Home Dead by Daylight Forums Bug Reporting

Infinite Loading Screens

Comments

• MysticwarriormjMysticwarriormj Member Posts: 93

I had the issue while playing killer, just a really long never ending loading screen. I closed the game out after a few minutes.

• SkylarPupSkylarPup Member Posts: 64
    edited October 2021

I'm currently streaming and in a infinite loading screen right now.

Maikela Reid, Solo Survivor, Cross-Play On, Steam. It's been happening since the Mid-Chapter update.

This is the second infinite loading screen issue I had happened since my stream started.

• GenJockeyNanceGenJockeyNance Member Posts: 581

It's only happened to me once so far. I was playing Spirit, I was loading into a match that never actually got in game.

PS4 - Crossplay enabled.

• LellynaLellyna Member Posts: 3

this has happend to me solo queue 2 man 3 man and 4 man it seems to be random can't dertemine what causes it

on steam

• palotheaspalotheas Member Posts: 116

It's happened a couple times to me now, last time was just now.

I was playing solo queue survivor, normal matchmaking with crossplay on. The loading screen was for loading into the match.

Some extra info: Took about 8 minutes before someone dced, I'm assuming it was the killer since I could still see the ping of all the survivors in the end screen and the killer had the dc icon. Also 1 survivor was on a different platform and the killer was on a different platform. I'm playing on pc on steam.

• KariFrozenKariFrozen Member Posts: 1

so some matches where the killer leaves and i see what map it is its the maps that add-ons are dissabled for

• Gooby_v1Gooby_v1 Member Posts: 2

Playing on Steam

Loading into a match, all Survivors on PC (Steam), Killer is either PC or Console.

Cross-Play is ON

• MaDWaSTeDMaDWaSTeD Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2021

I play on Xbox Series X

Could it be happening if the game is trying to give us a specific map? And since the game has 5 map offerings disabled, but a chance to still get those maps, maybe those maps arent loading properly?

Things i do know,

- Has happened regardless of what survivor i play (Mikaela, Yui, and Jake had it all happen to me, my teammates played as other survivors and also experienced this issue)

- Has NOT happened whenever i bring in a map offering for a specific map (obviously only the ones that are not disabled)

Edit :: This occured while bringing in the Ortmond Resort offering.

• JagoJago Member Posts: 1,418

Chain blocked trying to play killer.

Nice event.

• FeryGENFeryGEN Member Posts: 343

Out of 10 matches for Nemesis, I got into infinite 8 times, while I noticed that if I do not take offerings, then I get into infinite more often (possible coincidence). I have a VIDEO where I downloaded endlessly! Yes Yes! I was waiting.

• foolishmortalsfoolishmortals Member Posts: 29
    edited October 2021

Playing on Steam. Playing as the Plague. Loading into a match. Brought a bloodpoints offering from a past event and I don't want to give it up, so here I sit until someone else disconnects.

Hey, someone did as I was writing this, so I'm free! The map would have been Temple of Purgation. Cross-platform is currently enabled.

Edit: Here I am again. Survivor solo queue. Crossplay still on.

Post edited by foolishmortals on
  • cricketscornercricketscorner Member Posts: 1,092
    edited October 2021

For me the issue occurs when loading into a match any time a survivor plays a map offering. I used previous survivors and the newest survivor, and it happened regardless.

Edit: PC/Steam, 3-4 players in SWF with crossplay on

• GhostbabeGhostbabe Member Posts: 1

I've gotten the infinite loading screen everytime I try to play killer. I've changed my set up but it hasn't helped. The survivors aren't the issue either, I just can't seem to play killer. Which is very frustrating. Playing on Xbox.

My Crossplay is ON

• IceTeaIceTea Member Posts: 4

I am playing premade with 1-2 other friends, cross platform enabled, cannot load into many games, I can play maybe 1-2 games before not being able to load into another due to “disconnects” but it’s been happening for hours now.

