Home Dead by Daylight Forums Feedback Feedback and Suggestions

Why did you remove the Cenobite's voice lines?

Title.

I just would like to know. They were fitting (a citation from the movie) and they gave more indication when the killer teleported.

So, why remove them?

Comments

• raze_raze_ Member Posts: 90

in the ptb when pinhead teleported he said "i came"

now nothing? is it a bug or did you really removed that sound sample?

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 12,616
    edited September 2021

Removed. Apparently they have stated that they are unable to explain why.

• WretchedElkWretchedElk Member Posts: 311

Maybe he’s just sleepy now.

• DemonDaddyDemonDaddy Member Posts: 3,513

Softball removal, unknown reasons is a sugar coating

• MeltingPenguinsMeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,437

All jokes aside, I think due to them adding voicelines for Jonathan the code went to being at its spaghettiest again and just messed up those voicelines.

• DbD_EnjoyerDbD_Enjoyer Member Posts: 458
    edited September 2021

Why Pin Head is not "coming" anymore???

His voice line was literally the best part of this update and you devs decided to remove it without any proper explanation...

Its so sad, see you guys on the next chapter, just lost all hope for this one =/

• Chilli_man2400Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,296

Because of some audio bug or something I don’t know there not explaining why they removed it

• IamFranIamFran Member Posts: 1,115

HE STOPED BEING HORNY.

• TacitusKilgoreTacitusKilgore Member Posts: 1,381

Presumably legal issues

edited September 2021

Its so accurate man, whenever the devs mannage to really make something great, at the same time they also mannage to dissapoint us somewhere else.

The Cenobite animations are so sick and he is a great addition to the roster (even tho his power is mid tier), but they removed the only fun part of this killer, its so disheartening.

• SonzaishinaiSonzaishinai Member Posts: 6,493

We come in silence now

• GendiinGendiin Member Posts: 15

glad I saw these posts before buying him.

From what it seems, its not coming back, mods don't want to talk about it and its not a "known issue" on the patch notes.

• AnneBonnyAnneBonny Member Posts: 1,783

they'll be brought back right?

• Chilli_man2400Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,296

I’m also upset cause I was hyped when I heard chatterer was coming to dbd I was hoping when he teleported he would chatter his teeth

• HoodiedHoodied Member Posts: 12,759

He can't come no more, now he comes...arrives to the survivors without warning

• HoodiedHoodied Member Posts: 12,759

I don't think it'll be coming back

get it? because..he...came

• miketheratguymiketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719
  • raze_raze_ Member Posts: 90

if its really beacuse of problems with the license i do understand it.

but if its because people complained about it because maybe its too sexual or whatever then im really disapointed.

• ohheyitsbobcatohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,285
    edited September 2021

It could be anything.

Licensing issue: With them unable to say it certainly makes it a strong possibility. On the other end I've never watched the Pinhead movies but aren't the entire things sexual based, seems weird they'd care about a "came" joke. I'd also assume when making the character they would show the voice lines to the license holder beforehand.

Backlash: Did Twitter knights and Facebook moms get all up in their grill and they don't want to deal with it? Possibly.

Audio File Problem: Maybe there was a legit problem with the audio file that caused problems elsewhere in the game on the current patch. The PTB is usually an older patch and something new could have came up though it seems they'd mention this if it was the case. Unlikely to be the reason but still possible.

Voice Actor: Maybe whoever voiced it had some dark past that came to light and BHVR doesn't want to use their clips anymore. Maybe the voice actor changed their mind and didn't want "came" memes as part of their resume. I have no idea who the voice actor is, just something that came to mind as a possibility.

Changed their mind: Maybe one of the BHVR heads just didn't like the meme and wants it dead. Maybe no one realized the joke and it's not what they wanted for the character.

There could be any number of reasons and it's all speculation and hard to say why they removed it. Hell, maybe the line wasn't saucy enough for the licence holders and they want double came.

• AnneBonnyAnneBonny Member Posts: 1,783

i mean the actual likelihood of it being removed because of the jokes is probably near zero, that would be absurd

• miketheratguymiketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719
  • MrCalac123MrCalac123 Member Posts: 1,134

Devs hate fun.

• DoomedMindDoomedMind Member Posts: 793

Oh I thought it was because they didn't voiced in French or something else.