Home Discussions General Discussions
We're currently investigating an issue impacting rank resets on all platforms. Thank you for your patience and stay tuned for more info!

Lucky Break is another boring 1-time use perk

2»

Comments

• Hektic3000Hektic3000 Member Posts: 354

While I get that at this point you're trolling because you dont have anything better to do, im kinda tired of these low effort posts by you. You complain about these simple perks that killers have, with very simple counters mind you, and that survivors are just so weak in every sense. Lucky Break is still a usable perk, if it lasted for the amount of time it did in the ptb it just gets rid of any reason to use any other perk that hides scratch marks.

• MadLordJackMadLordJack Member Posts: 6,498

You cannot hear footsteps in a chase any more. It's a change they made over a year ago and never even mentioned it except in one loading screen slide of the 4th year anniversary celebration. The only exception is in extreme circumstances such as the concrete floors of The Game, and even then the sound occlusion messes with everything and doesn't provide accurate info.

And please learn the difference between a soft counter and hard counter. It will make your life so much easier.

• BardonBardon Member Posts: 126

Me and the other 10 Demo mains would love to read that! :)

• DemonDaddyDemonDaddy Member Posts: 2,178

It was a good choice limiting the perk, hope we see less unlimited perks so Survivor is more about personal actions over perk activations

• AneurysmAneurysm Member Posts: 2,706

Legion would drain it pretty quickly too. Means having to play legion though.

Draining it isn't the problem, it's tracking. Plague can let you track via sound.

• BananaBlooD95BananaBlooD95 Member Posts: 446

New Lucky Break is good enough to lose a killer for one chase on most map. If you can't it just mean you need to get better. On it's own it's quite decent, with Iron Will it's really strong.

A lot of survivor perk are ok on their own. Combined with other perk they can be good. Dance With Me can be mix with Lithe and/or Quick & Quiet and with that you can completely lose the killer on window with high wall like on plenty of main building, jungle gym etc.

Inner Strength is not niche. Break a totem early game, when you need to get healed you can do so on your own, no need to find an other survivor & take 16s to heal. Heck even on hook rescues. If the killer camp or tunnel, force a trade, get to heal yourself without any other survivor. & other situation.

Seem like you just got used to uber strong survivor perk and can't think out of the box to used some ok-good perk.

• NMCKENMCKE Member Posts: 7,566
    edited May 6

I believe you made a good point with Lucky Break, but the other points aren't so great. I'm just going to focus on Lucky Break since it seems like that's the point of your thread.

Lucky Break isn't weak, I'd say medicre at best. It's upgraded to decent when paired with Iron Will. I believe the problem people had with the perk is that it only required you to be injured just to get a free chase break. I know it's not exactly free, but if you have enough game knowledge and play killer, you will know exactly what to do in order to lose the killer.

The only suggestion I can give to Lucky Break is only make it activate when injured and running. That way, you won't be wasting it while healing or walking away — you can try to preserve the perk.

• WishIcouldmainWishIcouldmain Member Posts: 1,764
    edited May 6

Scott made a good point it might only be one time you get it off. But that one time can deny a hook or slug changing the match like Old DS. And don't think Lucky Break will be hard counterd by Legion or some one shot killers?

I've been using a brown medkit to get it twice, or using it with OoO to massively drag out the first chase. I genuinwly think it's even stronger than Scott thinks. I don't know how it made it through playtesting.

• th3th3 Member Posts: 1,040

I've been testing the changes in a variety of different ways and consistently with lucky break the act of getting away from the killer while pathetically easy, ate up a third of the timer after I healed through inner strength/a really good medkit (green with scissors/botany self care etc). At best I got 1-2 uses out of it. Compared to my normal build which rotates between (Head on, Inner Strength, QnQ, D. Hunch/Small Game) and (We're gonna live forever, Bond, BT, DS) I didn't get the value out of it I wanted. Of course a lot of perks are good on their own but when there's no point running lucky break it just sucks with a 45 seconds timer. Personally I'd much rather lucky break just hide blood while injured permanently, no need to mess with scratch marks since the timer on it originally made it bad with its previous effect only hiding blood.

The perks I used aren't considered "meta" and while I don't want perks reminiscent of the overpowered aspects early in the games lifespan I don't want perks that are trash timed ones since there is literally no reason whatsoever to run a perk like Lucky break when the timer is that short. You wonder why people don't change their builds and why majority of the perks aren't used is because of arbitrary negatives that aren't offset by the usefulness of the perk. Having played with Lucky Break in my rotation since the update its been nothing but a hinderance and essentially made me only run on 3 perks throughout my trials.

Also I think you misunderstood my comparison to Inner strength. Every perk that has the potential since at least Inner strength to be good has been complained about as the "next game breaking" perk or "4 man swf squad abusing this its broken".

Similar complaints about such perks like FTP, Repressed Alliance, Soul Guard, Desperate Measures, Power Struggle (being the new DS), Smash Hit have definitely seen those perks ran all the time given how broken they all are. lol.

You mean Sluzzy, the person so unironically survivor sided that everyone thinks they're a troll but in reality they're a hardcore nurse main that only ever plays solo survivor (according to their stats page and behaviour in trials)

• BloodshadeBloodshade Member Posts: 956

You can use it twice depending on the situation.

Inner Strength + Lucky Break + Quick and Quiet + Iron Will. Cleanse a totem before you get injured, enter a locker to escape and heal.

Wow, that's even more evil than my OoO build that drags out the first chase to insane lengths

• Vyne456Vyne456 Member Posts: 210

Sluzzy is back again! enjoying those baits?

• BloodshadeBloodshade Member Posts: 956

I hit a Trapper with it on Groaning Storehouse. Guy only got too hooks on the entire team since he lost me each time.

I uh...got less lucky with a Ruin + Undying + Stridor Spirit player on Hawkins.

Lol, first time I tried LB/IW/OoO was against a Bubba with Tinkerer. Having Tinkerer and OoO pop at the same time... Wasted my half my LB in an instadown and under-the-hook heal.

• BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 12,552

Just so you know, Huntress had more than 1 Add-on nerfed.