Home Discussions General Discussions

Object of Obsession could use a buff.

TauNkosiTauNkosi Member Posts: 249

I know, it just got nerfed but here me out. I actually really like the new OoO. It's basically Alert but better (If you're the obsession that is) and it gives you a small boost to healing, unhooking, and repairing. The thing is, I think that boost should apply to all actions. Vaulting, unlocking, cleansing, you name it. This wouldn't make it overpowered by any means seeing how it only applies for three seconds every thirty seconds but it might just save your life during crutch moments.

I also believe we should boost the 2/4/6 percentage increase to 3/6/9 for the same reasons stated above. The current boost in speed is barely noticable when it procs and this would make it slightly better. What do y'all think?

What I'm doing right now is running, OoO, Spine Chill, and Resilience in order to get those small periodic percentage increases. Extremely gimmicky but I'm having a lot of fun with it.

Comments

• LaluziLaluzi Member Posts: 332

Hm. I wouldn't mind seeing the boost be applied to everything - it's too unreliable to make a difference in nearly every scenario except vaulting or unhooking when the killer has wallhacks - but I think the numbers are fine as is. It's like Spine Chill - the purpose of the perk isn't to make you faster, it's to give you a read on the killer. The panic speed is just a garnish. It definitely doesn't need it.

Somebody recently figured out that if you proc Mettle of Man while running Object of Obsession and get healed, you have full aura read on the killer until you're next downed - and solid 6% speed on repairs, unhooks, and heals. MoM is crazy hard to proc and then keep that read, but the point is that new OoO is open for abuse with other perks' mechanics, current and future, and balancing based on 'it's once every thirty seconds' doesn't always pan out.

• lagostalagosta Member Posts: 1,264

The only change I would make to OoO is to modify the periodic aura reveal.

"Whenever you're the obsession and you look at the killer's direction, your aura is revealed to them. This effect lasts for 3 seconds and has a 30 seconds CD."

• HollowsGriefHollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,181

I for one love the fact that survivors no longer have control over when you can see them with this perk. The entire perk was always meant to be a "he sees me but I see him" thing but with how it worked before you only saw the survivor when they let you and they only let you see when you couldn't get to them. Object changes were fantastic I don't think I would change a single thing about the perk. +rep bhvr great changes.