Home Feedback Feedback and Suggestions
The 4.3.1 Bugfix Patch drops today. For release times and patch notes, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/201738

Ready in lobby

I play on xbox so idk if its the same on PC but I really hate when i get into a lobby and you have to keep waiting for that one person to ready up. And at times they will wait till the 6 second mark then leave, the devs should change the fact that as soon as you are in a lobby you are automatically ready. So that will make survivors and killers have no choice but to prepare for the worse, unless they wanna dc.

Comments

  • MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,205

    Are you talking about killers or survivors leaving before 5 sec mark?
    A killer leaves before the 5 sec mark because he doesnt want to be quickswitched

    If you are immediately readied up by the system, how can you organize with your team as survivor or prepare your build against that specific team as killer?

  • mdg2018mdg2018 Member Posts: 133

    @only1biggs said:
    Dude, it's like, 40 seconds. If someone isn't ready, why would they select "ready"? This is the opposite of them being ready.

    People leaving at 6 seconds is even rarer than people quick swapping at 6 seconds, so why would this even be considered a problem?

    You're also forgetting that people like to check pings to decide if the lobby is playable, a feature they added not long ago which was wanted by nearly the entire player base for a long time. Your suggestion would mean they revert this change and implement whatever nonsense you just suggested.

    I'm just going to say it...your suggestion is stupid.

    Well we all have our own opinions, Just like i think your comment is stupid

  • mdg2018mdg2018 Member Posts: 133

    @Master said:
    Are you talking about killers or survivors leaving before 5 sec mark?
    A killer leaves before the 5 sec mark because he doesnt want to be quickswitched

    If you are immediately readied up by the system, how can you organize with your team as survivor or prepare your build against that specific team as killer?

    Thats why you should assume the worse, as killer and survivor.

  • Wolf74Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

    This should never apply for killer.
    Killer are meant to be able to change their loadout depending on what they see stalking their prey at the campfire.
    Why should a killer bring FD when no survivor brings any items?

  • mdg2018mdg2018 Member Posts: 133

    @Wolf74 said:
    This should never apply for killer.
    Killer are meant to be able to change their loadout depending on what they see stalking their prey at the campfire.
    Why should a killer bring FD when no survivor brings any items?

    To me thats to bad then. You should bring what you think will be necessary even if its not, You cant prepare for everything. Like you can bring FD but what if you dont even hit anyone ( ive seen it happen before)

  • weirdkid5weirdkid5 Member Posts: 1,999

    @mdg2018 said:

    @Wolf74 said:
    This should never apply for killer.
    Killer are meant to be able to change their loadout depending on what they see stalking their prey at the campfire.
    Why should a killer bring FD when no survivor brings any items?

    To me thats to bad then. You should bring what you think will be necessary even if its not, You cant prepare for everything. Like you can bring FD but what if you dont even hit anyone ( ive seen it happen before)

    In that case no perks would help you because you're just a terrible Killer if you never land a single hit.

  • only1biggsonly1biggs Member Posts: 1,178

    @mdg2018 said:

    @only1biggs said:
    Dude, it's like, 40 seconds. If someone isn't ready, why would they select "ready"? This is the opposite of them being ready.

    People leaving at 6 seconds is even rarer than people quick swapping at 6 seconds, so why would this even be considered a problem?

    You're also forgetting that people like to check pings to decide if the lobby is playable, a feature they added not long ago which was wanted by nearly the entire player base for a long time. Your suggestion would mean they revert this change and implement whatever nonsense you just suggested.

    I'm just going to say it...your suggestion is stupid.

    Well we all have our own opinions, Just like i think your comment is stupid

    Your idea is objectively terrible and if you think my comment is stupid then you shouldn't leave your nonsense thoughts here. Try public toilets... I'm sure you'll get some crazy people agree with you and possibly, some fun times.

  • VisionmakerVisionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    Lobby dodging is bad but the game needs time for players to get ready.
  • weirdkid5weirdkid5 Member Posts: 1,999

    What the game needs to do is lock in Survivors and force them to ready up at the 30 second mark and disallow leaving and are forced to use whatever they currently have selected AT the 30 second mark. If you disconnect as a Survivor after the 30 second mark, you get hit with a 2 hour penalty. The Killer is continued to be allowed to pick his gear after 30 seconds, but also cannot leave the match anymore. This way both dodging and last second switches would be addressed. Knock out two birds with one stone.

  • mdg2018mdg2018 Member Posts: 133

    @only1biggs said:

    @mdg2018 said:

    @only1biggs said:
    Dude, it's like, 40 seconds. If someone isn't ready, why would they select "ready"? This is the opposite of them being ready.

    People leaving at 6 seconds is even rarer than people quick swapping at 6 seconds, so why would this even be considered a problem?

    You're also forgetting that people like to check pings to decide if the lobby is playable, a feature they added not long ago which was wanted by nearly the entire player base for a long time. Your suggestion would mean they revert this change and implement whatever nonsense you just suggested.

    I'm just going to say it...your suggestion is stupid.

