Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

It's official

I have now been schooled by a survivor, that was the I killed in a game.

The game was two deaths and two escaped, which was fine for me as I only needed two more kills for my challenge. They was on 4 gens with one left. I'd just hooked somebody in the basement, which was in the house and was going upstairs in the house because I could hear the gen being worked on. I caught the survivor and they jumped down without balanced landing, so when I jump I was right on top of them. I hit them and they went down at the top of basement stairs, so I did what any killer would do and took them down in basement. Bear in mind that these survivors where teamed up and had all the perks to escape.

The last gen popped so I hung around the house, went upstairs to see if the remaining survivors would leave or return for the save. They opened gate so I waited for them to leave as the two in basement, which had already been hooked once, died. Infact the whole team had been hooked and had been allowed to escape, nobody was tunnelled at all.

At the end of the game I was told that I had camped because I had not gone over the other side of the map and left basement. I got the usual slurs that survivors like to say when they had been killed.

So now I know, direct from the official survivors handbook. Camping is classed as "anywhere on the map where you are able to prevent a hooked survivor to be fully rescued and healed". This goes along with, "when a survivor has been hooked, you cannot hook them again until all of the rest of the team has been hooked", and "the killer must allow the team to leave and sometime farm points, should any survivor disconnects, even if said survivor is about be be hooked for the third time". Not forgetting, "if a survivor drops an item, then you should let them escape", and my favourite, "if the killer has hooked all but one survivor, and the best player is last, the killer should let the survivor get hatch".

Before anybody moans, saying typical killer main. I play equally as survivor, I just don't cry when I lose and moan when the killer plays the game to win.

Comments

• Sweet_TourSweet_Tour Member Posts: 558

Next patch we'll get cameras for the basement so we monitor and abuse them from top floor

• Bennett_They1ThemBennett_They1Them Member Posts: 2,338

that'd actually be a cool power, being able to set up and monitor security feeds around the map. maybe control forces?

• It was EGC, second guy should have left when he saw his friends weren't with him, but other than that theres nothing you can do. You're not going to please everyone and you did what you felt like was the right move.

If they really wanted to save that guy from basement it was going to take everyone... especially depending on how far that basement was from the door. If even one person doesnt come, then the EGC basement is a no go.

Even if you wanted to save them... escaping gives way more BP. Unfortunately. The game really needs to revamp the survival aspect and just base it off of time played during the match. Not who escapes... even the survival offerings are basically a waste. Cant guarantee you will always escape.

Anyway, it's their fault for assuming you would just leave them for what I assume are 3 healthy survivors. That is definitely a GG go next game for that guy. Hope he learned something

• Voodoo101Voodoo101 Member Posts: 237

Hold on, what you are saying that proxy camping is not allowed either. So where do you suggest the killer goes when they hook somebody?

And did you not actually read what I said. There was two in the basement, not one. They had all been hooked and allowed to unhook.

As I said, survivors think that the killer should just let unhooks be allowed. There was time for somebody to get into basement, unhook and leave. It's really not my fault when the survivors just got to gate and leave people still on hook. Maybe we should have a new system for killers. They can only hook once and then have to open the gate.

I don't know why so many survivors cry about killers when they carry Decisive Strike, Borrowed Time, Unbreakable and then have boons. Killers are supposed to let the survivors win and not even try.

• VikingDragonXiiVikingDragonXii Member Posts: 1,196

Dont worry I was called Toxic when I downed and hooked all 4 survivors and they didn't get even 3 gens done. This was on Gleendale I was using my anti-boon killer.....my good ole laughing boy himself.....Doc. I assume I was Toxic because I could find them even though they had half the map covered in shadowstep. I was accused for camping the hook.....mind you I hooked someone started to walk away used Static and heard a scream behind me I turned and saw a survivor running to unhook so I turned and gave chase.

You cant please everyone. I dont camp, tunnel or do the regular toxic killer tricks.....unless I have a good reason, ie a toxic flashlight clicky clack....I swear I can hear that in my sleep now.

But I digress. Play how you want to play, you were not purposely camping to be toxic right, then dont worry about it. Some survivors seem to think they should always be allowed to escape.

