Home Dead by Daylight Forums PTB Feedback Archives 5.4.0 PTB Feedback

I'm in love

Comments

• GwintyGwinty Member Posts: 837

I like her too. Good design and I can not wait to face her as a survivor.

A friend of mine also thinks she is very well designed and will buy her the day the DLC comes out.

I hate how people cry a Killer is OP when that Killer has only been out for what, a day or so? Wait a moment and try some new tricks to outplay the Killer, maybe, just maybe you can not play against every Killer the same way and need to adapt a little bit...

I dislike that too. Loving or hating a Killer by design is a personal opinion. Thinking a power is interesting or boring is also personal. There is no objective meassurement for "fun" or "cool"... There are people who enjoy Trapper or Hag, I get bored playing as them. We could talk about how strong a Killer is. But not about how "fun" something is like that...

• PhasmamainPhasmamain Member Posts: 10,206

Honestly she just seems annoying to play against. All it is is holding W

• Tr1nityTr1nity Member Posts: 5,000

"To the people who said my spirit obsession was just a phase.." -Unknown Developer

• FreshCoalFreshCoal Member Posts: 174

So you think a killer being able to place freddy snares that injure you and also have range and also go through walls and also track the survivor is a well designed power with counter-play?

• GannTMGannTM Member Posts: 9,614

Apparently an ability that gives a killer tracking is bad design. It's clear that killers just can't have anything good.

Your ignored the fact that she places unavoidable injuring snares in loops? Why do you keep talking about the tracking? You keep ignoring the main part of my posts.

• Tr1nityTr1nity Member Posts: 5,000

You just called out something that wasnt an "us vs them"

And than immediatly proceeded to make an "Us vs them" comment

Literally holding W destroys her lol. Even at loops you still have some ways around it if you are aware and you quit relying on "press space bar and win" tactics to beat a killer. It just doesn't work all the time and shouldn't work that much and you people need to stop acting like that's how easy it should be for survivor.

THATS MY EXACT POINT, the only "counter-play" is to hold w and it is extremely boring. Literally same counterplay as deadslinger because the killer has 0 mobility.

• Dino7281Dino7281 Member Posts: 3,294

Damn, I will be so pissed if they get one good killer and nerf it before live....

But when they are useless it's fine.

Well if you put it that way then I kind of get what you're saying but I still don't think she needs any changes.

• SunsetSherbetSunsetSherbet Member Posts: 1,371

And that's how she was designed. It's not some mistake or unintended aspect. That was intention of the developers. If you nerf that, you now have a killer who has nothing because you nerfed the core aspect of her design. The only fix is to cancel the chapter and redesign the killer from scratch. Or accept it is yet another failed design like half the killers and effectively remove her from the game with massive nerfs.

No I want her changed so that her stationary birds don't injure survivors, but then give her some kind of mobility/teleport secondary ability. Maybe place some paintings around the map that she can teleport too.

So what do you proposed the birds do then if you can’t injure with them? I don’t want a slowdown because then she’d be exactly like Pinhead.

• T0thLewisT0thLewis Member Posts: 38

Oh no you need to adapt a new strategy to evade her strong loop-cancelling powers? Oh the horror, the terror, now you have to get a PhD in strategic escape. Since looping has become the meta in this game, it is getting increasingly boring to play against survivors who just do the "run in circles for 1 hour then finally drop the pallet and continue in a new loop."

I said the stationary birds dont injure, but when she launches them then it does injure.

This has to be a bait I swear. I find it strange that you don't like looping? Looping is pretty much the entire generic chase mechanic. The only thing besides looping is just holding w in a straight line. And her power is "a super strong loop cancelling power" it just removes a loop from the game if she traps all the entrances. At least trapper has to collect enough traps to do that, then he has to slowly trap every entrance, his traps can be disarmed, and he has a limited amount of traps. The artist can just place them faster than a freddy snare, and they also have range, and a tracking swarm that doesn't allow the survivor to vault or drop a pallet, so the survivor just has to run in a straight line. Great design!

Oh I see now. I actually agree with that, I watched Scott Jund’s video and how he just completely trapped the Steve at shack. She’ll probably be fine if that gets removed.

"Looping is pretty much the entire generic chase mechanic."

No it doesn´t have to be, you are given a big map to play with. Avoiding her when she gets close to not raise attention and go to a gen to work on is a game mechanic, running through the map from tile to tile strategically is or running into a tile, using dance with me to vault and lose her and go back to the tile behind again is a game mechanic, Using deception to trick the killer into opening a locker and losing the killer that way is a game mechanic, Looping around a tile for an hour long and finally using dead hard to create distance and drop the pallet and rinse and repeat is a game mechanic also and frankly a boring and WAAAAY overused one.

I have a feeling the reason this killer was created is to cancel out the current crutch/meta build that is dead hard and looping which I don´t mind tbh. You can synergize so many other perks together to actually be able to escape the killer in an easier or more creative way. For example, Overcome and Lucky break, instant escape guaranteed. Deception, quick and quiet. sprint burst, vigil, urban evasion. There are so many other perks that can help you escape, you don't need to run the meta all the time.

"his traps can be disarmed"

Bring a flashlight, you can burn her idle crows then return to looping. :)

"so the survivor just has to run in a straight line"

Jump into locker, wait for head-on to activate, when killer is about to take you out of the locker, stun her, create distance, get back to creatively getting away.

There are many ways this killer can be countered and running the meta boon/dead hard ain't one of them. Start experimenting with other builds. I'm sick of the current meta and I am glad that they are bringing a killer into the game that cancels said meta, it shouldn't be a meta to begin with.

