Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
Reminder for Forum Users, please do not share codes here. This is something that is expressly against the rules of this forum.

Why is it ‘just do bones’ for survivors, but instantly making boon perks useless?

It’s just a new self care now and a crap version of lucky break that takes time to set up.

Meanwhile, killers get NOED with zero conditions unless all totems are cleansed, which is impossible to do in solo queue without throwing the game. Circle of healing didn’t ‘baby’ survivors like NOED does, which literally keeps killers from improving. Why bother when NOED does all the work for you? Why bother if you can camp someone to death with no counter?

Survivors have to deal with killers camping them almost every game, whilst all killers have to suffer is teabagging, and they still think that’s the most toxic part of the game lol. Not the actual bullshit side of killers, that could be fixed if BHVR actually spent a minute thinking about how to rebalance the game so that it’s not blatantly toxic towards solo survivors.

Comments

• WexlerWendigoWexlerWendigo Member Posts: 1,867

They’re not, they’re absolute garbage. I’d rather just use medkit + we’ll make it or lucky break. They should’ve removed the stacking and tested it from there, not make multiple nerfs without even seeing the impact of one.

• nicnc82nicnc82 Member Posts: 351

They said they were working on ways to punish camping.

• Lochnload_exeLochnload_exe Member Posts: 1,255

The difference between those is if the killer doesn't deal with the boon, you have permanent we'll make it on all teammates, as well as not needing to have a medkit, I can run a different item and I still get a 16 second heal. Sure the first totem is 14 seconds (24 on hexes) but after that you don't need to keep resetting them. The nerfs are fine and reasonable, they didn't even change the strengths of the boons, just removed the clearly unfair stuff. Why use we'll make it or lucky break when I can bring circle of healing and shadow step, which gives me access to an infinite medkit, 100% healing speed on teammates and for teammates on me, distortion, and lucky break lmao

• nicnc82nicnc82 Member Posts: 351

I understand you. As a killer main that never camps and very very rarely tunnels, boon totems didn't bother me. I played with them in the ptb. I feel they should take longer for killers to snuff out instead of just 2 seconds. And still stack but reduce the radius to about 16m.

• Guest1567432Guest1567432 Member Posts: 728

Still op in my opinion...should have made the range 8 meters.

• Hektic3000Hektic3000 Member Posts: 674
    edited October 2021

Circle of Healing is not just the new self care. It gives survivors aside from the one using it effectively 5 perks, its got the same healing speed value as wglf and we'll make it if you heal in a way that isn't on yourself and it can last indefinitely. The fact that you think its any less is questionable since you seem to have such a big gripe with NOED.

Meanwhile Shadow Step gives you no scratch marks or aura reading again for an indefinite amount of time and you think that's not good? Say we pair iron will with shadow step then it becomes really hard to track survivors aside from blood, but many of the maps have dark colored floors making blood tracking too inconsistent.

All this to say we still can't exclude that the killer can never really get rid of boons and can only disable them through the match while they do all the other duties they have under a time limit. Boons have to be so important that survivors can place them over hexes and the devs feel like that's a good interaction because the idea of a survivor not having perks to use is unthinkable.

But you feel like NOED is such a big deal, a killer playing with only 3 perks until the endgame and then they could still not get any value from it.

Again this just shows that for some reason or another survivors act like they are just incapable of doing bones and will try to make any case against having to.

• botraxbotrax Member Posts: 633

The difference is boon perk work for your entire team not just for yourself. The only time blessing a totem will take 24 sec is when its a hex perk on a dull totem its still the same time. If you still believe the boon perk are bad no one will be able to change your mind but for a player like me who only use DH in all my build those perk will be op if my teamate can use them.

• MunqaxusMunqaxus Member Posts: 2,752

They'll be used but they won't replace Meta perks. They're slightly better than Self Care but worse than Decisive Strike and the rest of the Meta Perks.

• TMNoThumbsTMNoThumbs Member Posts: 120

The range may have been an issue on multi-level maps like midwich or the game. Not sure.

• Mister_xDMister_xD Member Posts: 7,520

and in addition to that, unlike the Survivors, the Killer does not have the time to just run around and look for totems.

the Killer is the one under constant high time pressure, meaning they cant just go out of their way specifically for those totems - Survivors on the other hand are the ones dictating the speed of the game, meaning that if they go out of their way to hunt down totems, that is not going to hurt them nearly as much as it does with Killers and just slightly delay the game by a few seconds.

not to mention that Survivors share that same objective over a 4 man team, meaning that if one person goes to look for totems, the other 3 will still be progressing their objective, once again this does not apply to Killer. If you go on a totem hunt as Killer, your objective will not progress in the slightest.

and on top of all of that, as you mentioned yourself, Survivors get to place their Boons indefinitely. This means that a Killer just taking some time out of their busy schedule to hunt down Boons isnt actually going to get rid of them, it merely delays their effect to the next time Survivors bless a totem - this does not apply to Hexes, so Survivors only ever need to take time out of their schedule once to get rid of them, while the Killer is going to have to repeatedly do that.

so yeah, OP comparing Hexes to Boons is kind of ridiculous, given that they are so different to one another. Thats like comparing apples to pears, it doesnt work.