• lordfartlordfart Member Posts: 538

I'm confused now, 2 survivors died in basement 1 hook and you stayed in the house til they died didn't you? That's camping but them being salty about it doesn't mean it's not allowed they had an alright outcome with 2 escapes. Unless I'm interpreting what went down all wrong?

edited November 2021

Please go and read the description again. It was a three story house, with a basement, a downstrairs and an upstairs. There are many ways into the house. I went upstairs to get another survivor that was on a gen. I guess gens are out of bounds for killers as well. This is when I got the second person in the basement. I then went up to see if there was anybody else, this is when they opened the gate.

So your rule is, once the killer has hooked a survivor, they cannot be in the area of the hook, they cannot go to the gen that they was working on, they cannot go hit them again after they get unhooked, they have to let them open the gate.

This is the problem with the game. The killers have one job, which is to kill the survivors to stop them escaping. It's simple and is in the tutorial. Many survivor have a completely different set of rules that change depending on if they escape, if they dies and how they died.

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • dugmandugman Member Posts: 5,988

Survivors expecting you to chase them when it’s literally impossible for you to stop them from escaping are idiots. Why would they expect you to not defend the hook during the end game collapse when that’s literally the only thing in the match still left to defend?

I have a simple killer mindset. The more hooks I get, the more blood points I get and the more pips I get. I'm really fussed about kills, they are a bonus. If all four leave then they leave. I don't care about MMR, because I play for fun.

This is why I allow people to rescue, because it does me no favours to camp. I can spend my time getting another hook. But proxy camping is now classed as camping. Lets not forget that survivors take hits, block you when you are carrying somebody, use flashlights for the save, sabotage hooks and hide behind objects and in lockers by the hook ready for the save. Not forgetting boon totems so, if you don't keep pressure on in a chase, they just heal.

So I put a new rule in the rule book. A killer cannot be in the vicinity of the hook when somebody is on it, provided that no survivor has a flashlight or is anywhere in the vicinity of the hooked survivor during the process of hooking.

No, thought so. Survivors who cannot play the game, cry when the killer does anything.

• VikingDragonXiiVikingDragonXii Member Posts: 1,196

Can we all be friends here and agree some Survivors are entitled little crud nuggets that think they should have everything handed to them while others are not but can feel offended by how killers are atm in the game.

Alot of killers feel to get a decent score and not to get de-pipped or lose MMR is to camp and tunnel, which the Devs have said multiple times that is a valid strategy for killers to use. Is it fun no do all killers do it no but that's the way the game is right now. I feel alot of this is coming from both sides, survivors who think the game is about them and forget the Killer is a player too and Killers who, some but not all, wont learn new ways to mind game survivors and better ways to play their favorite Killer.

edited November 2021

I hooked two people and then went upstairs to look for another survivor, from the third floor, where a gen was that was about to be done. Where did I say I stood at the top of basement stairs. Am I not allowed to look for other survivors, am I supposed to go to a gen that has already been done, or am I allowed to go to a good advantage point to actually look for another survivor. I mean I want to get your idea's right. If I stay in basement, stand anywhere in the building or anywhere around the building, looking for a survivor. I am a camper.

They opened the gate and the survivors in basement was about to die. Maybe I should have ran to the gate while they stood there, just to watch the tea bag. Or maybe BHVR should put in a sign that the killer can wave in the air saying "Survivor on hook here, come and get them".

Post edited by EQWashu on

I agree. The funny thing is that the person who was giving it all in the chat after the game, was the person I tried to give chances, because they kept running into me instead of actually looping. I let them heal over and over to extend the game for them.

Like you said, there are a lot of new players on both sides. Killers who cannot chase and think it's the only way to at least get one kill, and entitled survivors like one on here, who think that because they are no good at the game, they should just have the win given to them.

Until the new killers learn that they can get kills if the practice and survivors actually learn what camping is, instead of using it everytime they lose, this will never end. It's the same with hacking. How many time must I watch a stream with somebody shouting that the killer is hacking, because they can see them, just because the killer has BBQ and Chilli or the like, or they can be downed by Plagues vomit, because they spend all game cleansing.

Maybe the game should make everybody play killer and survivor, then they can see it from the other side.