Home Polls

Would you rather see: A new chapter or a cosmetic/bug/map focused "chapter"

PassarinoTPassarinoT Member Posts: 770

Everybody talks about some sort of operation health, and everyone also shuts down the idea due to the fact that it won't make much money, apparently. So, while I may not know much about game development, the cosmetic/map side of development seems a little separate from the programming side. Especially seeing as how amazing the appearance of the game is, yet how subpar the actual gameplay tends to be.

So, that brings a little idea:

Would you rather see:

• A continuation of how DBD currently releases chapters, just a normal chapter as per usual

OR

• A chapter focused on creating new cosmetics for previous characters (and not just Very Rare tier cosmetics), adding new maps to chapters that lack them, and fixing existing bugs/polishing gameplay

I know this probably isnt how it works, but I think a path like this would be heavily preferred by the players for a a quarter of the year, if it were taken.

Would you rather see: A new chapter or a cosmetic/bug/map focused "chapter" 31 votes

Continue Chapters as per usual
25%
SurpriseSurpriseTaigaDawnMadRattiusxtr4meIlliterateGenocideDistortedDreamFrankCamporrison 8 votes
Replace one chapter with a bugfix, cosmetic, and map oriented update.
74%
TapeKnotMidori_21musstang62PassarinoTNullclinesMadLordJackLumionestybm33UndershotTripleStealBrokenbonescherryblossomBwstedSOMENINJANAMEbowoThr_ustIWasLeft2DiefogdonkeyPantlessMyersryseterion 23 votes

Comments

• TripleStealTripleSteal Member Posts: 850

New maps are by far the most desired element for me, I'd be happy to see a couple of chapters with literally nothing but maps.

• EmealEmeal Member Posts: 493

We see these kind of posts here so often. There are so many problems with them.

1. These questions are making assumptions about how the workflow of BHVR is setup, which isnt likely true.
    2. Its assuming people who work on new content can just switch over.
    3. The inherit vagueness of everything suggested in the post is tantamount to saying nothing. "Just polish the Gameplay, bro"
    4. Its well known Chapters are worked on up to a year in advance.
    5. The biggest Quality of Life Mid chapter just landed last night.

What more do you want?

I wish there to be an end to these "Just skip a Chapter, bro" posts

• PassarinoTPassarinoT Member Posts: 770
    edited May 6

I didn't assume anything, it was a vague idea and I made that clear. I know that I'm unaware of how game development works, and I disclaimed that. Read next time please. And in real workplaces, of most if not all kinds, your skills should be moderately transferrable, if not, you're a subpar asset to a company.

• SurpriseSurpriseSurpriseSurprise Member Posts: 2,174

They've been overhauling maps?

But new maps do breathe a fresh set of air into my lungs. Even if they are visual overhauls.

• PassarinoTPassarinoT Member Posts: 770
    edited May 6

Yes, this is true. I just really miss the feeling of complete unfamiliarity, like new layout and all. Still, the overhauls are very nice and very needed.

I would just say new maps such as to catch up on chapters like Ghostface, Descend Beyond, Binding of Kin, etc.

• IlliterateGenocideIlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 281

yeah would like to see new maps for, chapters, and give some chapter that have 1 map more variatons, subrealms

• SOMENINJANAMESOMENINJANAME Member Posts: 168

I came here expecting to vote for more chapters because I want more characters. However, I really would prefer GHOSTFACE get Stu's house as a map and Sydney as a Survivor. I just feel like they should be doing both. Not saying it's easy, but work isn't supposed to be easy.

• DawnMadDawnMad Member Posts: 772

If we don't get the only thing that breaks this games monotone gameplay, a chapter with a new killer and a survivor, we would lose a big part of the player base. The developers are supposed to balance game improvements and new features, they can't just give up on one to work on the other.

• MadLordJackMadLordJack Member Posts: 6,327

This has been floated around for years and the Devs have said it will never happen, but that doesn't mean I don't think it's needed.