Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

How hard is it for you guys to respect each other's opinions?

All over the forums I'm constantly seeing either passive aggressiveness or just full on hatred from Fnaf Fans and Hellraiser fans for each other. Is it really that hard to be respectful towards each other?

Literally all you need to do is say "I respect your opinion, but I personally disagree with it." And move on, you don't need to go and make an new discussion slandering the other group for liking a Killer you don't want in the game. It's really not all that hard, but apparently most of the people on these forums are immature children.

Comments

• HaunterofShadowsHaunterofShadows Member Posts: 3,505

I don't feel like bringing it up helps anyone.

• Marc_go_soloMarc_go_solo Member Posts: 2,824

Firstly, you are absolutely right: there's nothing wrong about wanting or not wanting a certain killer, as well as maintaining civility and respect.

There could be many triggers as to why people seem to become so aggressively nuts though. This could be because someone is too obsessive; had a terrible day; trolling; takes things too personally; misinterprets the meaning behind the words; has low self-worth or even bored, amongst other things.

The underlying factor is a sense of congruence and an understanding of why they feel a certain way when challenged. Many people don't take a step back and think "Hang on - why do I feel insulted by this?" and just dive in. But those questions either don't register or create a fear that they aren't willing to confront. It ultimately underlines all actions, and those who can take a step back are pretty much guaranteed to not react aggressively, but instead clearly, respectfully and with a level-head. Most importantly, those people always make the best points.

People need to be made aware of this more.

• The_BiggCheezeThe_BiggCheeze Member Posts: 406

This is the dbd community, "respect" isn't in their vocabulary. If you say something that goes against another player, they attack you for it, If they don't like something, they'll fight to their dying breath till it goes their way.

• KebekKebek Member Posts: 3,676

I don't see these "I don't want this killer x I want this killer" clases any different from the usual threads about how someone doesn't like things that are already ind DBD arguing with someone else who does.

Besies, you creating a thread to specifically shame others distaste of something makes you very much alike them. You're just causing more noise and arguing by making it.

• QwQwQwQw Member Posts: 4,469

Exactly. I can completely understand if someone doesn't like Fanf. But often times the way they go about expressing their opinion is far more childish than the Fanf community they supposedly hate.

• chargernick85chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

Depends...Do they have the same opinion as me? Then yes.

If not...######### no.

Signed

THE FORUMS.

• About8GenjisAbout8Genjis Member Posts: 91

Agree 100%. I am a HUGE FNAF fan myself, mainly cause of the design of the characters.

But holy hell can the fanbase be A N N O Y I N G. It just doesn't help that a huge part of the younger audience invaded the franchise and can't stop for one second saying something about FNAF or, in this case, how Springtrap is going to be the next killer.

I am also at the point where I think a FNAF chapter might not be a good idea anymore, as it would cause a what I like to call a "Forum and Chat War".

• ThiccBudhhaThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,521

I would have an easier time getting the 4k on a tournament level SWF than respecting if someone liked a horror franchise I also liked.