Home Dead by Daylight Forums Feedback Feedback and Suggestions

What do you guys think about my ideas to reduce the grind? What are some of your ideas?

FrostySealFrostySeal Member Posts: 506
edited September 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

One of my ideas is that all survivor items, addons and offering should be shared across the board. Its annoying to have one survivor have all the items and another having none. Killer offerings should also be shared across all of them.

Another one of my ideas isn't really gonna reduce the grind much but I still think it would help a lot. I would implement a simple crafting system where you can craft addons and items. It'd be simple, 2 brown items = 1 yellow item, 2 yellow items = 1 green item, etc. Its really annoying when you have a favorite addon combination on a Killer or Survivor but you can't use it much bc you don't have many while you have another set of addons that don't ever get used.

My final idea would be to get rid of the max BP in each category and instead just make the max amount of BP you can earn with no offerings or perks be 48000. It's really annoying when you have one category completely maxed out but you still need to work on it, like if you used prove thyself and got max objective but still had many gens to do.

Edit: Also forgot but for the crafting system you can use items of lower quality to craft items of much higher quality, like being able to use 6 brown items/addons to be a green item/addon and so on and so forth.

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments

• HippieHippie Member Posts: 1,003

Those sound good, I like the shared items one especially. I've always thought a great idea would be to have all perks that you have unlocked ready to use on all characters regardless of level, starting at rank 1. That way you could pick up new characters much more easily and feel more inclined to play Survivors/Killers that you don't want to level up yet.

I also think there should also be more points awarded for simple actions in general. Maybe even make the first action you do to each unique Survivor award bonus points as well, like for each unique chase the Killer starts they get twice the points for that action, or for each unique Survivor you heal you get twice the points and so on. It would encourage more teamplay from Survivors and encourage Killers to go for each Survivor in turn, as well as giving more points for normal gameplay.

• BastardKingBastardKing Member Posts: 728
    edited September 2021

When you PX a killer/survivor, it should auto unlock their teachables at that rank. P3 David, all your survivors have No Mither 3, Deadhard 3, and We're Gonna Live Forever 3.

P1 Trapper, all killers have Brutal Strength 1, Unnerving Presence 1, Agitation 1.

This would reduce the grind in a way that would still satisfy people who have played for a long time as well. It means each new killer/survivor that comes out automatically has all the perks they want.

• wxnickxwwxnickxw Member Posts: 742

I would like the ability to exchange iri or gold shards for bloodpoints

You can exchange iri for bp. Go to the shrine of secrets and buy any perk you already have unlocked.

Yah I know there's a work around but I kinda mean it more like teading in x amount when your a little short to buys something

Maybe Iris could be used to buy specific perks/add ons without having to wait through the web?

• ZarathosZarathos Member Posts: 1,905

Take out the tiered perks. Purchase a perk at its final tier for double the price. It must be a nightmare programing different tiers for every perk might as well do away with it. People aren't playing your game for the grind. Tier 1 devour hope vs tier 2 dh is crazy in terms of power.

The people aren't happy to grind but there business model kind of requires it. Also as much as people don't think the grind is great skinner boxes are a thing becuase they work ti some degree or another on just about everyone

• ShapedShaped Member Posts: 5,323
    edited September 2021

I don't have much problem with bp personally since I am not so new to the game anymore nor am I completionist.

For me it is the shards. I love cosmetics but 100 levels for one outfit is absurd.

• AGMAGM Member Posts: 569

Remove perk tiers. Reduce cost of everything on the bloodweb by 1000. Increase multipliers of bloodpoint offerings (by like, a lot.) People don't realize just how awful the return of investment on those are. Right now, the single category multipliers are lucky to net you 1-3k bp per game. The only ones really worth it currently are streamers/cakes/puddings.

• White_OwlWhite_Owl Member Posts: 3,673

I love this idea. Doesn't destroy completely the grind and gives more purpose to prestige.

• ZarathosZarathos Member Posts: 1,905

Not when you can get the same quality of play from somewhere else. The progression obsession is a fallacy when applied to the entertainment industry. So many pieces of media is vying for your attention and a grind one takes to the extreme will reduce player retention especially when baseline game mechanic's like bt and ds is unavailable to newer players.

You may want to take a brief glance at the free to play market where games are designed to have lower quality play but are successful becuase of it.