Home Dead by Daylight Forums Feedback Feedback and Suggestions

Gen speed

justbecausejustbecause Member Posts: 1,521

Is this ever gonna be addressed?

So you started first chase right? Survivor in chase has unlimited safe loops and pallets because no one wasted any since they're first to be chased... 3 survivors do 3 gens in that time... How are you supposed to get those 12 hooks or 10 or however it takes to get average 2 kills? Because u could have been hooking other ppl so it could take 10 hooks before 2k but by first chase 3 gens are about to be done what they think killers are? ######### wonder woman?

Post edited by Rizzo90 on

Comments

• justbecausejustbecause Member Posts: 1,521

Alright I do understand this but there should be a "fair" way to win don't u think instead promoting and forcing me to do such a boring thing as camping.

I didn't meant fair like letting them do all they want and please them but personally camping is boring and if I'm forced to do nothing while I play video game it's either problem in them or me because I don't feel like I want to just do nothing while playing

• SleepyWilloSleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,130

I mean... kill rates dont seem to imply that gen speeds are much of an issue...

• edgarpoopedgarpoop Member Posts: 5,564
    edited October 2021

Build accordingly. Any killer not taking Corrupt Intervention is kind of throwing if the survivors are any good. You have free pressure if the survivor in chase doesn't have the game sense to take the chase into the corrupted gens. You start the trial with 3 blocked, and then it's up to the first survivor to run you away from the other 4 gens. You can change targets when Corrupt Intervention is up without losing too much because the map is compressed, especially if you have another perk like Ruin up.

When there is no Corrupt Intervention: survivors can take chases anywhere and the other survivors can adjust position and still work on gens.

When there is Corrupt Intervention: survivors have to take chases to a specific spot or else the 4 available gens get interrupted. It's not just blocking 3 gens. It functionally blocks more depending on where the chase ends up.

You shouldn't be playing for a 12 hook game if you're simply trying to win. No good team is getting 12 hooked by a killer other than Nurse/Blight. Even Spirit isn't 12 hooking if the survivors have good spacing. How much are you trying to win? Confirm stages when it's optimal to do, and don't chase fresh hook survivors mid to late game. Hooking two survivors 3 times each and hooking the other 2 once to end on a 4k is the exact same result as a 12 hook 4k. The difference is efficiency.

• GrimoireWeissGrimoireWeiss Member Posts: 1,182

I was talking about this with a friend the other day. It's super weird to think this game even has a normal walking animation. Everybody is just focused on running all the time.

• JunylarJunylar Member Posts: 1,440

Try playing solo survivor and you will open new horizons.

• ThraxThrax Member Posts: 928

you need to steer the chase not just follow.

As a matter of fact I'm just playing solo queue rn guess my horizonts didn't change no doubt solo is hell too but im here talking about gen speed not if players are bad enough to not repair them or be allergic to them gens are naturally fast but sometime team mates are allergic to it

• FirelliusFirellius Member Posts: 2,096

It's easier to pressure 3 gens than it is to pressure 7. The game naturally shifts a bit more into the killer's control towards the end, so don't get hung up on the first few gens. I once had only 2 hooks by the time the third gen was done, and after the fourth gen, they were unable to get any meaningful progress, since the remaining three gens were in areas with no pallets left, leaving them little room to defend themselves. I was able to lock them down entirely and ultimately got a 4K.

Only the fifth gen is really of consequence, and even that is softened up if you have the build for it.

I'm not playing it for honor code it's just that camping is doing nothing basically not interacting with game whatsoever while it's viable strategy I don't feel like it should be only way to remotely have chance of winning

• PulsarPulsar Member Posts: 13,224

The issues with Kill Rates have been explained ad nauseum.

• TrickstaaaaaTrickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,256
    edited October 2021

Welcome to ego city, where people like to boast about how good they are in a 4 vs. 1 asymmetrical game, in other words a handicapped game. Anyway this is why a survival mode sounds perfect getting rid of the most boring part of the game, aka gens. All both roles have to focus on is surviving, were there is a 15 minute timer and the survivors have to do is outplay the killer long enough or hide. So it would be a pure chase mode.

Agree with this something more like f13 although we don't need copy of it sure could have used some ideas game is pure fun for both roles survivors don't just sit around pressing m1 whole game and killer doesn't just gets slammed in head by 100438 pallets on every map

• MigrantTheGreatMigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,291

Gen speeds aren't the problem. The problem comes from survivors lacking a objective prior to gens.

