Lag with controller and mouse
- The platform you were playing on - PC
- Your PC hardware, if applicable - Ryzen 5 5600x, GTX 1060, 16 GB RAM
- The menu you were using - In game
- Which map you were playing on - One of the swamp maps, I think it is called grim pantry.
- Which Killer you were playing as/against - Plague
- When the performance drop started happening - When moving with a controller joystick and turning the camera with a mouse (The reason for this is my keyboard emulates a controller to have analog inputs)
- How much of an impact this had on your performance - dropped from a stable fps to sifting between 40-30 constantly
- And any other relevant info
When using a mouse and "controller" combo there is a great deal of lag causing the FPS to drop under 40 while moving and turning the camera.
After reading a line in the most recent patch notes (below), I was hoping I could use my optical keyboard in dead by daylight (emulates a controller for analog movement in games) but unfortunately there is still performance issues when doing this
"Fixed an issue where performance drops could happen when having a gamepad plugged while using a keyboard and mouse."