Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

About the excuse people use to camp and tunnel....

Now before you comment, I acknowledge that tunneling and camping is a viable strategy. For the most part I don't really hold it against anyone who does it, but jeez this particular excuse has been getting on my nerves lately and that is "my objective is to kill the survivors." No, its not. The game very clearly states that the job of the Killer is to torture the survivors and after squeezing every last bit of hope they have then they can kill the survivors.

If your gonna tunnel and camp, go right on ahead, I don't care, do whatever you want but for the love of god stop using false information.

Comments

• chargernick85chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

I don't usually like your post (No offense) as they are just wayyyy to far out in the Killers favor....even for me a Killer Main but this one is freaking hilarious. It really is what they say too lmao.

• BrokenSouIBrokenSouI Member Posts: 6,643

I love posts like these. I had a wraith tunnel me and eat 6 flash bang light burns. I had a trapper who downed me and stood over me until I bled out. Any attempt to get me up. He just downed me again. And had enduring so we couldn't pallet stun to get me up either.

Did I complain ? Nope I laughed it off and moved on because it wasnt that bad. Nor did the world end because of it

• Gamedozer7Gamedozer7 Member Posts: 1,958

The speed of gen is what makes tunneling happen. If the survivors are completing there objectives fast the killer then has to do the same. Idk what you mean about looping but there still are infinites that you just have to leave or waste 2 minutes to get the hit. Keys are really only a problem in swf

• Hektic3000Hektic3000 Member Posts: 674

The objective is to kill survivors. You can try and argue that getting the most blood points or pipping to rank up are the goals but those are just side objectives. If im not playing for blood points cause i don't need them or i dont care about an emblem system, that'll mean nothing in a few months aside from more blood points, then what else am i supposed to play for?

• CornHubCornHub Member Posts: 1,864

People will say anything to justify any action in this game. I don't think any answer you get will be satisfying.

• MarigoriaMarigoria Member Posts: 5,676
    edited August 2021

Corrupt Intervention, thana, dying light, POP, Ruin. There's a lot of slowdown perks you can use.

Gen speeds are fine for solo q.

There hasnt been infinites for a long time now.

• gendossgendoss Member Posts: 2,264

Dude their objective is to stop all survivors from escaping. Don't pull this "technically" business.

• BlindMoleBlindMole Member Posts: 649

I mean, people who play survivor are more tortured when killers camp and tunnel so they are doing it the correct way, imma right??

Right?

Jimmy? Not the pitchfork again, Jimmy!!! I'm just joking, I'm still healing from last time! Not the my poop dispenser Jimmy ohhhhhhhh!!!

/joke

• BrokenSouIBrokenSouI Member Posts: 6,643

Just because infinites are gone. Does not mean a large majority of maps are not way to strong still.

And what if I don't want to run those atm killers also like to have variety in there builds. So if I'm running a build that doesn't have slow down perks I need a different strategy. I'll give you that they aren't ture infinites but badham and Haddonfield houses of pain, the main building in the one MacMillan level they are at lest 2 min chase for one hit because you can't mind game them they have to be brute forced.

Just so we are clear in most case I don't tunnel untell about 2 gens but once they're down to 2 someone has to go

• BranBran Member Posts: 1,463

gotta ask yourself...what happens in game?

say it with me...in game the killer is trying to [blank] the survivors and stop the survivors from escaping.

i assume if you ever play killer and just happen to camp and tunnel it's to "get points" and let the survivors escape on "purpose".

• TsulanTsulan Member Posts: 12,687

No offense taken. Even when i´m almost a survivor main (80/20).

It had to be said. The forum and after match comments were flooded with the "just apply pressure" messages. Some people simply didn´t think about what that could really mean. So here we are. Enjoying the beauty of doing exactly what survivors wanted us to do.

There are killer sided maps too. Both sides have good and bad maps.

Well survivor also like variety, but need kindred and bond for solo q, BT for camping killers, DS for tunneling. Etc.

• FrenziedRoachFrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,598

Removing hands from the generators makes the game easier going forward. While perma-death exists, this will always be a viable strategy.

Ergo, it is the killer's objective to kill survivors. Wither or not you agree is irrelevant.

You don't have to run those you can switch it up it might be harder in some areas but thats how its supposed to be. Just like when I said as a killer if I go without slowdown im going to have a hard time keeping gens from popping so pressure has to be applied some how some where

• Power_GuyPower_Guy Member Posts: 1,572

The Killer player wins by killing people. There's no victory condition for torturing the Survivors.

So if the Killer player's goal = To Win. Then To Win = To Kill. Therefore Killer's Goal = To Kill.

'Torturing the Survivors' is just fluff. By the mechanics of the game, the Killer gets the programmed win state by killing, not by torturing.

So 'I camp/tunnel to win' is a valid answer.

• PukenplagPukenplag Member Posts: 1,231

This is false. The role, the tooltips etc. all say that the killer is meant to squeeze all the hope out of survivors, play with them, torture them, all before killing them.

The game's emblem system literally awards you for having longer and interesting matches. Quick matches or camping/tunneling ones usually hurt your emblems a lot.

And that applies for survivors too. Try to gen rush and all your other emblems are bronze/not existent.

• Power_GuyPower_Guy Member Posts: 1,572

The game's WIN CONDITIONS are killing or escaping. The emblem system is a grade based on what you did in the match. You don't 'win' by getting all Iris and you don't 'fail' by getting all Bronze.

You win by escaping or killing.

You lose by dying.

The Killer's win/loss is more of a sliding scale of HOW MANY he killed. One could say he 'barely wins' at 1 kill to 'completely wins at 4' and only 'loses' at 0.

But the game's win conditions, as programmed into the game, are killing and escaping. This is a hard fact; the Killer does not 'win' if he tortures everyone to 2 hooks and 12 downs each, and then they all escape.

• ThiccBudhhaThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,516

You have clearly never played killer. If you camp and tunnel, you get way more suffering before they die. You don't even get post game messages when you cycle survivors to get everyone hook state 2 before going for a kill. You get someone out of the game in less than a minute? Wait until you see the sweet nectar they provide to the entity. The game has it wrong, I am much better at torturing them. This is why the entity contracts us to do the work for it, clueless suit has no idea how this business actually works.

• JunylarJunylar Member Posts: 1,440

So, survivors' objective is to survive? Not to do gens, just to survive, that is to hide in grass and wait for the hatch to open, right?

• CleviteClevite Member Posts: 4,335

You don't need an excuse to tunnel and camp.

• RivynRivyn Member Posts: 2,969

Doing gens gets them out of the trial. Hence, surviving.