Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Best Build for Blight (Help!)

So... in an attempt to find the best builds for every killer, this time im looking for the most opressive and successful build for The Blight.

My current build is: Ruin, NOED, Undying and BBQ, but when i play him i dont feel as if i were using the Best in Slot perks like i do with Hag, Pig, Spirit and so on...

I feel like something is missing but i cant figure it out by myself, thats why im seeking your help here, as a group and a community im sure we will be able to find it and spread this info. so more of us can have fun with this killer.

Please, restrict the suggestions to Perks Only, no addons and no offerings on a Rank 1 (TOXIC) environment, feel free to also leave your strategies, tips and tricks for him.

Comments

• SilentPillSilentPill Member Posts: 1,302

I hate totems, on all killers. Some games they automatically win you the game, others they are gone in 10 seconds. Since the undying nerf I refuse to gamble more than 1 slot on them without a totem sided map offering.

Thus, my favorite build is:

Discordance, pop, tinkerer, infectious fright

• BrokenSouIBrokenSouI Member Posts: 6,606
    edited May 2021

Not sure the discordance love..It can either work or not go off once. There's a few good builds for blight

The build I like most and use

Ruin, BBQ, Survillence, Thanatophobia

But there's others

BBQ, infectious fright, ruin, undying

BBQ, Infectious fright, ruin, tinkerer

BBQ, Infectious Fright, ruin, pop(better then you think. Ruin is early game..Pop saves you late game)

Bbq,Corrupt Intervention, Pop, Infectious

Infectious, Corrupt Intervention, Pop, Tinkerer

Use your Left and Right turning keys to help blight with turning..Get a feel for his rush and survivors..If they keep dodging your rush left. Start to turn left before your swing..Learn when to use his power and when to just chase as a normal 4.6..And DON'T insta rush unless you already have your trajectory..But after you bounce off something..Take a quick second to look around and line up your next rush before you hit the button to start your next rush. 

My strategy for my ruin builds is this..Start the match and find the first survivor..If they're alone I take my first hit and let them go and find the other survivors because if they were along..Multiple are probably on another gen. I go find them and chase them off and get my hit and take my first chase. Hopefully I find the gen that's at like 50 % at that point. If I can regress the equivalent of a full gen or 2 before ruin blows up. I got my value...This is also where survillence comes in. They don't want to lose progress. So typically if I find multiple...One tries to sneak back while they think I'm taking a chase..I see it glow yellow and come rushing back and all of a sudden I have 3 injured..And am ready to take my first chase. All within about a minute in to the game.

But basically all ruin games are that...Start your match and try to start your snowball and keep them off gens to get as much regression as possible.

You seem newer with those perks..But the infectious fright builds are more agressive..It's basically you slug..And if you see someone scream..You slug and go after them. The point of this build is to keep people off gens by being agressive and slugging and making them pick up while you're in another chase. So at max you have one person on gens.

• bjorksnasbjorksnas Member Posts: 4,329
    edited May 2021

My build I have used since like day 3 with live blight has been ruin undying tinkerer bbq

I think tinkerer has more synergy potential in your build than noed to be oppressive

it works as another source of information and since blight is fast he can almost always capitalize on it making gens a nightmare for survivors to not be interrupted on while ruin gets to work

However this is pretty common knowledge so I will add my own fun / memey blight build

Huntress lullaby, Ruin, Tinkerer, BBQ, Soul chemical, Shredded notes

Soul chemical triggers a skillcheck that is punished more by lullaby

Shredded notes give you less downtime in your power so you can be rushing to gens to proc soul chemical more often

Tinkerer shows you a gen to run to to try and trigger a skillcheck for a sweet 14% gen progress on a single missed skillcheck

Ruin helps regress gen progress after you force them off the gen either if they do or don't hit the skillcheck but really twists the blade if they miss a skillcheck then have ruin keep regressing the gen

And finally bbq, because bloodpoints and information help round out the kit to keep momentum rolling while gens are uncontested

• ZaynZayn Member Posts: 365

Infectious and BBQ. That's all as a Crossplay off Blight main.

• glitchboiglitchboi Member Posts: 5,416
    edited May 2021

Blight main here!

PERKS

Once you get more experienced w/ Blight, you won't need NOED anymore.

Although this isn't the best build for Blight, it is my favorite one.

BBQ, PGTW, Oppression, and Shadowborn.

Blight is an incredible killer for bloodpoint farming, as you get TONS of bloodpoints from those lethal rush hits. But we don't care about that.

BBQ is pretty efficient for info, and is a lot better than Thrilling for Blight. PGTW for quick regression w/ mobility. Oppression for more regression, and Shadowborn for the extra vision.

If you don't feel like getting used to Shadowborn on Blight, you can switch Shadowborn with something else. (Although Shadowborn has helped me so much, I think it's worth it.) Although Tinkerer is an option, we are already running a tracking perk, but it's not a bad option even w/ BBQ. You can also try Devour Hope.

