The winners of the Third Anniversary contests have been announced! For more info and a look at the runners-up, click here: https://bit.ly/2LsXGlf

FPS issues and GPU usage

Why does the game run like total ass now? Only a few weeks ago I checked my CPU and GPU usage with MSI Afterburner and it was fine and now both high and ultra are basically unplayable because of stutters/bad frame timing and maxed out GPU usage.
Before my GPU (1060 6GB btw) was sitting at usually around 75% utilization up to like 85% at times, at 1080p/ultra. Now every map runs at like 90-99% GPU usage unless you're at the outskirts of the map and you refrain from looking into the center. CPU usage never goes above 55% on an i5 4460 3.2Ghz.

I've tested the main menu screen and it looks something like this:
Low/1080p = 42%
Medium/1080p =55%
High/1080p = 90-99%
Ultra/1080p = 99%

And ingame it looks something like this:
Low/1080p = 35%
Medium/1080p = 55-60%
High/1080p = 85-90%
Ultra/1080p = Often maxed out at 99%

I shouldn't have issues with this game, running it at high/ultra at 1080p when I have a 1060 6GB. Most people have a card worse than mine, so what does their performance look like.
If the devs decide to [BAD WORD] up performance, at least let us have proper graphics options so we can choose if we want anti aliasing, ambient occlusion and etc., because right now this is a mess.

Comments

• nomorevideosnomorevideos Member Posts: 75
    edited October 2018

As survivor it's constant drops to like 57-57fps, even 55 at times and as killer it's worse. Constant drops to 50-55 fps and as Doctor I got as low as 40 without even using my shock attack/treatment mode.
    Again with an older GPU from like 5 years ago fine, but this shouldn't happen with a high end card for 1080p.

• Condorloco_26Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,528

LMAO...You should see how things are on console...

edited October 2018

@Condorloco_26 said:
    LMAO...You should see how things are on console...

I realize consoles have it hard enough as it is, but I can't imagine how this "VERY BAD WORD" runs on there. This update must've dropped frames into hell for the console folk.
    It wouldn't be an issue for me on PC if we had actual graphic options like their new game Death Garden does. All we have are 4 presets and a config file where you could potentially tweak settings, but that's not even working anymore apparently.
    I simply don't wanna play at medium because of how bad it looks. And as I said high barely changes things. I still get major stutter and drops on both sides.

I don't wanna point fingers, but the new models for the plant pods or the hooks could cause this issue. Some previous models/effects like the Hag's Lettuce costume also makes my frame rate drop a lot and cause stuttering too. I played twice against a Hag with that cosmetic and both times, even when not looking at her directly, my FPS was really bad.

Post edited by nomorevideos on
  • Condorloco_26Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,528

I agree with you. Devs should work on optimization in the next weeks.

• SkemoooSkemooo Member Posts: 150

nvidia making 10 series bad to sell 20 series

• SkemoooSkemooo Member Posts: 150

nvidia making 10 series bad to sell 20 series with botched drivers

• UsuiUsui Member Posts: 242

Not sure why you're blaming nvidia this game is known to be mega unoptimized.. even with an up to par rig this game can take your gpu to 90+% for no reason at all

@Skemooo said:
    nvidia making 10 series bad to sell 20 series

I haven't updated my drivers, they don't auto update either. I'm using a driver from several months ago, not the new botched ones.

@Usui said:
    Not sure why you're blaming nvidia this game is known to be mega unoptimized.. even with an up to par rig this game can take your gpu to 90+% for no reason at all

How does the game perform in menus for you? I.E. when you're switching from the bloodweb to the character selection or putting on/off items/addons/offerings? My game will always drop frames (from 60 to 25-45) and more annoyingly stutter like hell for up to half a second. Also the quicker you switch items out the more the game shits itself. By repeatedly putting the same item on and off I made it to 1fps and at one my my Steam fps counter just disappeared. The issue aren't those stress tests, it's just casual switching out perks or items. It's making my game stutter and drop frames as well as slightly freeze my lobby (as killer) so people think my ping is bad when ti spikes to like 150.
    I wish I could run this game without the constant stutter and issues, that sometimes even exists during gameplay. One time I play and I have no stutter during gameplay, another time I play and get stutter and dropped frames. And again high usage, even on medium.