Home Dead by Daylight Forums Feedback Feedback and Suggestions

Swamp

justbecausejustbecause Member Posts: 1,521
edited July 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

Can we already delete this map? Or rework it at least? The map is so bs for killer as well as survivor it's very bad designed and it has one of ugliest atmospheres in game and why is this map more common than others I get it at least 4/10 matches

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• EntitySpawnEntitySpawn Member Posts: 3,621

It's not a bad map at all, both variants are okay as either side and I'd say it's one of the maps where a skillful player can use the tiles (like the big boat) better than the average

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 12,216
    edited July 2021

It is not really the fixed structures (however, the Pantry can be a pain to play for Killers, if the Survivor knows what they are doing), but the RNG.

You can have a complete Deadzone in the middle with exactly nothing. No Pallet, nothing. Maybe a Hill, but even that one is not guaranteed and only useful for Balanced Landing. And those are the worst games on Swamp for both sides IMO, especially on Grim Pantry. If there is a big deadzone in the middle, Survivors will always run to the Pantry and while not as bad as it used to be, as I said, it can be a pain to play as Killer. And you cannot really blame the Survivors there that they bee-line to the strong Structure if there is nothing else around.

Then there are really obscure Totem and Hatch Spawns, Hooks can also not spawn in one area (from what I know the only Map where you can actually have problems to hook Survivors, if you get unlucky).

I really hope they rework the Map soon and the graphical Update gives some Improvement. But, I would not mind if they just delete it "by accident". (In general, I would give up Ace just to remove this Chapter out of existence, it never happened, no Swamp, no Hag...)

• EntitySpawnEntitySpawn Member Posts: 3,621

Well in comparison to some other maps it's no heavily weighted to one side or the other, and yeah the pantry is annoying for killer but the rest is pretty equal unlike a few other maps. Like I'd take grim over cowshed anyway, screw that barn and the numerous safe loops lol.

I just hope on the redo it becomes even more of a "swamp" certainly dont want the squishy sounds to go lol