Home Dead by Daylight Forums Ask the Community
We have been investigating cases of distributed denial of services (DDoS) over the last week. We take these reports extremely seriously. We're actively monitoring the situation internally and with our partners to gather as much information as possible and identify trends.

We are terribly sorry to those who have been affected by these attacks- we understand the impact this has on you. We are taking every appropriate measure to ensure the safety of our players.

We encourage our players to report to us any cases of DDoS, as well as any other form of inappropriate or abusive behaviour in the game. In the meantime, we encourage you to stay safe and follow best practices for online safety.
Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

Exit Being Blocked For Survivor?

Is this a perk? I was playing against a leatherface and when I went to cross the line it wouldn't let me cross. I've never ran into that before. What kind of perk is that?

Answers

• CookieBearCookieBear Member Posts: 1,290

Did he have blood warden?

• Jplanas98Jplanas98 Member Posts: 391

Are you new? If so, there's a perk called Blood Warden that prevents you from being able to leave for 1 minute if a survivor has been hooked after exit gates are opened.

• pizzaduffyhp90pizzaduffyhp90 Member Posts: 175

probably blood warden

• PizzasaucePizzasauce Member Posts: 230

Yes, thats why I asked lol. Thank you for your response.

• MooksMooks Member Posts: 7,087

There is some killer specific mechanics/add ons that can also block the gates (but nothing other than Bloodwarden works for Bubba)

Freddy: has an addon that blocks the gate for sleeping survivors for a short time

Twins: When Victor is latched on a surv the gate is blocked for them, I think even a few seconds after victor got removed

Pinhead: If you are chained the gates are blocked, but immediately free when chains are removed

• Nathan13Nathan13 Member Posts: 3,889

blood warden

• MandyTalkMandyTalk Administrator, Co-ordinator, BHVR Posts: 15,641

I do love a sneaky Blood Warden in game, that feeling as you think you're safe and then you see the entity blocking the exit - a complete oh [BAD WORD] moment!

• PizzasaucePizzasauce Member Posts: 230

It was a very oh [BAD WORD] moment for both me and my teammate!

• Tr1nityTr1nity Member Posts: 1,724

One time I could have gotten so much blood warden value but this one gamer decided they were not in a chase, so no windows got blocked and they just ran an infinite until the Feng came to bodyblock.

I could get in chases with other people, but I guess this one had social anxiety.