Home Dead by Daylight Forums Technical Issues

EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION writing address 0x12f35fb0

SlowLorisSlowLoris Member Posts: 114

Starting to get a lot of crashes...and it's frustrating..already lost 6 cakes this week because of it. Reinstalled C++ / Direct X. Did SFC, and I've reinstalled multiple times. The issue went away for a couple of days after all of this, but now it's back again.

When it happens seems to be random. Sometimes it happens as soon as the game loads in. Other times it happens as soon as I'm done healing a Feng. Other times it happens the first time I'm hit. Sometimes it happens if I'm pounced by Viktor. There is no connection between what is causing it :(

I stream this game a lot, so this is especially frustrating, because it forces a restart of the game, and if the D/C penalty wasn't off right now, this would be even worse. I rarely got these before All-Kill update, but they've gotten progressively worse recently..especially after the Resident Evil update.

Please, any help is appreciated. I'm going nuts.

Comments

• KhaineGBKhaineGB Member Posts: 10,623

Okay, dumb idea.

Uninstall the game. Go to steam/steamapps/common and delete the dead by daylight directory.

Clear the steam cache: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=3134-TIAL-4638

Redownload the game.

Why am I suggesting this? Cursory google search indicates similar errors have been fixed with this, specifically for Civ 6.

• SlowLorisSlowLoris Member Posts: 114

So, I wanted to hope that maybe magically this would be the solution, but it is not. I did everything I said in my original post, and also what you said in your reply. Including a 100% fresh install and clearing the steam download cache, and deleting anything related to DBD.

I got a couple of crashes without even getting the unreal box, but my most recent gave me this error.

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x180c8cda

I hate these random address errors because there's no clear cause. -_-

Okay, do you have any apps running at the same time? Maybe try disabling steam overlay and close discord?

• SlowLorisSlowLoris Member Posts: 114

I had another today : Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION writing address 0xbdf7ea50

I did a full wipe of all things NVIDIA on my PC, and installed GPU drivers from April, because this issue got really bad around may-RE DLC. I thought we were in the clear, because performance has been so much better...but I got that error.

I do have discord running, and I can try playing a while without it, but I've never had issues with Discord or Steam overlay :( It's so frustrating.

I only mention that because other users have had SUPER bad performance with the discord app running.

But the WEB version of discord was fine. It's a total hail mary idea, I won't lie.