Home Dead by Daylight Forums Bug Reporting
We have been investigating cases of distributed denial of services (DDoS) over the last week. We take these reports extremely seriously. We're actively monitoring the situation internally and with our partners to gather as much information as possible and identify trends.

We are terribly sorry to those who have been affected by these attacks- we understand the impact this has on you. We are taking every appropriate measure to ensure the safety of our players.

We encourage our players to report to us any cases of DDoS, as well as any other form of inappropriate or abusive behaviour in the game. In the meantime, we encourage you to stay safe and follow best practices for online safety.

Medkit not giving a full heal

conrudy24conrudy24 Member Posts: 10

I’ve had this happen on so many occasions since the new update. I’ll bring in a medkit with 16 or 32 charges and as it runs out, I’m left with a full progress bar of healing but still injured. I didn’t miss any skill checks, killer didn’t have the doctor perk to make it last less. It’s just not giving me a full heal.

75 votes

Need more info · Last Updated

Please put your log files in the comment section if you have had this bug - they need to be the log files of the last match you played where you had the issue.

Comments

• EquusEquus Member Posts: 282

Noticed this as well, I had a yellow medkit with bandages + medical scissors but only got 1 heal out of it and didn't get the full second heal...

• BunzmasterBunzmaster Member Posts: 7

I am noticing this aswell. 16 charges is always just short of a full heal.

I am playing on Xbox Series X and since the update 16 charges isn't enough to get a full heal. Bar is full, medkit is depleted, but I'm still injured.

Another survivor will come along and literally just touch me for a split second and I'm healed.

• himhearthimheart Member Posts: 26

Same. I played for the first time after the chapter release today, I was using yellow medkit with Bandages (8 extra charges) and Butterfly Tape (slightly increases healing speed). Fully depleted the medkit and it was not enough for the second heal, like it was 1 charge missing. It happened at least 5 times in different matches.

• jacindazsjacindazs Member Posts: 136

Noticed. The bug 16+16 medkid = 31 heal is BACK.

Just for sure... I healed myself without any great skillcheck or missed skillcheck. pure classic heal only.

same situation for:

brown medkid + 2 addons with 8 charges (=16+16=32=>2 heals)

yellow medkid + 1 addon 8 charges (= 24+8=32)

both situatios - 1 full heal and 98% heal

• JawsIsTheNextKillerJawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 2,775

Same. green medkit with no addons.

• MandyTalkMandyTalk Administrator, Co-ordinator, BHVR Posts: 15,800

If anyone experiences this, can you please upload your game logs here? Thank you

1. Press Windows Key + R to bring up "Run". 

2. Type this in the "Run" prompt: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\DeadByDaylight\Saved\Logs 

3. The file called "DeadByDaylight.log" is your log file. Please attach it in your reply.

Here is mine. Not sure, which game. But it happened twice for sure

• BenSanderson55BenSanderson55 Member Posts: 24
    edited November 2

Same on ps4. Toolboxes sometimes do the same thing.

Post edited by BenSanderson55 on
  • CookieBearCookieBear Member Posts: 1,399

Happened to me too

• EXPERIMENTONGODEXPERIMENTONGOD Member Posts: 27
    edited October 25

Also happened to me. Used a yellow medkit with an 8 extra charges addon (24+8 = 32) and I could only heal once, it's like it had 31 charges instead of 32. If you don't get any great skillchecks you won't get healed fully.

• R1ch4rd_N1x0nR1ch4rd_N1x0n Member Posts: 1,129
    edited October 25

This happened to me with an Alex's Toolbox, which has 24 charges, enough to break 4 hooks, however, the fourth hook I went to break didn't finish. The bar appeared to fill completely but then the toolbox was depleted, despite having 6 charges left, and the hook did not break.

• pushkinapushkina Member Posts: 121

Happened for me too on ps 4

• realflashbossrealflashboss Member Posts: 204

Yup same on ps5. Brown medkits sometimes dont fullly heal by 1% or something

We really need logs on this please, whilst I appreciate the comments showing how many people are affected by it - logs would be incredibly helpful.

I already sent it. Do you need more? Should I ask friends or today try simulate situation?

• BenSanderson55BenSanderson55 Member Posts: 24

Is there a way to give logs from ps4? I'm not aware of a way.

yes please, it needs to be the last match played as well - so when you didn't get the heal correctly, the logs from that match.

ok, today we will try simulate situation. We should be 3 so we can use different medkits. I will upload logs ASAP

• FairP1ayerFairP1ayer Member Posts: 483

I also want to mention Green Medkits aren’t giving the increased healing speed bonuses for yourself or others. I didn’t see a fix in the patch notes so I’m assuming this was not fixed today.

@MandyTalk

Brown medkit founded in chest - 99% health state - Log attached

(instead of this I tryed green with green addon and double heal was correct)

• dontpanic503dontpanic503 Member Posts: 37

Can't provide logs as I'm on Switch, but same thing here. Happened with a Yellow medkit + bandages and a Green medkit. Both times was left injured but with a full heal bar. Not every time, only started with mid-chapter patch.

• Pony_BaloneyPony_Baloney Member Posts: 12

Yup, this has happened to me multiple times with any items that have charges. Medkits and also toolboxes too. (Not getting the 4th sabotage with Alex’s toolbox).

Is it enough?

• SheffieldSheffield Member Posts: 43

Here the sme problem. 3x now 99% heal and Medkit is empty.

1x Yellow Medkit with 24 charges + 8 with Add on

2x Brown Medkit with 16 charges + no Add on

@jacindazs thank you so much for doing that, I really do appreciate it - I will get those to the team <3

• charlie313charlie313 Member Posts: 1

Same on PS5 had so many games lost because i couldn't fully heal the first or second time