I mean - same with gen speeds but here we are. "three survivors worked on gens while I only chased (pressured) one of them?! gen speeds are insane". Its like they dont understand the game is based around survivors having to focus on unhooks, chases and doing gens all at the same time and you realistically will just lose 2 to 3 gens before you can snowball efficiently.

Its the same conversations on this forum constantly. At first I thought it was just new players who werent around when these things have been rehashed but now it feels like we're just getting trolled...

• PulsarPulsar Member Posts: 13,224

The issue is that the Kill Rate stats have been proven to be inaccurate.

Gen speeds do go that fast when you're good. Even a 30 second chase at the beginning of the game can lose you 2 gens rather consistently and 3 on occasion.

Yeah try playing killer and see how it goes for you... You're saying it like u have any option at start by pressuring all of them first you don't know where they are running over map makes no sense even if first match lasts 40-50 seconds which would be solid considering all pallets are up it costs you 3 gens so yeah u got hook now what? 2 others works on 2 other gens 1 comes in rescue u chase away another one again all 3 are ready to go work work on gens while u Chase other person

Also we've been testing gen speed no prove thyself, no toolboxes no any perk that helps with gens... Guess what it took us whole 4 mins to do all 5 gens.... Waiting in lobby takes more time to find match than repairing gens

• ZozzyZozzy Member Posts: 4,759

Ah, yes i remember the low ranks fondly. Enjoy it while you can 👍️

edited October 2021

I do play killer actually and have been red rank on both for a good few years now (not that ranks matter but the same people that try to "main this" "main that" typically go for rank when they've been proven wrong there).

I'm saying it's EXPECTED that you lose a few gens before you get your first hooks. Do you really have to have everyone death hook before the firat gen pops? If it upsets you so much just use corrupt to mitigate it.

I assume you're new enough (no offence)? DbD is far easier now to play killer than it has ever been so I assume if you weren't around for actual infinites, 2 window shack, etc. where good killers were still able to 4k and didn't blame "gen rush"...

• NAERUUUNAERUUU Member Posts: 385

I Have an answer for you :

play spirit

• ThiccBudhhaThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,420

Good killers struggle to 4k now because of mmr. Back when there were infinites, and 2 window shack (lol, Behavior is crazy, man) they played against bad survivors. So I really do not understand your point.

• Dino7281Dino7281 Member Posts: 3,294

Gen speed is fine, spawns are bigger problem.

• ClumsyTrapperClumsyTrapper Member Posts: 543

The devs want the flow of the game to be survivors smash gens early bc their spawn is unknown making them strong killer weak bc of lack of info.

Early - mid killer chases breaks pallets gets a down and takes the advantage having more info and giving survivors more objectives, then1 kill before all gens are done.

Then finally all gens done killer goes to one gate gets one more kill and the other 2 survivors escape out the other gate

So yes gen speeds are fine thier suppose to fly early

• jesterkindjesterkind Member Posts: 3,674

This is much more on the money imo. Spawns and other factors, not gen speed. Maybe some gen speed addons/perks should be looked at, but the time it takes to do generators at base is definitely not the problem.

Also, the fact that the beginning of the game has nothing at all for the survivors to do as they spawn in other than latch on to a generator. Obviously a huge second objective would make the game very substantially different, but things like boon totems to encourage doing something other than a generator at the start of the match are very much the right move to make, so I hope we see more like that in the future.

• Dino7281Dino7281 Member Posts: 3,294
    edited October 2021

Why would you use boon totem at the start of the game, when everyone is healthy?

You want to do gen first.

Problem is when you have each survivor spawned alone near gen, then killer just lost 3 gens for 1 down and there is not much he can do about it.

I would make it that everyone starts together on other side of the map than killer. You can move offerings that change spawning to survivors. So killer at least know about it and can try change play-style to counter it, somehow...

Of course, when everyone use Brand New Part, then balance on gen speed in out of the window.

• jesterkindjesterkind Member Posts: 3,674

I said like boon totems. I don't think boon totems are really going to be enough on their own, but they're a great direction to go in to see what else can be added in a similar vein. Though, to be fair, it's possible they'll add boon perks that are more useful at the very start of the match, though idk what those'd be.

Fixing spawns is definitely required no matter what else they do, though.

This discussion has been closed.