stop this practice, or the penalty (in bloodpoint loss) isn't enough. It's a miserable experience for me and I often just give up and stop playing for the day.

I posted these in another thread yesterday, but just a sample of my games at red ranks:

The Myers just stood there camping the basement.

• The Ghostface facecamp-teabagged me through the remaining generators.
    • The Wraith literally just beat me on the hook
    • Bubba- no need to say more
    • Bubba and Nea working together to farm me

I don't d/c when I'm camped and will hang onto the bitter end, but most Solos will try to rescue rather than do gens. I think it's because all Solos know how bloody miserable it is to get no Blood points and endure some small d- basement dwelling teenage neckbeard getting off on making another player miserable. If you know anything about DBD, you know hard-camping from the start (not endgame) is considered a scummy tactic. So these jerks choose it fully aware they're ruining someone else's game. I think these days at Red ranks, Killers who unbashedly camp are just farming bloodpoints from Solo matches because w/o the ability to coordinate, it's like shooting fish in a barrel.

But again, most solo survivors in my experience disconnect or hook suicide if they get hooked/camped first. So the Killer gets more downs/kills for those of us that remain. Everyone but Killer de-pips.

All that will happen eventually, is the Solo survivor pool will drop in numbers, maybe like, looking for an SWF group to make the game playable. So more SWF's will form, and as Killer myself, I dislike facing them so it will be discouraging especially for new Killers trying to learn. Someone else on the forums called- it's a negative feedback loop.

Killers often don't like playing against SWF's

Killers camp/tunnel the crap out of Solos

Solos feel they have to join SWF's to have a chance in a match

SWF population grows

Killers face more SWF's feel discouraged.

No, it shouldn't. The game can't tell when it's neccesary or not. And to do anything to punish. Would completely wreck games where it's the pivotal turning point for either side.

They don’t. I have had games where I got 3 gens done plus a hex totem but since the killer never chased me and we couldnt save or heal anyone since he was camping our emblems got screwed and not only did we not pip up but we actually de piped

Again. No one says it isn't a problem. But how do you tell when it's neccesary or not ? You can't. It would wreck legit games where it's the turning point for either side. I also like how you zoomed in and cut out gens, people alive, and any context of the situation. Other then what you want us to believe.

IMO I would just remove camping and tunneling as a stratagy as a whole and then buff killers after to make up for it