Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

What do survivors do to make a match fun for killer?

Please enlighten me? I am honestly curious.

Comments

• GoodBoyKaruGoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 15,347

If survivors don't get cocky and this tbag and clicky clicky happy, don't camp this one really safe loop all game (*cough* saloon *cough*), and actually participate in the match (hey nea urban evasioning around the edge of the map for 65 minutes i am talking to you- this was pre-egc) then it's a pretty fun match imo

• SherrySherry Member Posts: 225

I don't play a lot of killer, but I can tell you what would make it more fun for me. I would rather survivors not gen rush. I just feel so stupid as a killer when that happens.

Don't blind me... I dislike it. I've started using lightborn to avoid it.

One more thing that would make it more fun for me... don't sabo a hook, when I'm carrying a survivor to it. It was likely a long fought chase and I feel like I really deserve the hook.

I really prefer to eventually let the survivors escape, but I do like to try to hook everyone at least once.

• RazorbeamRazorbeam Member Posts: 594

In my experience playing both, the survivors do nothing for the killer, no inch is given either when I'm the killer or in my survivor games, I do however see a lot more charity from killers which is then very quickly forgotten when you que in to your next game with a basement bubba.

• ImBrakingBikeImBrakingBike Member Posts: 444

Agree. The game should give survivors more tasks to do, not just the gens. The way it is right now I don't think anyone can complain about gen rushing, it's like saying that if the killer finds you right at the start of the match he shouldn't chase you because he's rushing a kill. Makes no sense to me. It'd be interesting if DbD implemented something like "parts" so that survivors gotta find two or three of those before they start repairing gens, it encourages mobility throughout the map and guarantees a little longer playtime which would benefit both roles.

• CornHubCornHub Member Posts: 1,864

Don't act like a sore winner or loser & the match will be pretty fun.

• pseudechispseudechis Member Posts: 1,500

Die horribly. 🔪🪓🩸

• ouroboros_worldouroboros_world Member Posts: 215

Can’t remember the last time I had fun as killer. I find swf more fun since we can bully the killer and gang up on him to the point of facecamping which is easily counter by hook bombing.

• RazorbeamRazorbeam Member Posts: 594

I love those swf's, their whole world collapses while they all bleed out on the floor watching me dance.

• ShinobuSKShinobuSK Member Posts: 3,035

Nothing. Killer can only make the match fun for themselves. Nothing survivors do or dont do will change anything about my killer experience.

Just play how you want

• InListInList Member Posts: 85
    edited July 2021

If the killer is clearly struggling go easy on him. You can save your sabo plays and flashlight saves for the next match. This is easier said than done since BHVR decided we deserve to lose our add-ons every match even if we don't touch our item.

When I'm learning a new killer I'll try to signal that I'm practicing to the survivors. If they pick up on this and give me some chases I always appreciate that.

Most of all, just leave at the end.

• megaweeniemanmegaweenieman Member Posts: 323

i think you all have some good points but they all sound theoretical, like if you were a Good Samaritan you’d do what you described. What percentage of survivors do you think do that vs the ones that obviously won but feel the need to flex until the last second of EGC?

• justbecausejustbecause Member Posts: 1,521

Meg sandbagging survivor on pallet, Jake trying to use sabo perk and fail miserably, Nea urban evading around map ,Claudette self caring outside of map for 40 seconds, Dwight hiding in locker and making out with David there's your answers

• BwstedBwsted Member Posts: 2,241

Aside from not bm'ing and not being immersed there's not much else they can do. The game is asymmetrical. Survivors don't have the power to remove a player from gameplay.

• TripleStealTripleSteal Member Posts: 1,299

I just stop doing gens.

• brokedownpalacebrokedownpalace Member Posts: 7,095

I think the fact that I play solo and rarely run meta perks would help. A lot of the times I don't even have an exhaustion perk. Not sure what else you'd expect.

• brokedownpalacebrokedownpalace Member Posts: 7,095

Oh and I mostly focus on challenges rather than escaping.

• MarcoPoloYoloMarcoPoloYolo Member Posts: 508

For me, it's mostly don't BM me or don't be super immersed (there's a time and place for it, but it gets annoying if it's constant). The "we're going to stalk the killer to get a save in any way possible" style gets a bit annoying even if its effectiveness is questionable. Literally the rest is just balance issues TBH.

• XyvieliaXyvielia Member Posts: 1,652

not cleansing totems during multiple hex builds

• SpookyPumpkinPiezSpookyPumpkinPiez Member Posts: 259

I find it hilarious when I get near a survivor and they hesitantly try to open a chest or something. It's a moment of "please don't hit me, I'm minding my own business", so I let them be

• VioletCrimesVioletCrimes Member Posts: 870

I’m Prestige 1ing Dwight right now. I just need a David and a locker.

• xEaxEa Member Posts: 2,973

There is only one thing i dislike as a killer: Flashlight macros.

Everything else is fine for me and i usually enjoy.

• Patrick1088Patrick1088 Member Posts: 546

Good general etiquette is nice. If you teabag after getting a pallet stun im probably going to tunnel you out of the game. If you made a good play, continue playing, don't brag.

As a killer main your happiness is whatever you make. If you enjoy moris then go ahead. Enjoy EGC builds with NOED, awesome!

Ive been enjoying Devour Hope a lot lately so needless to say I feel a little bad about moris since survivors get a lot less points (along with me). I try to bring cake or BPS to compensate. I probably won't let anybody escape though tbh lol

• JasixJasix Member Posts: 1,187

Man I really hate the term genrush. As a 50/50 killer/survivor I think this is the stupidest term in the game. I understand as killer that survivors want to do gens and gtfo. If they get 2-3 gens before I get a hook - that is on me. Anyways - off to the original question.

As a survivor I just play the game. I don't teabag or clicky clicky flashlights. If the exit gate is open I don't stand around waiting for the killer. I don't do these things to make the killer have a fun game (that's not my job as a survivor) - I don't do them because I find them to be childish and antagonizing. I am an adult and these actions are more akin to grade school antics. As a killer when survivors do these things I just attribute that to their SDE and immaturity.

• IlliterateGenocideIlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 2,043

depends on the killer, some killers only have fun if they get a 4k. some survivors only have fun if they get a 4man escape.

Survivors its not ur job to make the game fun for killers.

killers its not ur job to make the game fun for survivors