Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Another day, another camper.

Voodoo101Voodoo101 Member Posts: 237
edited October 2021 in General Discussions

Every day I seem to meet a hook camper. These players do not even try to play the game. They get the closest person, hook them and then stand at the hook, waiting for the next person to come and save them.

I really don't understand the mentality of it. When I play killer I play to win of course, but I play to get bloodpoints, XP and the fun of it. To hook somebody and spend the game stood in the same area just seems boring, and then to have to keep doing that game after game just to get a few bloodpoints each game must be so tedious.

If I chase more survivors and get more hooks, not only do I get more points, but I also have the fun of making the game last longer, especially after waiting to get into a game. If I lose and the survivors escape, I still get more bloodpoints and if the survivors are better then me, then they deserve to escape. I would much rather lose then just chancing into a hit and standing there.

A message to campers, go and try to play the game, you may find you actually enjoy the game more. If you are that bad at playing that you have to camp then carry on, but expect people to see you as what you are.

Post edited by Rizzo90 on

Comments

• Mr_KMr_K Member Posts: 7,423

Because someone will always come.

• JunylarJunylar Member Posts: 1,440

After that dead hard hit validation I'm going to mostly play Bubba and facecamp the first hook every game. I can tolerate boon totems, but hit validation that grants a third health state to survivors for free is too much.

• Voodoo101Voodoo101 Member Posts: 237

See, this just shows the mentality of the players. I don't care if people camp, I die and go onto the next game. I was just trying to help people get the best out of the game. I guess this is why we are getting longer queues now, cause the talent has gone out of the game. Its easy just to camp and gen rush.

Another good game down the pan with poor players. What a shame, let's hope VHS is good.

• ThiccBudhhaThiccBudhha Member Posts: 5,911

It just depends on my mood. I have a rushdown Leatherface build, I have a Basement Bubba build. Those are for specific needs. My general Cannibal build is what I typically run as I can do both and change my mind during the game.

Some clown used deliverance in my face and hit me with DS, so as you can imagine I facecamped him with joy. The worst part is I got two downed with a chainsaw rush as they tried to save them last minute. You know what I did? I let them reset purposely to play the game out. Why? Because I do what I want regardless of survivor opinion.

• FrndlyChnswSalzmnFrndlyChnswSalzmn Member Posts: 705
    edited October 2021

Camping an annoying survivor out of the game is fun. The same way fishing is fun and challenging.

Post edited by Rizzo90 on
  • Voodoo101Voodoo101 Member Posts: 237

Yes I agree, camping an annoying survivor out is fun, but I did not talk about that, I spoke about the ones who only camp because they cannot play the game.

Looking at the post on here, I fear the game is on it's way to dying anyway, with killers crying about boon totems, perks, it being survivor sided. Then when people say anything about camping, then you see the responses that are one here.

RIP Dead by Daylight. It was nice knowing you.

• hikenhiken Member Posts: 837

you see them all the time actually i think that is completely fine when 5 gens are done, nothing to complain there, gates are most likely 99... but forcing second stages with 5 gens is indeed extremely annoying, and wrong IMO, i never do it when i play killer but i will camp the last hook tho, i sure will but with 5 gens forcing second stages? disgusting.

• Powder_KegsPowder_Kegs Member Posts: 66

Camping is the killer equivalent to gen rushing. Specifically proxy camping. Face camping is much slower so it would be the equivalent to tapping all the gens

• SoylentPixieSoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,078

Meh, camping is never going to go away. Either hang there and let your team mates do gens unbothered for a few minutes or sacrifice yourself on the hook and get yourself into another game.

I've run into 3 different stealth hook camping ghost faces today. First two I just hung there with my kindred popping him out of stealth while team mates slammed gens. The last one I sacrificed because the team mates were being lemmings and practically trying to give the dude a 4k.

• FrndlyChnswSalzmnFrndlyChnswSalzmn Member Posts: 705

You're making excuses. the simple fact is tactics that work will be used. Survivors loop because it works, for example. Stop being biased.

• CrazewtboyCrazewtboy Member Posts: 1,093

We all know the campers are there. We have all seen them. The best thing to do is to get better at hiding/running. Don't be the first caught, then rush the gens while the killer camps. Ultimately they did pay for the game just like you, and as long as they aren't blatantly cheating, they can play how they want regardless of how enjoyable others find it. It sucks, but there is always another game.

• slendermansmoomslendermansmoom Member Posts: 539

Another day another bubba

• TheDuhJTheDuhJ Member Posts: 475

MMR is based on kills not emblems if I recall... hence your experiences

• EvilJoshyEvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,117

Considering how unhappy killers have been lately. Your lucky to have found a match at all.

• CleviteClevite Member Posts: 4,335

My q times as survivor are instant.

HBU?

My killer times actually take a bit.

• PhasmamainPhasmamain Member Posts: 9,427

BHVR also said they are working on a fix for face camping and hate the strategy

• EvilJoshyEvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,117

Im curious how they will "fix" face camping considering they tried before, failed and told us killer needs to be able to defend the hook.

• PhasmamainPhasmamain Member Posts: 9,427

Yeah knowing them it’ll be like the early game collapse all over again

• ThraxThrax Member Posts: 841

Makes kills real easy.

• burt0rburt0r Member Posts: 2,502
    edited October 2021

Very comprehensive, since queue times depend on time of day, region and X-Play on/off (alternatively platform if X-Play off).

Btw in eu, X-Play on, at peak hours (8pm and later) killer is instant. Afternoon, 30sec-2 minutes. Morning, no idea i have work and something else to do on the weekend mornings.

Survivor, overall no idea, don't play.

• chargernick85chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

Depends on killer I am using but my survivor Q is faster than my killers. This changed few days ago as my killer Q took forever and now it's very quick.

• pseudechispseudechis Member Posts: 2,105
    edited October 2021

The stronger survivors get one on one the less productive it is for killers to chase them.

You want kills you get them by camping and tunnelling is most circumstances.

Strong killers with unpredictable powers make for scary interesting chases. Not many killers fall into that box. As survivor you have so many tools at your disposal to extend chases and recover health states that this is the end result.

All those players whining about balance have created this meta.

• HawkAyeTheNooHawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 726

I dont know your mmr level but i rarely ever see killers doing this.

• HeartboundHeartbound Member Posts: 3,256

It's a good way to skyrocket your MMR so you're facing survivor meta builds that can handle your playstyle.