Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

The Cheating Issues Will Continue to Hamper Player Fun until BHVR Takes Action

PulsarPulsar Member Posts: 12,556
edited November 2021 in General Discussions

Greetings all.

I'm doing one of these again, because I feel that the current cheater issue in DBD warrants it. I'm finding more and more cheaters and I know many content creators are as well. This negatively impacts all of us and BHVR's silence on the issue is not only disappointing, it's harmful.

Allow me to explain. DBD has always had cheaters. It had them when I played my very first match in early 2018 and it'll have them long after I stop playing, this is just a fact of online multiplayer games. The issue is that, over the last year, cheaters themselves have become far more prevalent. Nobody cares if there's a flying Dwight every 1 out of 100 games. The issue occurs when there are multiple hackers in 1 out of every 5 games.

Currently, due to the nature of the MMR system, hackers will naturally float to the upper end of MMR. This allows them to easily and efficiently target popular players/streamers. There are cheats that allow them to stream snipe reliably. Likewise, there are cheats that allow them to access Crossplay OFF lobbies as shown in the following two clips. Only the Dwight was cheating in the first clip, the others had no idea until he finished the gens in 5 seconds.

Most recently, there was a security flaw discovered that allowed people to grab IP's, doxx, DDoS and swat people. This is dangerous and can affect people IRL, possibly even getting them killed over a video game. Hackers are able to access private and sensitive information because of a security flaw. It was only a matter of time, we saw posts like this back in July, where hackers could access client-side information

All of this because BHVR doesn't seem capable of securing their game. It's absolutely unacceptable that they haven't released some sort of statement to address the hacking issues and it's absolutely disgusting that they haven't warned players about the security breach. We need to talk and spread awareness about this issue so that BHVR fixes it AND so that we can warn other players in the Fog.

Thank you.

Post edited by Pulsar on

Comments

• JagoJago Member Posts: 1,418

How can you betray the fps thread.

• WesCravenFanWesCravenFan Member Posts: 1,095

I agree. That is more than enough time, but then I have been saying for months the game needs a hard time limit.

• Nathan13Nathan13 Member Posts: 5,634

I played a match the other day with just 2 survivors and there were 2 killers. Sounds like a lot of people have experienced this.

• lavarslavars Member Posts: 312

I just wait to the day hackers can hijack accounts to a degree where they can disable your DLC or something.

• GeneralVGeneralV Member Posts: 7,098

Now it is a good time to be out of the Fog, to be honest.

I haven't faced a hacker since that one Cheryl on Badham Preschool, but it didn't come anywhere close to this.

• DieGräfinDieGräfin Member Posts: 228

My last cheater was a porting huntress with infinity hatches. PC gamers should be among themselves. Exclude PC players from crossplay and done 👌

• UnknownKillerUnknownKiller Member Posts: 1,464

Guess how many post we need to actually make em do something?

With hackers and new games coming they are digging their own tomb *F13th flashbacks*

• awustzdnawustzdn Member Posts: 150

Let's see if we can get this thread to be as thicc yet ignored as the performance one.

No, the replies from powerless forum moderators do not count, as they can't do anything to fix the problems.

• TheShapesMixtapeTheShapesMixtape Member Posts: 3,254

More like player morale

• PulsarPulsar Member Posts: 12,556

It is a IRL version of "There is no war in Ba Sing Se."

Everyone knows there's a problem, but BHVR seems to think if they ignore it it'll go away.

I agree. Not only miserable, but actually in danger of having their info stolen.

• IronKnight55IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,383

I've only seen like 2-3 hackers in months.

• AnniehereAnniehere Member Posts: 1,115
    edited November 2021

BHVR not addressing DDOS reports and cheating for several months, i will not be surprised if one day this game will run with hackers only.

Well, the point of my other thread was to spread awareness and I'd like this to do the same.

But stay on-topic please.

• TatariuTatariu Member Posts: 1,734

Ah #########, here we go again.

edited November 2021

Indeed.

I figured this topic was more important and certainly needed.