Home Dead by Daylight Forums Feedback Feedback and Suggestions
We have been investigating cases of distributed denial of services (DDoS) over the last week. We take these reports extremely seriously. We're actively monitoring the situation internally and with our partners to gather as much information as possible and identify trends.

We are terribly sorry to those who have been affected by these attacks- we understand the impact this has on you. We are taking every appropriate measure to ensure the safety of our players.

We encourage our players to report to us any cases of DDoS, as well as any other form of inappropriate or abusive behaviour in the game. In the meantime, we encourage you to stay safe and follow best practices for online safety.

Franklin's Demise should only disable item use temporarily

KateMain86KateMain86 Member Posts: 490
edited November 25 in Feedback and Suggestions

This perk is still unfun and unfair to play against. The last change to it was not enough. There is no reason at all that a perk should give the killer the power to drop an item from a survivors hand. The ONLY thing this perk should do is temporarily disable the use of the item. The fact that you can easily lose your item for just getting hit by the killer 1 time is beyond ridiculous. Good luck getting your item back if you can even find it. When your item is dropped, you have to keep running from the killer or get downed. If you get downed and hooked then it seems almost pointless to try to find your item again and get any good use out of it. This perk is just a frustration maker that makes matches miserable to play. Its bad enough we lose items (even unused ones) when we die. Why do killers need a freaking perk that can make you drop your item and potentially lose it if you don't recover it?

Comments

• Hunter_Main_322Hunter_Main_322 Member Posts: 530
  • R1ch4rd_N1x0nR1ch4rd_N1x0n Member Posts: 1,129

I think it needs a change but not that kind of change.

• GoshJoshGoshJosh Member Posts: 2,232

Yeah, Franklin’s has far too much power for how easy it is to activate. I disagree though, it should maintain making the survivor drop their item. As that’s where the perk name originates from. And the Entity should prevent it from being picked up for 30/60/90 seconds. But remove the ridiculously strong charge draining function.

Let people run Overwhelming Presence if they want to make survivor items drain faster.

• AnObserverAnObserver Member Posts: 358
    edited November 25

While I do think that Item Aura's could be shown to Survivors at a base radius of something like 8m (in general), Franklin's is fine as it is. It's only useful if Survivors bring Items in the first place.

• YOURFRIENDYOURFRIEND Member Posts: 805

Please let killers have decent perks.

• DorkianBaeDorkianBae Member Posts: 140

The perk is fine

Using 1/4 perks just to make you not have overpowered items isn't exactly OP.

• Jplanas98Jplanas98 Member Posts: 431

Don't rely on items then. Franklin's is a pretty useless perk if you don't have an item.

• DBD78DBD78 Member Posts: 2,408

It's unfair that killers have to use this perk to counter OP items like medkits and strong toolboxes. Nerf items and franklins won't be needed. Right now it could use a buff because it's a B or C tier perk at best.

• ViamontViamont Member Posts: 226

A situational perk that might or might not help you, with a very specific way to work , mediocre at best but yea...lets nerf it. But you know what lets do it, lets make it so it prevents people from using items for X amount of time....after medic kits, brand new parts, tool boxes and other overly strong items are nerfed to the ground to, sounds fair?

• KateMain86KateMain86 Member Posts: 490

Nerf items? What do you want them to do? Disable them completely? See this is the problem right here. Killer mains recognizing certain items as OP when they aren't. Why don't you compare the power of the killer to literally be able to delete my item if I don't recover it and if I do the chance to render it useless due to charge depletion, to that of the survivor who's item has limited use. Franklins can be used the entire match. I don't think I'm being unreasonable when I suggest that franklins should only disable item use temporarily and not drop items.

• KateMain86KateMain86 Member Posts: 490

There are no overpowered survivor items. Even the best items (red key, purple toolbox/medkit/flashlight) have limited uses and the key is still conditional. I still have to do a certain amount of generators to be able to even use the key. I can't sabotage hooks the entire match with a toolkit even with the best addons. It will eventually run out of charges AND the hooks respawn. I have to use my items wisely to get good use out of them in many situations whereas the killer just has to M1 to use franklins whenever they want.

