We are terribly sorry to those who have been affected by these attacks- we understand the impact this has on you. We are taking every appropriate measure to ensure the safety of our players.
We encourage our players to report to us any cases of DDoS, as well as any other form of inappropriate or abusive behaviour in the game. In the meantime, we encourage you to stay safe and follow best practices for online safety.
Information about the zombies that spawn in with Nemesis
*The information below might not be entirely accurate and is based off of my observations from watching Otzdarva. Additional information is based off of comments below/newer discoveries*.
Zombies are interesting. They:
- Give info of whereabouts of survivors, even when they're not chasing anyone.
- Can contaminate/injure/down survivors.
- From what I've seen are very good at pestering survivors at gens. Survivors have to waste time leading them away.
- So continuing from the point above, they can pressure gens whilst the killer is chasing another survivor. They can also pressure survivors that want to heal, this is especially notable when trying to heal a slugged survivor.
- I have seen them help killers at loops, like at drop pallets. They wait at one side, the killer runs around the other. Survivor will get hit/contaminated. So they can help end chases at loops.
- They can camp hooks for you.
- Survivor wiggling off? Drop them near a zombie to down them again.
- They can be stunned for a short time with flashlights (10 seconds ish?)
- I believe 2 zombies spawn by default.
- They can body block survivors and the killer.
- Zombies can be killed by Nemesis or from being stunned via a survivor. When killed by Nemesis' tentacle, the killer gains some power.
- Zombies respawn a certain amount of times.
- Zombies seem to respawn from under hooks.
- Zombies seem to follow scratchmarks.
If anyone has more information or corrections, comment them below! Such as, are they loud? Do they get stuck easily behind e.g. trees? What happens if you go in a locker when being chased by a Zombie? Can they be baited by the pebble?! Do they detect survivors via line of sight or simply from a certain distance? Can you crouch past zombies without alerting them? I'll update the list if any more interesting information about them are commented.
Zombies are a very interesting mechanic and as described above, effect the game in more ways than you might originally think.