Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
Reminder for Forum Users, please do not share codes here. This is something that is expressly against the rules of this forum.

So we all agree a binding of kin was the worst chapter released?

I know it’s in the past but lord it was memorable in a bad way. Nobody played twins on release because they was a buggy mess and badly designed. All of the perks were bugged and so was the game itself. Let me appreciate this update a bit more LOL. The only good thing that came was lovely elodie.

Comments

• 4eyed4eyed Member Posts: 51

Lack of a new map and bugs sucked but it was pretty cool overall. I love everything about twins and elodie is pretty cool. I like how Elodie is fashionable and driven while Charlotte is comically poor and just lives for the sake of it after losing victor

• justbecausejustbecause Member Posts: 1,521

Agree by content wise but resident evil is definitely worst so far with all this bugs and crashes lags freezes etc but as matter of killer yes twins worst so far I like Elodie tho

• GreyBigfootGreyBigfoot Member Posts: 713

As hard as that chapter flopped, Elodie is a shining gem. Both in aesthetic, and the very fun perks.

Deception, Appraisal, and Power Struggle all have fun builds that can be made around them, and I just like them all.

• TheClownIsKingTheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

I’ve changed my tune. I hated the chapter upon release. Now I love Twins. They’re very well designed.

• Dream_WhisperDream_Whisper Member Posts: 236

For me, Resident Evil Chapter on launch is worse license chapters (Amazing franchise shot up by devs)

Thr Binding of Kin is the worse bug fest Original killer chapters ever released, with a broken killer that is incomplete and very weak; couldn't used Victor all the time, especially against Survivor looping a boulder or huge tree or hiding in a locker in front of your face! I love the concept; but devs keeps throwing in incomplete killers, with bug filled mess; that reminds me of Fallout 76's launch! They broke alot of animations, change the Hud to look like a Mobile Game device (Nobody love that)

I miss the good old days when chapters used to be complete working and Amazing killer chapter; the last one was Silent Hill; then everything went down the drain slowly!

• glitchboiglitchboi Member Posts: 5,416

I dunno why people went from absolutely despising this chapter to loving it. I still dislike A Binding of Kin solely because of Twins, the star of the show. However I believe they can change Twins to make them more fun to play as and against while still being strong.

• KayK99KayK99 Member Posts: 94

The Twins are kinda strong but they're just ugly as hell

• ShinobuSKShinobuSK Member Posts: 4,404

No because we got Elodie <3

• OldHunterLightOldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,000

^ this playing against legion was the most miserable and unfun thing to do and ormond was the most garbage map until recently, it was really horrible.

So I second this, nothing will beat darkness among us.

• DecarcassorDecarcassor Member Posts: 651

All Kill remain the worst. They just released a stricly worse version of an existing killer. Its like they didn't even try.

There are many rough things about the Twins but at least they are unique.

• Science_GuyScience_Guy Member Posts: 1,659

Flesh and Mud is still the only chapter that was so terrible BHVR was forced to stop putting out new content for six months.

BoK at least had an awesome Survivor.

• jester20kjester20k Member Posts: 827

I wasnt around yet and did not know that, what were the problems?

• GoodBoyKaruGoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 19,974

Idk it's a very close tie between BOK, RE, and Darkness Among Us

• MadLordJackMadLordJack Member Posts: 8,815

I feel like Binding of Kin was a horrific cross between Darkness Among Us and Resident Evil. It came with a plethora of bugs and horrific optimisation second only to RE, and a killer only slightly better to face than Old Legion.

• HeroiqHeroiq Member Posts: 1,134

remember how legion was on release?

remember frank's mixtape?

well legion is still aids but you get the point.

• Science_GuyScience_Guy Member Posts: 1,659

Off the top of my head, definitely not a complete list here...

The original Pale Rose was absolutely gigantic. Killers still hate some of the larger maps in the game because of how hard they are to patrol and Pale Rose was much bigger than anything we have now. The funny thing is the map was so large it was awful for Survivors too because it took so long to get anywhere.

The new perks were garbage. Ace is still considered one of the worst Survivors for teachables and that's after they've buffed things Open-Handed and Ace in the Hole multiple times. You'd think introducing Ruin alone would have made the chapter amazing, but iirc Ruin didn't actually work properly on release. And even if it had, great skill checks were almost impossible to miss back then so it still would have been a bad perk. The only perk that was halfway decent at the time was Devour Hope, but it's original effect made it obvious when the killer was running it as soon as it got the first token.

The Hag herself was terrible on release. Current Hag is good at camping. Release Hag was only good for camping. Her teleport was too slow to do anything else.

Terrible map, terrible killer, terrible survivor. And that was just the new content. The worst part was all the game-breaking bugs with older stuff. Things like the Nurse being totally unable to blink through random areas on certain maps on one side, or the Hag being completely immune to DS on the other. And to top if off, everyone figured out how to glitch and stack any perk and use any killer power on any character. Although supposedly that was on old exploit, this was the chapter that the secret got out and everyone learned how to use ridiculous BS like Myers with a Chainsaw running Bond/Empathy. Truly a miserable time to be playing DBD (or a great time to quit it).

• OniWantsYourMacaroniOniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,898

The RE chapter is the worst so far imo.

No chapter update release destroyed my FPS and my motivation to play as hard as this one

• GeneralVGeneralV Member Posts: 7,808

Well, it is hard to say. When I first started playing DBD, Darkness Among Us was the most recent chapter, and that chapter was definitely not the best.

Old Ormond was good for survivors but a nightmare for killers, Legion's power was a monstrosity, and Jeff...Well, Jeff was alright.

However, I still think All-Kill was the worst Chapter ever. It might have lacked game-breaking bugs, but its content was very bad. We got:

-A terrible killer which doesn't even fit the game to begin with.

-A forgettable survivor, easily outshined by both the old and the newer cast.

-No new map.

If that isn't the worst chapter content-wise, I don't know what it is.

• KateDunsonKateDunson Member Posts: 714

Indeed, and just right after I'll say trickster

• PhasmamainPhasmamain Member Posts: 10,080

Even as a Jeff main darkness among us is 100% the worst

For a moment I had forgotten that Devour Hope used to affect Generators.

The advantage of being a new player at the time, was that it took me a while to understand how broken those things were.

• PhasmamainPhasmamain Member Posts: 10,080

Luckily I joined around demise of the faithful so I just managed to avoid it. Still had to deal with ormond though

• van9684van9684 Member Posts: 433

Plus the killer was a flop. I loved the idea but it’s basically a camp and tunnel killer. You get unhooked and victor is right there on your trail. Good killer concept but poor planning as usual.

At least Ormond was good for survivors.

But Old Legion....Ah, my friend, Old Legion was hell, at best.