    Well we all have our own opinions, Just like i think your comment is stupid

    Your idea is objectively terrible and if you think my comment is stupid then you shouldn't leave your nonsense thoughts here. Try public toilets... I'm sure you'll get some crazy people agree with you and possibly, some fun times.

    if you think my suggestion is terrible... ok.....its not like your anyone who could actually do something about it, you could have easily not said anything and kept your opinion to yourself,

  • mdg2018mdg2018 Member Posts: 133

    @Visionmaker said:
    Lobby dodging is bad but the game needs time for players to get ready.

    see this is a respectful response.... thank you...@only1biggs take notes

  • mdg2018mdg2018 Member Posts: 133

    @weirdkid5 said:
    What the game needs to do is lock in Survivors and force them to ready up at the 30 second mark and disallow leaving and are forced to use whatever they currently have selected AT the 30 second mark. If you disconnect as a Survivor after the 30 second mark, you get hit with a 2 hour penalty. The Killer is continued to be allowed to pick his gear after 30 seconds, but also cannot leave the match anymore. This way both dodging and last second switches would be addressed. Knock out two birds with one stone.

    see that's a valid response and a better idea then mine

  • VisionmakerVisionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    edited June 2018
    weirdkid5 said:

    What the game needs to do is lock in Survivors and force them to ready up at the 30 second mark and disallow leaving and are forced to use whatever they currently have selected AT the 30 second mark. If you disconnect as a Survivor after the 30 second mark, you get hit with a 2 hour penalty. The Killer is continued to be allowed to pick his gear after 30 seconds, but also cannot leave the match anymore. This way both dodging and last second switches would be addressed. Knock out two birds with one stone.

    30 seconds is too low for randoms IMO.

    And 2 hour penalty is excessive. Survivor dodging (?) isn't really that much of a problem.
  • only1biggsonly1biggs Member Posts: 1,178
    edited June 2018

    @mdg2018 said:
    if you think my suggestion is terrible... ok.....its not like you're anyone who could actually do something about it, you could have easily not said anything and kept your opinion to yourself,

    It IS terrible...

    What do you mean "do something about it"?

    Why would I not express my opinion? This is a public forum. I could say the same thing of your "idea" :'D

    Yikes

    *edit - I fixed your quote for you, pal ;)

  • only1biggsonly1biggs Member Posts: 1,178

    @mdg2018 said:

    @Visionmaker said:
    Lobby dodging is bad but the game needs time for players to get ready.

    see this is a respectful response.... thank you...@only1biggs take notes

    I couldn't have been more respectful in my first reply to you... I covered the reasons why your idea was bad, then stated that it was indeed a stupid idea. I didn't call you stupid though if that's what you thought?

  • only1biggsonly1biggs Member Posts: 1,178
    edited June 2018

    @weirdkid5 said:
    What the game needs to do is lock in Survivors and force them to ready up at the 30 second mark and disallow leaving and are forced to use whatever they currently have selected AT the 30 second mark. If you disconnect as a Survivor after the 30 second mark, you get hit with a 2 hour penalty. The Killer is continued to be allowed to pick his gear after 30 seconds, but also cannot leave the match anymore. This way both dodging and last second switches would be addressed. Knock out two birds with one stone.

    I'm inclined to think this is bait :'D Or some of it anyway

    Thinking

  • Wolf74Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

    @mdg2018 said:

    @only1biggs said:

    @mdg2018 said:

    @only1biggs said:
    Dude, it's like, 40 seconds. If someone isn't ready, why would they select "ready"? This is the opposite of them being ready.

    People leaving at 6 seconds is even rarer than people quick swapping at 6 seconds, so why would this even be considered a problem?

    You're also forgetting that people like to check pings to decide if the lobby is playable, a feature they added not long ago which was wanted by nearly the entire player base for a long time. Your suggestion would mean they revert this change and implement whatever nonsense you just suggested.

    I'm just going to say it...your suggestion is stupid.

    Well we all have our own opinions, Just like i think your comment is stupid

    Your idea is objectively terrible and if you think my comment is stupid then you shouldn't leave your nonsense thoughts here. Try public toilets... I'm sure you'll get some crazy people agree with you and possibly, some fun times.

    if you think my suggestion is terrible... ok.....its not like your anyone who could actually do something about it, you could have easily not said anything and kept your opinion to yourself,

    So you make a suggestion and expect every critic to just stfu??
    Only agreeing comments allowed?
    Anyone else should leave?
    That's a really smart way of debating… not.

  • weirdkid5weirdkid5 Member Posts: 1,999

    @Visionmaker then make the timer 1:30 and give the Survivors a full minute to choose.

    @only1biggs I dont ppst bait lmao I'm 100% serious unless I'm obviously being sarcastic or say otherwise.

  • VisionmakerVisionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    weirdkid5 said:

    @Visionmaker then make the timer 1:30 and give the Survivors a full minute to choose.

    @only1biggs I dont ppst bait lmao I'm 100% serious unless I'm obviously being sarcastic or say otherwise.


    Id be down with that, assuming the leaving-lock happens at 30s. No leaving after 30s pass, but swapping would be okay in the rest of the period.
  • mdg2018mdg2018 Member Posts: 133

    ok

  • kitschfrieskitschfries Member Posts: 1

    What about if survivors items and characters/ outfits were locked in before they loaded into a lobby, But the killer could change his loadout according to his prey. There would be many benefits.

    1. Survivors couldn't quickswap on a killer ( ugh when it's a 4 man swf group that change into those dang bloody claudettes x.x )
    2. Survivors could still backout of a lobby if the ping rate is too high
    3. Killers could prepare according to what they see the other survivors have
  • MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,205

    @weirdkid5 said:
    What the game needs to do is lock in Survivors and force them to ready up at the 30 second mark and disallow leaving and are forced to use whatever they currently have selected AT the 30 second mark. If you disconnect as a Survivor after the 30 second mark, you get hit with a 2 hour penalty. The Killer is continued to be allowed to pick his gear after 30 seconds, but also cannot leave the match anymore. This way both dodging and last second switches would be addressed. Knock out two birds with one stone.

    So heavy punishment for lobby doding, but no punishment for DCing ingame? Well just DC ingame instead of dodging the lobby then? :wink:

Sign In or Register to comment.