Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Would you rather have a B tier Killer but they're fun or an S tier Killer but they aren't fun?

FrostySealFrostySeal Member Posts: 506
edited September 2021 in General Discussions

Would you guys rather have a B tier Killer that's really fun to play as and against or would you rather have a new S tier Killer but they're really unfun to play as and against. I'm curious to know what you guys think about this!

Comments

• KebekKebek Member Posts: 3,676

Depens on the power. Someone might think both powers are fun.

• MunqaxusMunqaxus Member Posts: 2,752

I main Trapper and Plague, so I'm definitely a B-Tier kind of guy.

• YatolYatol Member Posts: 1,410

Killer should always be fun first strong second

• unluckycombounluckycombo Member Posts: 582

B tier for sure. If a Killer isn't fun to play, then why play them?

With that being said though, I gotta say- I will agree that some of the past few Killer haven't really hit either mark with me, so I can see the complaints.

• SirGandoSirGando Member Posts: 374

Lets settle with an A Tier killer who is semi fun, k?

• DragonMasterDarrenDragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,204

B tier but fun, i prefer things being fun for both sides rather then a curb stomp for one person

• Lochnload_exeLochnload_exe Member Posts: 1,255

B Tier but fun. S tier killers are usually very technical but get results most of the time once you are good with them. B tier killers though take time to master, and then still reward or are fun to play for a long time to me. They also usually have fun build potential

• TatariuTatariu Member Posts: 1,891

B tier.

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 12,218

B-Tier.

There are already strong Killers in the game which are not really fun to play, e.g. Hag. Nobody can say she is weak, she is one of the strongest Killers, yet, you dont see her, because she is not fun to play.

Meanwhile, some weaker Killers are really fun to play.

• vacamanvacaman Member Posts: 1,140

As long as it's not Trickster that is not strong or fun i'll be happy.

• TacitusKilgoreTacitusKilgore Member Posts: 1,381

Fun should always triumph over viability. A killer doesn't need to be good as long as they are fun, but generally being strong helps make them fun. You need a good balance of both.

• YatolYatol Member Posts: 1,410

If you're stomping match with a strong killer that is unfun to play, then what's the point? Just because you lose doesn't mean you don't have fun.

• thrawn3054thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,275

B tier. Killer variety is always nice.

• EvilJoshyEvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,296
    edited September 2021

I agree just because you lose doesn't mean you don't have fun. However it's pretty hard to have fun if you don't stand a chance. That's what I'm arguing. Also this game is 1v4. The killer is supposed to be stronger because they are out numbered. 1 survivor is not meant to be able to stand up to any killer.

• PhasmamainPhasmamain Member Posts: 10,038

A killer can be dumpster tier but so long as they have a unique and relatively balanced concept I’m cool

• RenRenRenRen Member Posts: 1,351

Depends on your definition on b tier.

• SMitchell8SMitchell8 Member Posts: 2,395

We could do with another S killer but id rather have a fun B.

• botraxbotrax Member Posts: 633

That the thing a killer who is fun but you get destroy every match is not fun to play at least for me so i will take the S tier killer anytime

• RaptorrotasRaptorrotas Member Posts: 2,595

why shouldnt the fun killers be strong too?

Lessening the gap between the killer tiers or reducing the number of tiers should be as important as that solo-swf gap.

• ouroboros_worldouroboros_world Member Posts: 215

Killer should be fun and strong, but that’s never going to happen. Just look at wraith, a really simple killer with 1 simple power but survivor mains think he op and need nerfs. To please the survivors mains they going to keep making weaker killers like trickster and nemesis that take multiple hits to down with their power lol. Next killer is just going to repair gens for the survivor mains

• ThiccBudhhaThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,516

I main Ghostface... Take a guess!

In all seriousness, fun is the most important aspect of a killer for me. If they aren't fun, I am not going to play it. Luckily most killers are fun.

• TheGannManTheGannMan Member Posts: 9,334

Nurse is my example of an unfun S tier killer. I’d totally pick a fun B-tier killer.

• Ghouled_MojoGhouled_Mojo Member Posts: 1,845

B tier fun.

s tier is nice and all but I’m not trying to 4K every game.

• ukenickyukenicky Member Posts: 1,351

I think the perfect balance of fun and powerful is best showcased by Oni and that's a model all killers should be shaped after in terms of fun = strength