Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

The state of the 'community"

Maybe not on here but in game. Them and a friend spent the whole game clicking and vaulting to make noise. I actively ignored them. During the end game I killed one of them, this individual in particular. They were rank 9. I just want to play the game and have fun. These people will play with the sole intention of ruining others games. Before you come in and say "I don't get these" or " I don't get trolled or bothered" Good for you. I actually glad, I am. This has not been my experience of late and I'm just exhausted. Not just of this stuff but a lot of things and its a shame because I used to play the game for fun and relieve some stress. I'm taking a break for awhile.

(btw I am not the one saying "lul")

Comments

• SadsnacksSadsnacks Member Posts: 673

When the game stops being fun you should definitely take a break. Its not like youll ever "beat" dbd and the grind will always be there waiting.

• AneurysmAneurysm Member Posts: 5,101

If it makes you feel any better they probably say that to every killer. Unfortunately you need to develop a thick skin because those types aren't going anywhere. You shouldn't have to but it is what it is.

• Johnny_XManJohnny_XMan Member Posts: 5,872
    edited August 2021

Turn off chat.

You’ll be doing yourself a favor. Those people are not going to miraculously “change”. You, however, can change your attitude towards it…by not allowing yourself to even read what they have to say.

For me, I can take the heat but I can give it back too. So I have no issue putting someone in their place who is acting like a child. Until I don’t because time is usually a waste in post chat anyway.

Don’t let one troll or trolls, dictate your attitude towards your next match.

Post edited by Johnny_XMan on
  • JasixJasix Member Posts: 1,225

End game chat in a lot of online games is full of salt and discriminatory comments. I have end game chat disabled - not because it bothers me, but rather because I stream and got tired of advertising other people's racist and homophobic comments. No clue why others let comments form complete strangers bother them - stop letting random people live in your head rent free. When these people actually come to my stream and spout their bigotry and stupidity I just attribute it to SDE.

• IronKnight55IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,566

You just have to try to ignore them. You're just giving them what they want when you get upset. I just laugh when I read stuff like that and move on to the next game.

• RougualRougual Member Posts: 513

Its all fun and games till the Survivor who DC'd posts your address in the end game chat.

• Squirrel_ThiccSquirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,678

Welcome to online gaming where there are no consequences for being a degenerate. Just the usual, I turned off my dm's a long time ago specifically because of this game.