• Mr_KMr_K Member Posts: 7,715

Old selfcare maybe. Plus We'll Make it for anyone healing eachother.

• OhnoesOhnoes Member Posts: 608

Other than not stacking and -4m what was changed? Both of those sound fine. I do think people def got a bad impression tho just because of a certain incredibly misleading video made it seem like it was just a single totem instead of 4 overlapping.

• OldHunterLightOldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,000

Boon totems useless with the nerf they said lmao, sure buddy, I am an attack helicopter that shoots doughnuts while spitting coke through my ears.

They are still far from useless.

• ZozzyZozzy Member Posts: 4,759

Shove it in an inconvenient place for the killer to get to and enjoy having zero pressure against you and maximum gen efficiency because you don't need to waste time healing others.

If the killer takes the time to break the totem then thats a win win because they just spent 20 seconds walking to the totem and then 20 seconds walking back. You just got a 2 man gen done for free! and you can just walk on over and pop it back on the totem.

Its busted and will be constantly complained about like old DS.

• AvilgusAvilgus Member Posts: 1,223

100% TRUE, especially when the killer bring a map or an anti-totem perk, while the 3 other killers hold m1 and distract the survivor !

• ReikoMoriReikoMori Member Posts: 2,234

NOED only works in one specific section of game time, can be absolutely countered before it even has a chance to go active, provides no passive benefits during the rest of the game which makes the killer essentially only have 3 perks to use. Then there is the fact that survivors seem to think someone with NOED is a bad player when they have more tools to find and break totems than killer has to protect totems. A bad player is someone who refuses to use the tools at their disposal and complains when they lose to something they could have prevented.

Boon totems give survivors even more reasons to seek out totems as they can now be used for your benefit and the effects aren't minor by any stretch. And to top it off there is nothing that counters boon totems other than the killer finding it and stomping it, but your can just relight it when they leave the area if you want to a feature killers have been asking for in regards to hexes only to be denied until Undying was made then denied again when Undying was reworked into just protecting 1 totem once.

The people who complain the most about NOED have a trend of saying "I shouldn't have to do bones", "I don't want to do bones", "Doing bones means I can't rush gens" (This last one is a real thing that said btw). Yes, it makes you have to prioritize something other than gens which after 5 years as an objective has been optimized to hell and back. If you don't like dealing with totems just do your dang bones and now you can do bones and get a AOE buff for doing it.

• UnifallUnifall Member Posts: 749

Boons needed to be nerfed. Imo they should have never come into the game. The killer has to chase, kick gens, patrol hooks, gens, play more mind games on survivors that require time. Which is important in this game. Adding "do bones" for killers would add another game play mechanic that isn't necessary for the killer side.

• BrimpBrimp Member Posts: 1,533

You're ignoring the fact that shadowstep also hides auras so you can bless a totem next to a gen and you can just keep working on it not worrying about bbq or other aura reading perks. also a 16 second heal without a medkit is huge and a 8 second heal is even better. Also you say noed had no conditions.... even though their conditions is letting the game progress to end game or by my standards, running most of the trail 3 perked for a reward in a possible power spike.

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 21,675
    edited October 2021

4 survivors, 5 totems, 1 killer. That's why.

EDIT: Oh, and survivors have totem-locating perks and items. Killers do not.

• StarLostStarLost Member Posts: 6,323

Useless...what?

Let's be honest here, they were brokenly OP, especially with stacking. Zero risk, could make teams almost immortal and they can *still* be resummoned endlessly.

Now, at least, they will require a bit of setup and foresight to be powerful. I'd guess that they are still going to be a touch strong.

• ThiccBudhhaThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,525

And oddly enough, with boon totems, there is now another activation condition. No boons can be lit if there isn't a free dull. Boon perks are added counterplay to NOED if you ask me. They make it worth the survivors time to set them up as far as I am concerned.

• HannaciaHannacia Member Posts: 677

Boons are still too strong. They should be 1 time only.

Medkids are easily countered, Bring franklins. Boons just keep reappearing and in maps with downstairs and upstairs they are going to be pain in the backside.

• burt0rburt0r Member Posts: 2,753

Oh no another master baiter got banned.