• Dino7281Dino7281 Member Posts: 2,247
    edited November 26

If you play Wraith, Hag, or Artist and you see multiple flashlights, there are two options:

• Use Frenklyn's
    • Dodge that lobby

If you see 4x medkit you have two options:

• Use Frenklyn's
    • Dodge that lobby

So it's just fact that Frenklyn's is needed right now in some situations, if you want to nerf it there is few possible things to do:

• Remove option to do last second changes in lobby, so killer always know what he is playing against
    • Make it survivors can't stack same items
    • Remove flashlight counter-play to all killers
    • Nerf medkits

Not all, but some of them would be needed for that.

Items are kinda extra thing and you are mad that killer is playing without a perk against that?

If it is toolbox -> just use it

If it is med-kit -> just drop it yourself somewhere and run there to heal when needed

If it is flashlight -> yeah, you are [BAD WORD]

• FuzzycubeFuzzycube Member Posts: 17

If you nerf it too hard people will just use lightborn.

That doesn't really help Wraith, Hag, or Artist.

and it doesn't fix multiple med-kits..

So no, people will just dodge more lobbies.

• AkimboTsAkimboTs Member Posts: 5

yh i can tell ur a survivor main.

imagine actually saying franklins needs a nerf LMAO

Just a small correction in case you’ve been out of the loop.. keys only work for opening the hatch as the last remaining survivor in the trial now. Regardless of generators completed or not. Hatch only spawns when one survivor is left in the trial.

But yeah, survivors get the short end of the stick when it comes to items vs. killer add-ons. Survivors have to survive to keep their item, and always lose their add-ons now unless running Ace in the Hole (who does that). Killers just need to run add-ons (no item to power them), already earn a great deal more BP, and can too easily counter all items with one basic attack. Like you said, they pay for Franklin’s one to three times and that’s it. Items and add-ons have to be repeatedly bought or found, and people base their builds around their items. Cheap perk in its current form for sure.

• ReikoMoriReikoMori Member Posts: 1,748

Killers have to buy add-ons repeatedly as well, we have the same issues of bloodweb RNG that survivors do and pay the same prices survivors do. The only difference is you have functionally more stuff that you can buy. Franklin's doesn't need another nerf when it is already a situational perk that affects only one aspect of the game, items. Right now, medkits are very strong and an entire team with them makes the game very annoying for killers who aren't in the top 5 or rocking an on-demand instadown power. Add in CoH and they're even stronger. Franklins in its current form is the best balance between what you want and what it was.

Remember, the entity used to just eat your item entirely. Not just take its charges, literally delete it from the game. Just losing the charges is pretty fair by comparison as you can still go pick it up and leave the game with it, but you just won't get the value of it in that trial. Just because you bring something into a trial doesn't mean you're going to get the full value of it.

• UnderdawgUnderdawg Member Posts: 158

Franklin's is annoying, but much better in its current form. The only time Franklin's gets on my nerves is when I'm doing one of those "Deplete X item" rift challenges and I'm the first one hit - I loop a couple of tiles before I realize my item is gone. 😂

• HagathaSimmonsHagathaSimmons Member Posts: 25

Agree. Flashlights are detrimental to Hags main power. At least with wraith you have to have your timing a little on point for a light burn. I’m not familiar with how it affects the artist different from any other killer though.

The buff to Franklins was actually good and I agree with it. As someone who plays both sides. When I’m a survivor with purple medkit and OP addons I get bummed with Franklins but I won’t Boohoo cry about it to the devs.

as Hag I can finally fully deplete their flashy’s instead of having the small possibility of the item “disappearing” in 180 seconds.

Yeah, I think current version works way better for both sides.

It is more reliable counter against items for a killer and survivors can leave with their empty item, if they manage to leave.

I think people kinda forget that it costs 1 perk slot, which is a lot when you have 4 perks total. It is also just useless as soon as survivors don't have items. It's not a perk that gives value whole game and you have to use M1 for it to work.

• HagathaSimmonsHagathaSimmons Member Posts: 25

It was definitely more powerful before the boon meta, getting rid of medkits as well.

The totally disappearing version had much more counterplay. Just get it before the timer is up, suffer no loss. Charges are immediately and quickly draining with the current version now though. Also makes there no reason to bring Overwhelming Presence.