Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Why this event was the worst

So let me start off by saying if you enjoyed the event cool, good for you. I didn't, but this isn't about that. This is about what a terribly designed heap this event turned out to be.

Due to the shortsightedness of this event it has absolutely killed the game for me. I enjoy playing killer, not waiting in a lobby for 30 minutes or recreating one every 5. Due to the nature of the survivor objective for the event the best method was to simply run around, get you Sunny D and die, or wait for someone else to get it, then die. This led to deranking, and boosted af killers.

I've been at rank 1 for the past six months, never have the que times been this awful. I've all but stopped playing the game at this point, maybe I'll come back at rank reset. I like to play killer, not watch them stare at an empty forest.

This is a plea BHVR, never do something this stupid and poorly laid out again. No killer wants to play lobby simulator.

Comments

• MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,200

Queues are really fast at low rank because this is where all survivors are after all the flower suiciding stuff :wink:

• DreamnomadDreamnomad Member Posts: 2,847

I play on the PS4 so I didn't have the same lobby wait time issues. I personally, really liked all the cosmetics I got for free. I really liked all those bonus bloodpoints I earned. I will also really enjoy all those party streamers, escape cakes, and survivor puddings I've stockpiled. So overall I'm a fan of the event.

You do have a valid point about boosting killers to ranks they shouldn't be at. They also did make a mistake splitting the vials evenly between killer and survivor. But those are lessons learned that should improve future events.

• Dwight_FairfieldDwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 5,960
    The worst thing about this event was giving survivors objectives that had nothing to do with surviving.