Home Technical Issues

Game crashes whole PC after the first match.

cyphergkggcyphergkgg Member Posts: 5

Hey guys.

So, I used to play a lot of DBD 2-3 years ago, never had any issue with the game itself. Recently I decided to download it again and play with my friends, however, after my first match DBD crashes my whole PC.

I even tried to close the game after the first match and then trying to join a new game, but it keeps crashing my whole PC. I play with my friends, the curios thing is: the killer also crashes/dc from the match (giving my friends a insta win).

I tried to search on the web about this issue, but didn't find much info about it.

Have anyone here faced a similar issue?

Comments

• KhaineGBKhaineGB Member, Mod Posts: 6,423

Is it doing a full shut down or just crashing to desktop?

• cyphergkggcyphergkgg Member Posts: 5

A full shutdown. My screen goes black, I can still talk with my friend through discord for a bit. Only shutting my PC down through the button works.

That COULD be power related. What PSU do you have, how old and what GPU?

My PSU is 750W, about ~5 years old, I also got a RX 580. Only with DBD I'm having issue. I can play Apex, Warzone, WOW, Overwatch, Devour, Second Extinction, GTA V, RDR2 just fine.

It still could be power. Other games working is, sadly, not a good indicator of it NOT being an issue (based on personal experience). But since you have an RX 580, it could also be the AMD issue that plagued the game a while back.

Folks got around that by using the radeon software to lower core/memory speed (by like 50 core/100 mem), but ONLY do that if you 100% know what you're doing.

Oof. I'll try to update my gpu then.

Thanks for the help.

I'd try the speed thing first because getting a GPU is a complete nightmare right now. Don't want you paying out stupid amounts of cash for the issue to persist.

Also if you can borrow a PSU from somewhere for testing, that'd be a good idea.

I fixed the issue, dont know why but compatibility mode was set for windows 8. Turning it off fixed the issue, lol.

Now I can happily enjoy this marvelous game once more.