STRATEGIES

• The Blight is a very unpredictable killer. Use this to your advantage!
    • If you're patient with him, you can conserve your charges and get the most value out of them!
    • Turning your mouse the direction you want to swing at then swinging at the survivor is called a flick. We aren't talkin' high DPI stuff, just a normal flick, no J-flick involved. This will be very useful for hitting survivors in various tiles. You'll master it eventually, it takes practice.
    • You can dodge a Dead Hard using these steps: Lethal rush towards a survivor while your weapon is out, swing once you're close to them. If they go to a different direction, bump into a wall and then swing after they use DH.
    • Don't be afraid to use your power in T-walls! Here's an MS Paint-crafted example of how you could use his power in these loops:
    Bump onto the wall at the top right, then go to the survivor! If they attempt to vault the window, you should have time to hit them.
    • You can also use your power at shack!

Post edited by glitchboi on
  • onemindonemind Member Posts: 3,089
    edited May 2021

If you want perks to win ruin pop tinker bbq

( have to be consistent with your power)

For fun bbq make your choice devour undying

( don't hit the myc with power)

• th3th3 Member Posts: 1,711

Basic build which is meta for blight is ruin undying tinkerer bbq. Basically hands you wins against uncoordinated teams.

• DatFastBoiDatFastBoi Member Posts: 451

Try out Pop/Corrupt, BBQ and Infectious Fright. You always get value out of corrupt and pop, infectious if you want to build up some pressure and BBQ as it’s easily the best perk for him due to his massive map pressure. A good tip for the start is to immediately start rushing to your corrupted generators once the game starts, because the survivors spawn there most of the time, allowing you to get 2/3 hooks while corrupt is active. I’d recommend you check out Ascension on youtube, as he made me become the happy and chill blight main i am today. Good luck out there !

• DbD_EnjoyerDbD_Enjoyer Member Posts: 457

I dint know about left and right turning keys, thx for that!

Never have i tried Shadowborn with him, it sounds good and i'll test it on my next matches :)

What do you think about Save he Best for Last on him?

• glitchboiglitchboi Member Posts: 5,416

I've never tried STBFL on him but it doesn't seem like a good idea considering you'll be lethal rushing most of the time, making it a wasted perk slot. Who knows tho

• DbD_EnjoyerDbD_Enjoyer Member Posts: 457

I mean, sometimes u can force a M1 like Demo does, and then lethal rush on the Obsession to keep the stacks, or also first hit with M1 (having 8 stacks) and almost instantly going for a lethal rush.

Its way better then you think it would be in him. You can hit and basically insta rush them down and end a chase in 4 seconds. And his rush let's you keep your stacks. I find myself in plenty of situations where it's smarter to be a 4.6 killer at some loops and tight spots. So not hard to get 8 stacks..Now blight can get 6 second downs in the right situations...Is it worth it to go from 6 second downs to 4..? Maybe not. But its actually not bad on him

• TripleStealTripleSteal Member Posts: 1,298

The most "basic" blight's build revoles around ruin/undying/tinkerer, with 4th perk usually being bbq or IF.

• BrokenbonesBrokenbones Member Posts: 3,813

No problem..You're going to find it makes all the difference on him if you're turning him with left and right as well as your mouse. Compared to just using your mouse to try and turn..You said no add on recommendations. But you'll feel so good using him with double turning add ons...And for the love of god don't use shadowborn 🤣. I don't call myself a blight "main" but I use him more then enough. It's just a waste of a perk slot on him.

Shadowborn is good on nurse because her fatigue is punishing and it's so hard to see. Blight stabs himself with a needle and looks up in like 2 seconds. Missing or hitting his rush is WAY less punishing then nurse. And you shouldn't be losing people during that time as blight. As you would with nurse

• Luciferr_2ndLuciferr_2nd Member Posts: 909
    edited May 2021

I would put tinkerer over Noed then thats a great build.

• ALostPuppyALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    edited May 2021

Swap out NOED with tinkerer and you now have the best Blight build. NOED is a terrible perk, ESPECIALLY on a killer like Blight where you'll be getting a lot of your hits with your power, which doesn't count as a basic attack.

Or if you wanted to do something that's actually fun on Blight, I run BBQ, Endfury and Agitation. You could swap agi for a game delay perk like pop if you're not comfortable running no slowdowns on him, but when you do I recommend going for a fun 4th perk because Blight doesn't need slowdown.

• RoboMojoRoboMojo Member Posts: 1,322

You seem to be missing Shadowborn in your build. That is quite the mistake. I would recommend you rectify it soon.

• ALostPuppyALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

As much as I've ranted about how the base FOV for this game is abysmal, and BHVR are insane for thinking a game mechanic like FOV should still be tied to a perk slot and not in the options menu in the year 2021...I still refuse to give in to the drug. I will NOT be persuaded!

• RoboMojoRoboMojo Member Posts: 1,322

Come on... Give in to your desire for a reasonable FOV. Think about the feeling of speed too. You know you want to. It is waiting for you. All you need to do is to give it a go. It is your destiny.

• Wiggles_DigglesWiggles_Diggles Member Posts: 146

I have two different builds for Bo8ght.

First is my "tryhard" build: Pop Ruin BBQ and Discordance.

Brute force build: Spirit Fury Enduring DH and Undying.