• ThePoliceThePolice Member Posts: 746

Loading into a match as nemisis, so far it’s happened twice on him and nobody else

• TheShapesMixtapeTheShapesMixtape Member Posts: 4,256
    edited October 2021

Just got a very long loading screen that ended in this. Hopefully this helps

edit : happened again

• DroelzelDroelzel Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2021

Playing on steam.

3 party lobby. Mikaela, Dwight and Nea

In the match lobby the 4th player was on steam too (Ace).

It always happens to me when i dont click the "ready" button in the match lobby.

Crossplay on

Edit: I realize that every time i have an Event Challenge, infinite loading screen happens. Also everytime i restart the game the challenge deactivates.

Post edited by Droelzel on
  • rflagg28rflagg28 Member Posts: 1

Its been fine most of the day but in the past 30 minutes, it’s happened every match. Most recent one was was 3.5 minutes on the loading screen before getting error code 500. Xbox Series X, cross play enabled, solo queue, Feng, Nea, and two Mikaelas.

• James4125James4125 Member Posts: 167

Every game I've played so far since the update. Xbox one cross play on.

• MikeasaurusMikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,325

10 times in a row now. Attempted to play as Spirit. Tried removing any equipped challenges, perks, add-ons, offerings. Always ended up in an endless loading screen. Survivors have always been varied so no specific one are always in the lobby.

PS4 w/Crossplay active.

• KadinskyKadinsky Member Posts: 5

playing on xbox gamepass on the PC, Infinite load screens have occurred when loading in the match.

This happens after the offerings screen, with crossplay enabled.

• DeadeyeDeadeye Member Posts: 3,498
    edited October 2021

I had it multiple times today, crossplay on, playing on steam.

So far I only had it while loading into a match, I think I always have been on SWF today

• LapisInfernalisLapisInfernalis Member Posts: 2,093

It only happens when loading into the match. I have crossplay enabled. Even if someone closes the game when this happens, the match isn't cancelled but is stuck in the loading screen.

• feeblecurvefeeblecurve Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2021

Solo survivor and killer I can get into the loading screen right before the match It seems to affect the other players and when one leaves the loading stops and goes to end of game screen it started on the 20th of October and still happens there has been no expectations so far I have cross play and I play on x box 1s

Also I have turned off cross play and it now works

• kDarkokDarko Member Posts: 38

It happens to me almost every match when it's night in my country (Spain); I dare to say 4/5 times I try to join a match I end up closing the game to restart. During the day it happens few times too. At this point, playing Dbd after having dinner is a lottery; I don't decide if I play a game; the game decides if it wants to be played by me.

PD: the match I get to play I go to Haddonfield as killer... x)

• agonizingagonizing Member Posts: 164

Platform: Steam/PC

Role: Survivor

Queue: Solo

I noticed that when I equipped the new Steve perk, the one that used to be Second Wind, it caused the game to be infinite load.

Thats the only thing I changed in my build and it started happening.

• ASurvkillivorerASurvkillivorer Member Posts: 1,543

Didn't have it all day now 3 straight times I have it.

• Nathan13Nathan13 Member Posts: 5,825

Stuck in another infinite loading screen on XB1. 😡😡😡

• feeblecurvefeeblecurve Member Posts: 3

I posted one already but I turned off cross-play and now I can play but I do not think I can turn it back on and not have the infinite loading

• candlekittycandlekitty Member Posts: 1

It happened to both me and the person I was playing with, as well as someone in our custom last night but only when my partner played killer (with perks).

Platform: PS4 Console (for everyone)

Cross-Platform: On I believe?

Who everyone was playing: I was playing Dwight but it also happened whilst playing Nea and Cheryl, while my partner (whose playing killer triggered this) played Ghostface, Legion, and Doctor, and our friend was playing Feng Min each time.

We were playing a custom and everyone joined either through invitation or by simply joining from the Friends menu on PS4. My partner seems to believe it only happens because of perks being on. We just tested this by trying to play a custom game (just me and my partner there this time) without any perks, items, or add-ons at all and it loaded through fine.

This discussion has been closed.