Home Discussions General Discussions
We're currently investigating an issue impacting rank resets on all platforms. Thank you for your patience and stay tuned for more info!

Lucky Break is another boring 1-time use perk

SluzzySluzzy Member Posts: 1,695
edited May 4 in General Discussions

I was actually looking forward a little to using Lucky Break but not now. A 1-time use perk that depends on the killer to close their eyes to get any value is a hard pass for me and seems very ridiculous. The devs obviously listened to killer mains again and are scared to give survivors any good perks. Tinkerer certainly wasn’t nerfed when it was obvious how busted it is.

All someone has to do is look at all the godly killer perks, with powerful effects, and can be used multiple times without question. Tinkerer is literally unavoidable and is multiple uses and is a free win and with only 2 survivors are left as it causes a stalemate. A perk shouldn’t guarantee wins. It made it to live as is, but Lucky Break is most likely only a 1-time use and it’s a dead perk. Lucky Break shouldn’t have a timer or at least have a long one to give you time to evade and heal. 45 seconds is literally nothing. 

Huntress was proudly left in a busted state while only nerfing her one addon. Freddy can still teleport to the survivor objective with BBQ.  Buffed another licensed killer.

Why wasn’t a licensed survivor buffed?  

Very disappointed in the update and the lack of equality.

Comments

• Mister_xDMister_xD Member Posts: 6,158

havent seen you in a while Sluzzy, how have you been? :D

• legacycoltlegacycolt Member Posts: 79

I mean, I’m not sure if this is a bait post because it’s sluzzy but I agree with it

• Nathan13Nathan13 Member Posts: 634

do you know how insanely OP LB would be if it didn't have a timer???

• SluzzySluzzy Member Posts: 1,695

Victor was a bit OP. Didn't they only increase the timer by a couple of seconds? Yet they buffed the twins in several other ways. Lucky Break timer was nerfed in half. That's a big difference.

• GeneralVGeneralV Member Posts: 1,620

"Freddy can still teleport to the survivor objective with BBQ"

My baby just got nerfed, please give him a break :(

• MoundshroudMoundshroud Member Posts: 3,772
    edited May 4

Imagine that; Sluzzy doesn't think the new Perk is good enough. Fess up Sluzzy, you think the Killers should have to close their eyes after hitting you and stand still and count to ten with hands in their pockets before they can start looking. I looked in both the Survivors Rulebook for Killers and the equally inane Killers Rulebook for Survivors and your picture is in both next to the definition of "entitled."

• WishIcouldmainWishIcouldmain Member Posts: 1,778

Lucky Break I agree should be done at 1:00 since it is already killer dependent. And I thought you'd enjoy the Huntress add-on nerf no more OP Iri Head and Infantry Belt or 1:30 seconds exhaustion. Still want that second Freddy rework. But what about the new Open Handed and Kindred or Bond that's good. And new Object being better for Solo Q and Chase.

• SluzzySluzzy Member Posts: 1,695

Windows of Opportunity shouldn't have a cooldown either if Zanshin Tactics was buffed. But we know which side is catered to.

• HealsBadManHealsBadMan Member Posts: 713

I'll agree with you on that one, the two perks are practically identical. Windows should've gotten the same buff.

• MadLordJackMadLordJack Member Posts: 6,506

I'm so glad the whiny, "I'm-so-weak" survivor mains don't realise how [BAD WORD] strong lucky break is. As it stands, I'm not playing any killers except Plague, and if it enters the rotation as a meta perk I might actually drop killer altogether.

• MoundshroudMoundshroud Member Posts: 3,772

I know, right? During the PTB I said I thought it was strong but shaking up the Meta was probably not a horrible thing. But to listen to these needy, mewling types they want the DAMN WORLD. It is already better than most of the more experienced people wanted. I've said it time and time again, you can NEVER satisfy people who whine and demand things. All that happens is they get taste for it and want more.

• BrokenSouIBrokenSouI Member Posts: 1,081

It hasn't been as bad as you think tbh. . I can see it being a total pain on inside maps though.

• th3th3 Member Posts: 1,043
    edited May 5

I played multiple games today with lucky break and it was trash. The timer ran out extremely quickly and the value obtained from successfully juking the killer was negated by having to run 3 perks the rest of the match. Even then quite a few maps have been coldwind and that was not as difficult but still irritating to use it.

All in all the timer is too short given that it decreases while you are healing ultimately making the perk run out extremely quick even when I successfully lose the killer.

I’d much rather it go back to pre ptb just because of how bad the timer is. It had potential to shake up the survivor meta but ultimate is trash just like 90% of the perks. Shame.

• PredatedPredated Member Posts: 1,151
    edited May 5

I mean, I've played against the original. It's not that strong. Survivors need to rush a heal to get more use out of it. If you end up hooking that survivor, they would need to be unhooked ASAP AND healed up ASAP if they wanted value out of Lucky Break, because being hooked affects the timer.

You can still hear footsteps, you can still hear breathing, if they dont run iron will, you can still hear grunts of pain. If they run Iron Will with it, you can still see their aura's if they decide to heal up, which they need to, because otherwise Lucky Break loses value.

The main counter to Lucky Break+Iron Will was Nurses Calling. Yet the whiny "im-so-weak" killers dont realize they have already existing counter perks.

• BananaBlooD95BananaBlooD95 Member Posts: 446

Most perk only truly shine combined with 1 or 2 other perk, especially on the survivor side and that's fine considering it's 16perks vs 4.

• MadLordJackMadLordJack Member Posts: 6,506

Firstly, you can't hear footsteps or breathing in a chase. Secondly, Iron Will is on nearly every survivor, and so far every survivor with Lucky Break. Thirdly, perks to counter perks are terrible game design and isn't even applicable in this case. Fourthly, Lucky Break, Iron Will and OoO are now my go-to meta perks.

• TotallyNotTheEntityTotallyNotTheEntity Member Posts: 338

Hi Sluzzy!

• DoritoHeadDoritoHead Member Posts: 1,291

Sluzzy's here, now THIS is a party!

• deckyrdeckyr Member Posts: 356

the world's gonna end.

i actually agree with sluzzy. (not the hostility, the point)

i think lucky break should have gone through at 90 and then adjusted down if necessary, instead of just halved before it even went live.

• th3th3 Member Posts: 1,043

Don’t expect people complaining about survivor meta never changing to be taken seriously when perks that have potential to be good get nerfed and end up being niche. Pretty much every survivor perk killers have complained about since Inner strength has turned out to be just niche and lucky break is no different.

• PredatedPredated Member Posts: 1,151

You can hear footsteps, but besides that, as long as you're in a chase, you know the survivor is there.

"Thirdly, perks to counter perks are terrible game design and isn't even applicable in this case."

So, Remove Sloppy Butcher? It counters Botany Knowledge and Self-Care. Or remove Coup? It counters Dead Hard. Remove Blood Echo and Mindbreaker, as they counter exhaustion perks? Remove Thanatophobia and Discordance? As both clearly counter Prove Thyself. Remove any totem related perk as they counter hexes? Remove BT as it counters insidious? There are always perks to counter perks. If a certain perk becomes meta, you either get addons or perks to deal with that meta, or learn the vanilla way to deal with it. So in both cases, you're simply wrong.

Current Lucky Break is weak AF. You get 1 use out of it, 2 if you happen to bring a green medkit and the killer not having any vision on you. If the killer has any vision on you, Lucky Break is useless.

Sure, 90 seconds on 4 survivors might have been a bit much, but normally, the next step from 90 is going down to 80 or 70, not 45.