Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

The Cheating Issues Will Continue to Hamper Player Fun until BHVR Takes Action

Comments

• hikenhiken Member Posts: 830
    edited November 2021

hacking is getting real in your servers, here in SA is not commun to see them, i guess cause here in latam is not like we can afford paying 50dls a month for a hack and then still potentially getting banned. and im glad of that. but still something must be done. i got the idea of adding a record game system from all perspectives so sending tickets would be WAY easier with ACTUAL proof of what happened.

• AurelleAurelle Member Posts: 2,250

This is a serious issue. I haven't ran into many hackers (or maybe just didn't notice), but I've heard many people say that they run into them frequently. You can't even DC if the hackers decide to hold the game hostage because that will get you a DC penalty. I really hope BHVR does something about this because this cannot continue any longer. This needs to be resolved immediately.

• SluzzySluzzy Member Posts: 2,708

It would at least help until they fixed it. I was saying they would be less likely to hack knowing you wouldn't have to endure it.

A flying ghostface with hatchets? Nope, I'm out..

• ThiccBudhhaThiccBudhha Member Posts: 5,885
  • BeaburdBeaburd Member Posts: 815

Oh cool, PSA on the DDoS issue.

Actually proud of them.

Took a few days to grow an integrity spine, but grew one they did.

• Nathan13Nathan13 Member Posts: 5,634

Did y’all see BHVR’s statement??

• Chilli_man2400Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,124

Alright guys BHVR has responded. It’s not about the cheating issue but they mentioned the DDOS issue. Atleast there talking about it

• LaluziLaluzi Member Posts: 3,260

I'm torn. I'd think this is a good idea if there's a relatively imminent fix on its way, and the DC penalty is disabled for maybe a week, but this has been going on for months and I'm loathe to see DC penalties turn off for several more. The game gets really unplayable in that state (I pretty much have to play killer because solo survivor sees someone quit every single game. Now it's even worse because you can't even safety pip by soldiering on; your MMR is a near-guaranteed drop unless the killer takes pity) and it feels like trading one gamebreaking issue for another.

But you are right, the incentive to cheat drops sharply when everyone immediately leaves and cheaters don't have any power to grief people. Unfortunately, this wouldn't disincentivize the subtle cheaters, but it does take the wind out of the sails of the blatant ones who play to antagonize.

Anyway. I'm glad they finally made a statement. I would have been more reassured if they had alluded to progress on either of these issues, but it's good they're making people aware this is a problem.

• awustzdnawustzdn Member Posts: 150

They may have made a statement, but it smells of typical, empty corporate placation. Actions speak a hell of a lot louder than words, and they sure aren't showing us a whole lot of actions.

I mean... i’m glad they’re trying to handle it now. What about you?

• PulsarPulsar Member Posts: 12,553
    edited November 2021
    edited November 2021
  • PoodleDoodlePoodleDoodle Member Posts: 10

Somehow I don't believe this. There's been one fog whisperer I'm aware of who constantly talks ######### and rightfully so about bvhr's gross incompetence and went off about the cheating problem this morning. I'll start believing as soon as I see this person avoid the topic all the sudden.

• bm33bm33 Member Posts: 5,988

Hopped on quick to enter in the new BP code. The in-game news doesn't have the statement about people getting DDoS'd. They really need to put that in the in game news because I'm sure there are tons of players that don't visit socials/forums and have no idea. Only recent in game news are the reminders that Stranger Things is leaving. 🙄

• TragicSolitudeTragicSolitude Member Posts: 5,458

Gee, I'm so glad BHVR turned off being able to record video on the Switch. Just had a very frustrating match against a Huntress who was cheating. All four survivors were playing default Leon, but she always knew us apart. She beelined to every one of us constantly. Even though I hid in a locker on the other side of the map when she killed the last person, she came straight to me. The only thing she was running was tier 1 Territorial Imperative. But I can't prove anything without video.

It's sad that this game is broken in basically every way possible. Doesn't run well even on some higher-end PCs. Runs terrible on console. SBMM is painful. To make it even worse, there's cheating, DDOSing, and doxing. There's constantly new content, so DbD is obviously being worked on, but the game-breaking, misery-inducing problems remain.

• PizzasaucePizzasauce Member Posts: 940

This probably isn't the right place and I apologize for that but is it possible for cheaters/hackers to disconnect you from games? I know my NAT settings are too strict but I swear I get disconnected at the most opportune times for my opponent.

• BloodshadeBloodshade Member Posts: 2,313
    edited November 2021

Forced to eat a DC penalty because of a hostage taker. Thanks BHVR.

Time to spend a bunch of time begrudgingly making a report that'll do nothing, since there are 500+ other cheaters out there. And DDOSers of course. Thank you again BHVR, for stacking the system to be so in their favor.

• BloodshadeBloodshade Member Posts: 2,313

Like I can't even blame the cheaters at this point. The DDoSers sure, the swatters most definitely. But the average run of the mill cheater? Nah. BHVR have given them what they want on a silver platter.

• SadLegionSadLegion Member Posts: 193
    edited November 2021

Just got two cheaters in a row. Meg with wallhacks and insta-pickup, then lagswitching Claudette.

Yesterday was a sneaky cheater who did all the gens in 3 mins, insta-cleansed Noed, was spawning boons left and right within seconds.

Day before yesterday speedhacking and invisible-turning Bill, and another lagswitcher.

Game is feeling great so far.

• WarHammerExeWarHammerExe Member Posts: 7

I Met flying Dwight also. Cannot be chased even until end game.

+1 vote from me for this thread. What a joke "Buy to Play" game.

• Tdbrown50Tdbrown50 Member Posts: 87

What a sad world we live in.I’m 50 years old and I play this mostly because my grandkids get a laugh out of it.People are so evil they will get other people killed over a video game.SMH.And the company that is making millions off this game doesn’t seem to give a rats butt about the people they are making money off of.Seems they would realize if they fix the problems they could make way more money.Maybe I should go back to Atari lol.

• DieGräfinDieGräfin Member Posts: 228

I had yesterday a pinhead with a incredible movement speed. I thought first he use the perk play with your food but in the end screen he didn't have it.

He was really fast, I can't report this because BHVR turned of video recording on Nintendo switch. Thanks for that.

• shitmanshitman Member Posts: 174

I'm getting more and more frustrating about BHVR. My best friend decided to download cheats too, he bought them and played for three months until he was banned. But you know what, it didn't stop my friend, he went and bought a new account. It seems to me that BHVR does not specifically block cheaters forever because otherwise they will lose their earnings from them.

• YordsYords Member Posts: 5,553

Still not a single word from BHVR on this issue, typical.