Home Dead by Daylight Forums PTB Feedback Archives 5.4.0 PTB Feedback

Addition To Hex: Pentimento

Onyx_BlueOnyx_Blue Member Posts: 1,060

It feels like this perk is missing something, that something is it should reveal the auras of all Totems in the trial. Auras appear white. Then when they are cleansed they appear as the black auras we see when close to them. This way we know when to use them and as a solid counter to Boons, being able to actively see where the Boons are potentially being applied. Atm this perk is gonna be useless in 90% of matches even when comboed into a proper build; no one cleanses totems anymore, they just bless them, even Hex totems get blessed instead of cleansed.

Comments

• SonzaishinaiSonzaishinai Member Posts: 6,454

Thrill completly locks out the problem of hex totems being blessed instead of cleansed.

If survivors spend 48 seconds blessing your hexes then you got so much slowdown your build doesn't really matter anymore at that point.

Thrill ruin pentimento

Either they keep ruin up all game which old undying proved is immensly valluable, or they cleanse for pentimento or they spend ages blessing them. Either way you have something.

Sadly if pentimento is getting changed that the repair speed penalty is only on the second totem it falls appart. Making sure the survivors cleansed atleast one totem with this build is easy. 2 totems and keeping those 2 totems up not so much. I guess you could add in Devour too for a second must cleanse totem but still.

• Onyx_BlueOnyx_Blue Member Posts: 1,060

Thrill makes blessing a Hex 36 seconds.

Survivors blessing a Hex is a longer time drain, but not many survivors cae that much about the drain. They'd rather have a Boon up regularly than cleanse it altogether. I rarely see cleansing happening in my survivor or killer matches tbh

Thrill makes blessing a hex take 48 seconds

Thrill doesn't add time to totems it makes survivors slower. If you work half as fast on something you take twice as long.

I just tested it in a kyf, with all 5 totems left:

- Blessing a Dull without TOTH in play took 14 seconds.

- Blessing a Hex without TOTH in play took 28 seconds.

- Blessing a Hex with TOTH in play took 56 seconds.

- Cleansing a Hex/Dull with TOTH in play took 28 seconds.

With 1 totem left:

- Cleansing a Hex with TOTH in play took 15 seconds.

- Blessing a Hex with TOTH in play took 31 seconds.

With 2 totems left:

- Cleansing a Hex with TOTH in play took 16 seconds.

- Blessing a Hex with TOTH in play took 34 or 35 seconds. (Only did the one test).

You are right, it does add the full bless speed onto it. But that is not what it should do XD the wording of TOTH is this: "For each dull and hex totem remaining on the map, gain a token. Survivors cleansing and blessing speed is reduced by 10% for each token."

But looking at my results, basic maths would imply that for each totem still on the map add 2.8 seconds to bless time and 1.4 onto cleanse time. So with all 5 totems up, we're looking at an additional 14 seconds to bless. That perk clearly has it's description all wrong. It doesn't take 50% longer it takes 100% longer. That really messed my head up doing all those tests XD so i'm just gonna leave it at this: Yeah, you're right. Using TOTH with it would be a good idea to scare people into cleansing at least one totem.

edited November 2021

The discription isn't wrong but it's very confusingly worded. It doesn't make totems take longer but survivors slower

bassicly how it works is that every action in this game uses charges. cleansing a totem for example takes 14 charges to do. Normally survivors work at 1 charge per second so it would take them 14 seconds

Thrill changes that to 0.5 charges a second. So it takes them 14/0.5= 28 seconds to do. No worries every body gets this wrong

I am scratching my head how on earth you got 56 seconds for blessing a hex though. That should be 48 xD

Edit: Just noticed Blessing a hex normally takes longer then i thought it did. Even the wiki says it's 24 seconds I think you stumbled across a shadow nerf or a bug

Yeah, I was under the assumption of it being 24 to bless too. This is one instance where I am happy to be proved wrong lol XD

• Dino7281Dino7281 Member Posts: 3,294

Just make it work like it was first showed. Easy fix

That perk looked decent and you could make some fun combos with it, but it's kinda garbage now imo