Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Why is it that some people unironically believe that escaping = skill?

FrostySealFrostySeal Member Posts: 506
edited October 2021 in General Discussions

Seriously, I'm not sure if it's just bait I'm falling for but I've seen people who actually believe that escaping in DBD is a proper measurement of skill. My question to those people is how? How is escaping proper representation of skill? Does that mean if I urban evade throughout the entire map and just hide in lockers that I'm more skillful then the than the survivor who did 4 generators, saved people off of hook multiple times, and looped the killer for minutes on end but got abandoned or face camped before they were able to escape?

Comments

• R2kR2k Member Posts: 1,069

Game goal is to kill/escape. U can't change it. So there's no point to fight about it if you think it's not.

If a guy afked for whole 20 min, he is [Bad word] but it's his strategy to survive even if you don't accept it.

• OldHunterLightOldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,000

Maybe you got it wrong, but escaping means skill in bhvr's eyes not in the players' eyes.

People know that escaping does not represent skill in any way possible.

Just yesterday I set some rules for me as survivor, basically a escape asap.

Killers were really good but hey in bhvr's eyes they suck since I escaped fast.

I went 7 matches in a streak of escaping on (assuming mid to high mmr) while it isn't that much it isn't a hard thing to do.

So no, if people think they are good because they escaped then they have no reason to talk in arguments or discussion.

• ad19970ad19970 Member Posts: 4,722

Escape is an indication of skill, but not a full representation. Survivors that have higher escape rates are definitely more likely to be good at the game though, both in playing well as a team and doing gens well, and being good at looping.

But escaping as the only measurement of skill in this game is just completely false in my opinion. There are more factors to account for to judge a survivor players skill for sure, which is why the current MMR really shouldn't be called skill based matchmaking.

• BardonBardon Member Posts: 677

Well, escaping is the sole criteria BHVR are using for survivor's MMR ratings so apparently the devs think that's the only thing that counts, you can't blame people for following that lead.

Personally I think their rationale for MMR is utterly nuts but I'm just a newbie.

• Mr_KMr_K Member Posts: 7,706

You skillfully crossed the threshold while teabagging or clicking your flashlight.