Enough With The Camping/Tunneling Posts
If you seriously want camping and tunneling to be a playstyle that isn't a common sight in DBD, then the core mechanics of the game need adjusting. This would promote killers to try and play well feeling like they can afford to play in an interactive and engaging manner:
- Everytime a Killer hits or downs a Survivor all generators get blocked for 5 seconds.
- If 2 or more Survivors are repairing generators while a teammate is hooked further than 40m away, and the Killer is further than 24m away from the hook, Entity progression is increased by 33%.
- When a Killer damages a generator the generator explodes for an initial 2% regression. Generators regress at a rate of 50%.
- Repair speed perks and items no longer function as they currently do.
- Toolboxes now unlock the Sabotage action as well as increase the speed of Cleansing.
- Toolbox and Worn-Out Tools are removed. Mechanics and Engineers Toolbox rarity becomes Uncommon and Common from Rare and Very Rars.
- Basement is removed.
- Recovery speed from Dying is increased by 75% when 5 generators remain while 4 survivors are alive in the trial. Recovery speed is increased by 50% when 4 generators remain while 4 survivors are alive in the trial. Recovery speed is decreased by 25% when 2 generators remain while 4 survivors are alive in the trial. Recovery speed is decreased by 50% when 1 generator remains while 4 survivors are alive in the trial.
- Successful attacks while a Power is active does not trigger perk related status effects.
- Exit Gate open progress regresses at a rate of 100% when no longer being opened.
- Exit Gates are blocked for 10 seconds if a Killer opens it.
These are the ideas for a healthier gaming exerience. Perk values would need adjusting to compensate for some of these changes, but let me know what you think. Keep the replies productive so we can actually figure stuff out and take dbd to the next level.