Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Is ESP the most common hack?

DeshDesh Member Posts: 1,118

I've noticed heavily that when I play a match using a Stealth Killer such as Myers, GhostFace, Wraith, etc., that Survivors will suddenly move away or hide as I approach. For example, a Survivor would be doing a Generator on the other side of a high wall that limits their vision. I can clearly hear them tinkering with it as I approach or at the very least, hear that the generator was being worked on at some point. When I get closer (still not in their view since the wall is directly blocking view) they'll suddenly stop and move away. No one else is around to see me so no information was passed, they COULD be running premonition or SC however endgame usually show they weren't running those perks. I'll check out the area and eventually find them within the local area before we begin chase.

So how are they able to know when I'm approaching? It's either A.) they're running a stretched screen resolution which gives them advantage on having situational awareness or B.) they're subtly hacking and using ESP.

Has anyone else been experiencing similar issues?

Comments

• PanicSquidPanicSquid Member Posts: 655

Or

C) They have a friend calling you out

D) They heard you breathing or disturbing a crow

• dugmandugman Member Posts: 5,987

I think you hit the main reasons survivors leave when you get there while Undetectable

• Spine Chill is probably the main culprit. I’ve been trying to develop a habit of not looking directly at the generator I’m approaching in order to get as close as possible to Spine Chill gamers and it works pretty well. Likewise in a chase I frequently do a 180 when I’m out of view of them to both hide my red stain and turn off the Spine Chill indicator since they sometimes use that to help beat mindgames at loops or tell if you’re still chasing them.
    • Next up is SWF communication. They might not see you but their buddy does.
    • Then of course there’s the possibility of stretched res and other graphical tomfoolery. Maybe someday DbD will put in restrictions in the game to not allow stretched res play, but until that happens it’s an unfortunate reality that it lets survivors see over obstacles they’re not supposed to be able to see over
    • And finally there’s the off-chance of a hack of some kind, but who knows? 🤷‍♂️ I tend to assume it’s one of the other reasons versus an actual hack, but anything’s possible I guess.
  • DeshDesh Member Posts: 1,118

Those are also possibilities however, I already stated no one was nearby to see me so no information could've been passed. And it's not like it's a one-off thing either. This could happen multiple times with the specific player in the match. Crows I don't disturb or avoid as Killer if I'm stealthing unless it's a chase.

• DeshDesh Member Posts: 1,118

Without a doubt. I don't immediately jump to "they're hacking" when they do something like that. In fact, the first thought that pops into my head is SpineChill. The second being is if anyone saw me coming on the way over. But if EG shows they don't have SC, and there was nobody around OR they were Solo Survivors, then it gets pretty suspicious. Nothing I can prove obviously, but it's one of those things in the back of your head where you're asking yourself how do they always know when to hide/move away if you're out of sight.

• IWFreakIWFreak Member Posts: 251

Depending on what killer you play, they can be pretty loud. From the stealth killers:

Ghostface, Wraith and Daddy Myers can be really loud. I can mostly hear them approaching within the last few meters... This is sometimes enough to deny the first early hit.

For other killers, with for example Tinkerer:

Huntress, Freddy (in sleep), PyrHead, Demo, Nemesis, Oni, Hillbilly and Trapper are really loud, even without their TR.

This could also be the cause of them walking away early.

Or they got a hint earlier. Maybe you just hooked someone, they saw you with Kindred, and saw you walk in their direction. Maybe you startled a crow.

• MylaMyla Member Posts: 1,551

Maybe anything is possible since the Anti cheat is very much compromised. You can find people subtly use cheats to increase their movement speed and wall hacks isn't that far off.

But people could also be using those stretched resolution stuff.

• edgarpoopedgarpoop Member Posts: 5,103

Stretched res won't help as much with the stealth aspect. Speaking as someone who used it for a while.

Spine Chill is a possibility, as are comms. But players (decent ones at least) aren't going to wait until you're right on top of them if they get a call out, nor can I imagine many instances where teams are spread out but also able to give a call that late.

Hacks are very much a possibility. I'm of the opinion that they are extremely prevalent and much more utilized than people realized. An admin of a well-known hacking site claims 10% of the PC playerbase uses them. I think most hackers are just very subtle and keep it to ESP and a very small speed boost here and there.