Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Never thought I'd say this but I miss old Trickster....

I miss playing AS old Trickster. Atleast before despite the fact that he was weak he was kinda fun to play as, atleast in my opinion. I liked being able to throw knives super quickly and being able to shred through survivors, but now? He feels so much more....unfun. His knife throw rate combined with his 44 knives nerf make playing him feel like a chore now that you constantly have to reload after every chase not to mention you throw knives slower. Anyone else feel the same way?

Comments

• blue4zionblue4zion Member Posts: 2,423

He is really unfun to play now. Throwing multiple knives is now usually detrimental, which really killed his fun.

Reducing the knife count was not the way to go, but im not even sure what would be.

Was frustrated enough my first game and im not trying it again.

• TheGannManTheGannMan Member Posts: 9,333

He’s incredibly boring to play as and against. He also has very unhealthy gameplay.

• ZozzyZozzy Member Posts: 4,759

There are many streamers that can't tell the difference between good survivors and utter potatoes and just think the plays they are making are good.

PTB survivors are always trash and should never have any decisions based off them.. but here we are.

• AltarfAltarf Member Posts: 1,043
  • TheGannManTheGannMan Member Posts: 9,333

It’s the same thing as old Legion where the way to play is to focus down one guy and completely negate their skill regardless how long it takes to down them. Trickster has the same issue. Also his ability to camp is on the same level as Bubba.

• GeneralVGeneralV Member Posts: 7,764

Why do I feel like this comment of yours was specifically for me?

• BenZ0BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,090

Agree he feels more slow paste now and this is not that fun anymore

• bedlordbedlord Member Posts: 62

All they had to do was make him 115% movement speed killer and the main event changes and he woulda been fine

• Devil_hit11Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 1,897

I think its overrated add-on combination because you need aim at the feet. It is only plausible when your pointblank near survivor. I think the way to play trickster is to just run iri photocard . He is just so unfun to play now that I think rather just drop him until he goes back to his PTB form.

• SasukeKunSasukeKun Member Posts: 1,858

NEW TRICKSTER NERFBUFF??!!? is what they should have called it. With the amount of walls you can run around i liked that he had 60 originally.

• Devil_hit11Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 1,897

I mean whole point of the add-on is to hit a knives, have it go through survivor and than hit floor for 150% damage. He had add-on in beta version called trick blades where you could throw knives on floor to bounce off into the survivor for 2x damage and he was still rubbish even with that. Not aiming at floor with those add-on is waste of add-on slots. Its just gimmick stuff for PTB-trash survivors that run in straight line to make trickster look like he is instantly downing survivors.

Besides, instant downs killers such as Leatherface, Billy, infinity EV3 myers so on are better at camping than he is and main event gives you all firepower you need to ever camp without ever really needing add-ons.

• Buily09Buily09 Member Posts: 2,812

I would rather him having like 7 damage hit points but give him back his trow speed and ammo. That would make him base kit better and still keep the fun level. Now he is too similar to Huntress but Huntress is more fun and rewarding to play as. Sad.

• ZokenayZokenay Member Posts: 573

The thing is that his design is terrible, his PTB version was oppressive has hell, since it buffed all the wrong things, he was already strong on low loops, now he is basically a god on them, making low loops 100% useless, if you arent next to a high loop, he is just gonna down you.

Theres also his camping potential which was buffed considerably.

• glitchboiglitchboi Member Posts: 5,416
    edited July 2021

Yeah I completely agree with you. I don't care if he's stronger, he's not as fun as he used to be.

• CaulDrohnCaulDrohn Member Posts: 1,024

Yep, could test that out yesterday against a trickster on meatplant. If you can break LOS it will start to decay really fast, giving you enough counterplay to last longer in a chase. The game yesterday was the most enjoyable I ever had against a trickster, bc I felt I have a chance to get away if I path correctly. Never had that before the change.

Although, this was the game, a heaven of LOS breakers. I'm dreading to face a trickster on an open map like Shelter Woods ...

• GeneralVGeneralV Member Posts: 7,764

I mean, it sounds as if it was made for me:

"You complain about my killer, I complain about yours".

• legacycoltlegacycolt Member Posts: 1,362

I actually think it’s ok to get rewarded if you’re a „good survivor“. I don’t think we need another franks mixtape where you go down anyways no matter how good you are.

• Luciferr_2ndLuciferr_2nd Member Posts: 909

They buffed the thing about trickster that he was always really good at, the chase, it makes no sense.

He needed map pressure, his power forces him to over-commit, have survivors pull knives out to reduce the laceration meter or they can leave them in there and take the risk.

Now he's just a boring killer with an oppressive chase and nothing else, similar to Deathslinger, i think survivors are going to hate this killer.

• ZonkyWizardZonkyWizard Member Posts: 568

Miss the old Trickster as well, playing the reworked version feels horrible. Compared to before. Wish they could revert the whole change

• FFirebranddFFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,071

Yeah... I don't know how I feel about new Trickster. The problem I personally am having trouble with is that with Old Trickster, I would frequently zone Survivors from just continuing to hold W by just throwing 1-2 knives at them. 60 knives and a longer time for laceration frequently made it so that I could do that without worrying about running out of knives and the laceration from any hits would probably still be there when I caught up.

Now though? Doing that seems like a complete waste. With only 44 knives, you can't afford to throw some that you don't expect to hit and the Laceration will have fallen off by the time I catch up anyway.

• IamFranIamFran Member Posts: 1,115
    edited July 2021

They made Trickster better in which he was already good and worse in which he was bad intstead of just buffing in which he was bad without touching nothing more.

This "buff" is a joke, is more a nerf than a buff, don't be fooled by BHVR.