So you think the game would be better if everyone was a Blendette and held w? I would love to have a discord call with you to hear you out because all of this sounds so strange that you support the removal of loops in dead by daylight.

I would also like you to post how many hours you have in the game, and if you play on pc or not. Answer of all these questions and not just the 1 question that you would like to answer.

• HealsBadManHealsBadMan Member Posts: 1,122

Sounds like you're just a salty Survivor who only knows hold-W and looping. You might be shocked to hear this, but not everyone is the same way- there's different strategies that work for different players. Different Killer will kill those strategies too- Doctor ruins Blendettes, Spirit or Blight ruins Hold-W, and Artist ruins looping. Not to mention, this is hardly the first Killer to do so. You mentioned Trapper, but Hag can do this much better than arguably him or Artist. Freddy and Clown, though weak, have anti-loop as well.

Yes I love blight because you can't hold w against him, that is why he is one of my killer mains. I love going against blight as well, not to mention the amazing chase music and the chases are scary because he is powerful but not frustrating because he has interesting counterplay and can't just ignore pallets.

What is your discord I would rather have an actual conversation on there. I had no idea that there was this underground community of dbd players that despise looping? Its rather strange.

"I would love to have a discord call with you"

That sounds like a bait so no thanks.

"So you think the game would be better if everyone was a Blendette and held w?"

Do you actually not experiment with other builds and do Blendette W or Dead Hard looper all the time? Get real, most of the time the objective of the game is not even to escape or to get a 4K, it's to have fun and earn as much BP as possible. You can gen-rush and loop to have your MMR increased, but that just sucks the fun out of the game as it is the same boring playstyle at every given match. Be more creative for crying out loud.

"I would also like you to post how many hours you have in the game, and if you play on pc or not."

I am a PC player and currently have 409 hrs recorded in the game. I have also reached Killer Grade 1 and Survivor Grade 2 so I'm not new to the game as you can see, I extensively play both sides. :) Since I don't have 2000+ hours in the game, are my points instantly invalidated? Am I not a good enough player to understand the concept of the game? Don't judge me based on my hours alone, I like to experiment in the game and not run the same boring meta perks left and right and I honestly don't give a ######### about my MMR.

"Answer of all these questions and not just the 1 question that you would like to answer."

There answered all of them, mock me all you want. :)

Conclusion: Out of the 80 something perks available in the game to survivors, I see about 6-9 used all the time which is Sprint Burst, Dead Hard, Lithe, Borrowed Time, Unbreakable, Decisive Strike, Spine Chill, Boon: CoH and Boon: ShadowStep. That's approximately 9% of all perks used in the game by survivors. Why don't I see more variety in survivor builds that have different effects to approach a trial? Why does everyone like to run the same boring perks to elongate boring loops left and right that adds absolutely nothing to game value? Why no one have tried to run a MoM, WGLF, Breakout, We'll Make it build before to try and run tank and aid survivors with wiggle time? Where are the creative builds?

Why is looping so strongly defended and frankly one of the easiest mechanics to abuse in the game, that when a killer comes out that is strong in denying loops (like the Nurse, Spirit, Huntress) everyone cries out in masses for nerfing the killer just so they can continue their boring looping games and tbag every once in a while to rub it in a little more.

Personally I run the meta VERY RARELY (only when I have a challenge to actually escape trials so I can get them done pretty quickly) but outside of that I experiment around with builds to see how much fun I can have with them, because my aim in this game is... YOU GUESSED IT... to try and have fun and not win at every turn to increase an invisible number that doesn't mean jack in the end honestly.

• HealsBadManHealsBadMan Member Posts: 1,122

PREACH

This is exactly how I play- I only do meta sweat builds when I'm trying with friends, otherwise 80% of my games are about making a fun build or mechanic work. Recently I've been trying things like "Get one of every stun in a game." or "Take this boring perk that's never used and make a build that maximizes it.".

If you're curious, I'm a +1300hr player who's gotten every achievement and been Rank 1 on both sides for months at a time. I won't do that though, primarily because I'm at work and secondly because I'm fine talking here. I will say this- a Survivor that can adapt and do multiple types of strategies like I've listed is extremely good and tends to end up near the top of the ranks, as opposed to one that just knows one or two strats.

There are people in Dead by Daylight who actually try to play for fun and experiment around with different builds? SHOCKING, I WOULD HAVE NEVER THOUGHT! (I'm kidding of course xP)

We need more players like you! Players that make a trial actually fun to play. Players that make a strange build you rarely see and when it pays off it actually gets you bamboozled so in the end-game chat you can actually say "ggwp, awesome build, I was totally bamboozled by it", stuff like that!

Most of the time what I see is SWFs running the same meta perks, gen-rushing you, ending up with 11k bloodpoints and posting in end-game chat "gg ez, noob killer, great looping grandpa, ez ty for tutorial". I swear, Survivors are inherently more toxic than killers most of the time. I have fun playing survivor more than killer because it's not as frustrating, killers have more variety, they have to have more variety because every killer is different. But when it comes to survivors, you want to gouge your eyes out and jump off a cliff after seeing the same... FREAKING... META BUILD... FOR THE 5TH TIME... IN A ROW.

The problem is that looping is the most fun and interactive part of the game. The problem with really powerful anti-loop killers is that the only counterplay is BORING. And nobody wants to play a BORING game. You keep saying to "experiment" with stealth builds, but I already have and they are boring and not strong at all. Why would I play a more boring version of the game and get my teammates killed? And I would still like to have a voice call because your arguments are so strange, I could probably find better logic in a flat earth theory.

• vacamanvacaman Member Posts: 1,140

I started to become tired of killers with ranged projectiles but the concept of this killer is so interesting. I want to try it so bad.